TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

I’ll put it this way. From 6600 or less, I don’t think I’ll hit driver anymore unless it’s just a no trouble take a rip situation.

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY EIGHT ball speed with the 3w today. :oops:

I am not sure they make a course short enough for me to not hit a driver at some point. haha. Unless it is a par three course.

I am not sure they make a course short enough for me to not hit a driver at some point. haha. Unless it is a par three course.
Oh, I would hit it, and will. But I don’t HAVE to. It’s hilarious.

I thought the Mavrik was hot, I thought the SIM Max was hot, but the SIM Ti is NOT FAIR.

Oh, I would hit it, and will. But I don’t HAVE to. It’s hilarious.

I thought the Mavrik was hot, I thought the SIM Max was hot, but the SIM Ti is NOT FAIR.

I think the SIM Ti is the tour edge CB2 on roids.

I think the SIM Ti is the tour edge CB2 on roids.
It’s crazy.

Now, I am shafting a new EXS Pro to the same build and shaft specs to go head to head, but these are pretty freaking amazing. The look. The sound. The murdered golf balls.

It’s crazy.

Now, I am shafting a new EXS Pro to the same build and shaft specs to go head to head, but these are pretty freaking amazing. The look. The sound. The murdered golf balls.

That will be interesting to see.

I just can’t with these.

The 5w was unreal for me, and the 3w has picked up the same way, it’s like a freaking driver ball speed wise. When I can hit 160 out of a 3w it’s not a golf club anymore, it’s a freaking rocket ship.

I did go back to the Riptide in the 5w, 8X COOOL was too manly for me :oops:

I just can’t with these.

The 5w was unreal for me, and the 3w has picked up the same way, it’s like a freaking driver ball speed wise. When I can hit 160 out of a 3w it’s not a golf club anymore, it’s a freaking rocket ship.

I did go back to the Riptide in the 5w, 8X COOOL was too manly for me :oops:

How’s the ball height in regards to going into a green?

How’s the ball height in regards to going into a green?
5w? I’m hitting it 39 yards peak.

3w? 36.

It’s ample.

Do you feel like the SIM TI is only for the better player @Jman ?

You've got me really excited to try it, but I'm wondering if I need to stick with my Max. I will say that Diamana shaft has me intrigued.

Anyone try the upright lie setting on their Sim fw?

I ask because I noticed my strike was pretty damn good in the upright position but moved it back to std.

Now today, on IG, Trottie was showing off Rahmbo's bag and he noted that JR plays his fws in the upright position to help with turf interaction.

Just kinda interesting....

Last edited:
When I can get 150 ball speed....from a 5w....from the DECK...

:oops:

Wow.

The incoming TEE EXS Pro 5w has its work cut out for it.

This 5w is a 🦄

It’s so good it’s ABSURD. Truly freaking absurd.

Throwdown between the SIM’s (3/5) and TEE EXS Pro’s (3/5) this week. Same length. Same shaft. Same swing weight. Set to same loft. All Ti faces.

I expect an utter war.

My two Ti fairways have changed everything for me. In both distance and general consistency these are ball speed monsters that have both become legitimate hit it to a number tee options.

I can not believe how much these are slept on, but the price plays a role there I know. I’ve hit all the options this year, and TM hits the beat combo of looks, feel, distance, and general playability imo. Pure, filthy, fun.

I am still really liking the sim max 3 wood but the TI is something that is on my mind. If I pulled the shaft out of the max and threw on a tm adapter would it play the same length in the TI head? Hope that made sense, I guess I’m @Jman will be able to answer that for me

I am still really liking the sim max 3 wood but the TI is something that is on my mind. If I pulled the shaft out of the max and threw on a tm adapter would it play the same length in the TI head? Hope that made sense, I guess I’m @Jman will be able to answer that for me
Im not totally sure to be honest :oops:

This is def the best fw I've ever gamed (5 wood). Off the tee and the deck it is incredible. Recently had a happy accident and now have a Ventus Red 7X in it and my gawd its in full beastly mode now. One of the few spots in my bag that is locked up for the foreseeable. Would take something truly special to get this setup out of my bag.

