TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Is the SIM Ti or SIM Max the deeper face option this year?

I've seen remarks going both ways.

Darn you @JmanI thought I was going to be able to do this for $500 or so, now it's going to be $700ish :ROFLMAO:
Just go hit them, trust me. I played the Max first but the Ti.....man....checks ALL the boxes. Ask @sposey013168 what I do with the 5w :ROFLMAO:

Is the SIM Ti or SIM Max the deeper face option this year?

I've seen remarks going both ways.
It’s about the same honestly, in the 3w, edge to the Max barely. In the 5w, they’re close, really close.

And the Ti feel/sound INFINITELY better.

It’s about the same honestly, in the 3w, edge to the Max barely. In the 5w, they’re close, really close.

And the Ti feel/sound INFINITELY better.
That's what I thought for the face depth.

May have to try and snag the 3 and 5 in the off season.

That's what I thought for the face depth.

May have to try and snag the 3 and 5 in the off season.
Good news is when Sim 2.0 or whatever the hell they call it drops, these will too, and I don’t believe they can improve on these.

Can't get these off my mind...

Loved my Sim Ti 5 wood, but picked up a TS2 for cheap and I'm hitting it that bit better and more consistently.

Selling my Sim Ti, but it isn't easy to do.

Somebody got a 5 wood today...

Somebody who also has a crazy cat...

20201007_202328.jpg

Did you get the stock shaft in the 5 wood?
Yes. Hit it last Saturday and really liked. Good weight and a stuff tip. I'm really excited to get it on the course

So now the question is to rocket or not to rocket...

Just took the 5 out for it's maiden voyage. Wanted to share this shot from 195 out off the deck with the hole about 15 feet above where I am standing in the fairway. This was the carry. It rolled off the back, but :oops:.

20201008_185346~2.jpg

Great shot!!!

Told you. ;)
I ordered a rocket 3. Should be in this week. I absolutely crushed the 5 from the deck twice today. High, long, and strait. The feel is adicting too. Kind of a hard thwack.

I ordered a rocket 3. Should be in this week. I absolutely crushed the 5 from the deck twice today. High, long, and strait. The feel is adicting too. Kind of a hard thwack.
Man. Imma be real, I think the Rocket would be TOO long for me. I considered it hard but inevitably just went 15.0 in the Ti, it’s just ridiculous. The EXS Pro’s were, I thought, the longest out there this year until I give these a run. Still funny to me at times I’m carrying two fairway woods! :ROFLMAO:

Man. Imma be real, I think the Rocket would be TOO long for me. I considered it hard but inevitably just went 15.0 in the Ti, it’s just ridiculous. The EXS Pro’s were, I thought, the longest out there this year until I give these a run. Still funny to me at times I’m carrying two fairway woods! :ROFLMAO:
There is no such thing as too long for me. I need length and then some as I am the shortest hitter among my friends that I compete with the most. Especially on par 5's if I have a club I can just eat yardage with once or twice a round that will suffice. I only have 13 clubs in the bag now so I am good to go to with a too long option in the bag LOL! I will have 4 clubs between Driver and 4 iron with decent gaps. I hit driver about 240 on a good pop and I hit 5 iron about 165 on a good pop.

Got the rocket in yesterday. Went out with it and 3 bucket balls from the garage and pounded them around the course (conveniently empty because of green sanding). This thing goes. I was a little worried about the 14* and launch off the deck, but no need to worry their. I dropped 3 balls into the 15th fairway and smoked all 3 long and high. I even ordered my 5th Seamus headcover (I know 5 headcovers, but I need the length).

Got the rocket in yesterday. Went out with it and 3 bucket balls from the garage and pounded them around the course (conveniently empty because of green sanding). This thing goes. I was a little worried about the 14* and launch off the deck, but no need to worry their. I dropped 3 balls into the 15th fairway and smoked all 3 long and high. I even ordered my 5th Seamus headcover (I know 5 headcovers, but I need the length).
They’re ludicrously fast, and launch so damn easy.

Back