TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

I played the M5 Ti over half of last season, and it blew the TL Ti away fwiw. I think the fairways are the part of this release I’m curious to hit more than any other, I’ve always gotten on well with TM fairways.

That’s me. I loved the M5 fwy. I cranked it down to 13.5 and it was really long, but still easy to hit off the deck. These new Sim fwys seem to be very well designed. I would like to give them a swing.

Paging @Molten... So just to clarify, is the Ventus shaft offered stock with these the real deal or a “made for?”

So just to clarify, is the Ventus shaft offered stock with these the real deal or a “made for?”

It is not the same as the aftermarket shaft

It is not the same as the aftermarket shaft

I figured not, because the price on the SIM Max would actually be a heckuva deal, given the upcharge most manufacturers are adding for the Ventus shaft, at least in drivers.

I the sim line I’ll say these are the one clubs I do really want to work with some. Mainly because I really get on with TM fairways.

except the M6 I caved in of course. :oops:

I the sim line I’ll say these are the one clubs I do really want to work with some. Mainly because I really get on with TM fairways.

except the M6 I caved in of course. :oops:

I ordered the SIM Max with Riptide 70. I agree, I have always loved TM fairways so figured I would give these a shot first and if they dont pan I can go MAVRIK.

I ordered the SIM Max with Riptide 70. I agree, I have always loved TM fairways so figured I would give these a shot first and if they dont pan I can go MAVRIK.
I’m eager to hear what you think of riptide. I honestly think you’ll love it.

The SIM 3 wood is apparently 180cc...yikes, pretty big.
The 5 wood is at 155cc, which seems like a nicer size range.
Wonder why taylormade decided to increase the size of the sim 3 wood so much, compared to the M5 version.

I also read an article about DJs move to the sim line and he plays his 3 wood at 42” long. 1.25” shorter than standard....interesting.

I also read an article about DJs move to the sim line and he plays his 3 wood at 42” long. 1.25” shorter than standard....interesting.
Gaping?

Could well be. I would have thought loft would be a better way to approach gaping...? Perhaps both.
I’m assuming it would be a combo of things given he’d want a certain distance at a certain launch, height, etc.

I hit the SIM TI 3w today and WOW oh WOW. This thing is fast. And easy to hit.

I was testing drivers and fairways, and took just five swings with SIM and SpeedZone 3w's for comparison in similar 15* lofts (14.5 Cobra?). Both were easy to hit and I connected well from the first swings. I was hitting 3w better than driver, so that made this fun. Even though I was wild as detailed in the dispersion below, I was hitting center well so got some good numbers on the good as well as the the big miss.

The SIM Ti is really easy for me to elevate and seems to be more of a lower spinning head. I found it to be quite fast and with lower spin was seeing 5-10 yards beyond what I'd normally expect out of 3w. I may not be sold on the crown shape and white theme just yet, but definitely a fun experiment.

IMG_5666.jpg

SIM.png

Last edited:
I can't say this enough.... go try the SIM Fairways! I hit the SIM MAX Rocket 3W in my fitting yesterday and it was a beast. It was so good I am drooling about getting one and a 5W to match. The 3W was straight, consistent, and LONG. From what the fitter was saying, everyone that has come in for a fitting since they landed has been fit in to that club. It is solid enough I almost want to leave the driver at home when I get one.

I figured the Ti would be good, because the Ti M5 is good. Went way under the radar here, mostly because of price.

What I'm hearing a lot is that the fairways will shine in this line, and the drivers are back to almost SLDR levels of spin. :oops:

I order the sim max today 15 degree stiff almost order the Sim ti and Mavrik but decided on the max hopefully will work out I usually go back to old faithful Adams 9032ti maybe this is the year I’ll found one I really like
[/QUOTE]

Another fine option for my upcoming fitting day. Looking forward to hitting these.

Well hello there.

IMG_0276.jpg

Reactions: KEV
IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0278.jpg

I can't say this enough.... go try the SIM Fairways! I hit the SIM MAX Rocket 3W in my fitting yesterday and it was a beast. It was so good I am drooling about getting one and a 5W to match. The 3W was straight, consistent, and LONG. From what the fitter was saying, everyone that has come in for a fitting since they landed has been fit in to that club. It is solid enough I almost want to leave the driver at home when I get one.

I have the M6 Rocket 3W and love it. I will bummed if something is that much better. I am looking for a 5w though.

I have the M6 Rocket 3W and love it. I will bummed if something is that much better. I am looking for a 5w though.
The fitter basically said if you remember when the original RBZ came out how much ahead they were to everything else at the time that is what the SIM Max reminds him of. That was his opinion anyway and the RBZ was before my golf days so I am not sure if that is really accurate or not.

Nice looking clubs @fupresti

Watching the tournament yesterday It seemed like a lot of Taylormade staffers are switching to these woods all ready.

I figured the Ti would be good, because the Ti M5 is good. Went way under the radar here, mostly because of price.

What I'm hearing a lot is that the fairways will shine in this line, and the drivers are back to almost SLDR levels of spin. :oops:

The SIM in my opinion is a vast improvement over the M5. There was something strange about the M5 in my experience. I can't put my finger on with it was but it was just strange. The M6 was far more playable.

Back