I just shafted up a SIM Rocket titanium 3 wood with an ACCRA TZ6 shaft. I had it in and out of the bag with the stock Diamana shaft. However, I am pretty stocked to give it a try with this new shaft.

I got the new SIM Rocket with the ACCRA shaft out today and it was AWESOME. I only got to hit it twice off the tee, but both times, I was positioned perfectly and, knowing the course, they were both long. This 3 wood has some juice to it.

I put the SIM Ti back in the bag a week or so ago. Love the Mavrik SZ, but when I think 3W bombs I think of this club. Been fun to have it back in . Absolute weapon off the tee.

So I hit these in the bay yesterday when I went to try the SIM UDI and after hitting it about 175 max (18* 2 iron) I grabbed the SIM Hybrid at 19* to see if the launch monitor was off. I hit that about 190 twice which is what I get from my own 19* hybrid. Next I grabbed the SIM MAx 5 wood and hit 2 rockets about 211 and 208 which is long for my 4 wood. For reference I then hit the SIM Max 3 wood and had a 222 and a 218. Those are both 15-20 yards longer than I hit my 4 wood. So now the 14th club debate has become a buy 2 new clubs to replace my 4 wood debate.

So I hit these in the bay yesterday when I went to try the SIM UDI and after hitting it about 175 max (18* 2 iron) I grabbed the SIM Hybrid at 19* to see if the launch monitor was off. I hit that about 190 twice which is what I get from my own 19* hybrid. Next I grabbed the SIM MAx 5 wood and hit 2 rockets about 211 and 208 which is long for my 4 wood. For reference I then hit the SIM Max 3 wood and had a 222 and a 218. Those are both 15-20 yards longer than I hit my 4 wood. So now the 14th club debate has become a buy 2 new clubs to replace my 4 wood debate.
The Sim fairways are criminally underrated around here, criminally. Did you hit the Ti versions at all?

The Sim fairways are criminally underrated around here, criminally. Did you hit the Ti versions at all?
No just the standard Max with the their version of the Ventus blue. I honestly felt like the feel with that shaft was fine for me. It had a nice stiff tip. Also some talking about it being too long would be afeature for me rather than a bug. I could use an 18* 5 wood because it is going 10-15 yards further than my 19* hybrid (set at 18.25*). The 3 wood shots I hit though were unbelievable. The only thing that matched that distance wise was the strong Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5* I tested last year. That was long when I caught it, but this was that long at 15* and the head seemed huge compare to that head. The Max 3 wood would have given me good gapping with the Max 5 wood. If the TI is any longer I am hitting it as far as a driver. I could use that for a 3 wood though I guess LOL!

I do have to agree that these are underrated. Haven't heard much, but it was one of the few times in life I hit something off the rack in a store and said "Oh my!"

Last edited:
No just the standard Max with the their version of the Ventus blue. I honestly felt like the feel with that shaft was fine for me. It had a nice stiff tip. Also some talking about it being too long would be afeature for me rather than a bug. I could use an 18* 5 wood because it is going 10-15 yards further than my 19* hybrid (set at 18.25*). The 3 wood shots I hit though were unbelievable. The only thing that matched that distance wise was the strong Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5* I tested last year. That was long when I caught it, but this was that long at 15* and the head seemed huge compare to that head. The Max 3 wood would have given me good gapping with the Max 5 wood. If the TI is any longer I am hitting it as far as a driver. I could use that for a 3 wood though I guess LOL!
The Ti are indeed longer, and IMO at the top of the heap of current fairways out there. The 5w is a cheater stick!

The Ti are indeed longer, and IMO at the top of the heap of current fairways out there. The 5w is a cheater stick!
Darn you @JmanI thought I was going to be able to do this for $500 or so, now it's going to be $700ish :ROFLMAO:

Back