TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Bridgestone Golf

Lions81

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GAM 6.8
Im likely to be the one to have to push since there’s just a couple of us in here haha

I say go with your gut. I don’t think you can go wrong.
You already convinced me. Mine is on the way in a few days and I’ll join in the fun. TM fairways have always been the best for me, excited to give this one a go.

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You already convinced me. Mine is on the way in a few days and I’ll join in the fun. TM fairways have always been the best for me, excited to give this one a go.
It’s something that I’m working on just accepting. I’ve had more success with TM fairways than any other, with Tour Edge being the next closest.

MH

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Im likely to be the one to have to push since there’s just a couple of us in here haha

I say go with your gut. I don’t think you can go wrong.
Haha, my gut is so conflicted. I like the idea of being able to swap shafts if I want but also really like the sim max feel and sound. I usually don’t play around with the lofts on fairway woods so don’t think I need the adjustability. What does UST recommend for tipping their shafts in 3 woods? I think most are 1/2” but I know Accra recommends 1” on 3 woods and 2” for 5 woods

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha, my gut is so conflicted. I like the idea of being able to swap shafts if I want but also really like the sim max feel and sound. I usually don’t play around with the lofts on fairway woods so don’t think I need the adjustability. What does UST recommend for tipping their shafts in 3 woods? I think most are 1/2” but I know Accra recommends 1” on 3 woods and 2” for 5 woods
UST is 1” like ACCRA

Reactions: MH

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
As I've been hitting my old M2 Tour 3HL I just wish Taylormade hadn't gotten rid of those SKUs. The SIM Ti in a 3HL configuration could of been a bomber.

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As I've been hitting my old M2 Tour 3HL I just wish Taylormade hadn't gotten rid of those SKUs. The SIM Ti in a 3HL configuration could of been a bomber.
With the way the last two iterations (M5/SIM Ti) Have launched the ball I’m betting they realize they don’t really need that HL offering anymore.

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
With the way the last two iterations (M5/SIM Ti) Have launched the ball I’m betting they realize they don’t really need that HL offering anymore.
I could see that thought, especially with the introduction of the retail rocket 3. I really feel like they bounce between offering the T3/Rocket 3 and a 3HL.

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I could see that thought, especially with the introduction of the retail rocket 3. I really feel like they bounce between offering the T3/Rocket 3 and a 3HL.
Next year will be the tie breaker haha

M1/M2/M3/M4 went HL while the M5/M6/SIM-ti/SIM-max went rocket.

Honestly though, I think we are just in a phase where the HL isn’t as popular as it was, but we both know it’ll come back around. Always does!

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
HL has the lead with 2 years of M1/M2. But that's only for carbon construction years. But I think we continue down the rocket 3 for another year.

If we go back to Aeroburner/SLDR/RBZ we get a mixture of tour spoons and Highlaunch. I'm trying to remember that last model they labeled as a 4 wood (I'm sure there is something more recent than the v-steel).

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
HL has the lead with 2 years of M1/M2. But that's only for carbon construction years. But I think we continue down the rocket 3 for another year.

If we go back to Aeroburner/SLDR/RBZ we get a mixture of tour spoons and Highlaunch. I'm trying to remember that last model they labeled as a 4 wood (I'm sure there is something more recent than the v-steel).
Tour Spoon FTMFW.

6ixOhFore

Husky
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I tried this one out last night at work. From the view from the top the carbon fibre looks amazing. Turn the club over and it’s a different story that thing is the middle is too much of an eyesore for me. But the results were decent nothing too special around the same distance as my M1 and M3

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
155, 156, 154, 156 for me in four sequential REALLY good swings. 🔥

OldandStiff

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Stock shaft was 41.75 without the grip. That played 43.25 installed with the grip.
What was the number I said again?

I love when I'm right even when I'm wrong. Haha

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

MH

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hmm....the linq shafts are priced fairly decent from Taylormade which makes a custom order a tempting option. I was thinking I would get a head only and look for a shaft to put into either. Leaning gunmetal 7s but need to read some more on the purple

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
The ball just jumps off the face of this club. Not sure how else to put it. If you throw a good strike on it, youre going to like the results of the sound and the feel.

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10

Jman

THP Staff Writer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Max 3w and LINQ setup continues to be just lethal from tee and deck for me. I’m downright giddy about it. It’s a little firm feeling on misses, but otherwise the sound and feel is as addicting as the flight and distance for me

OldandStiff

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
It’s a little firm feeling on misses
I would say that's an understatement, but it's easy to get over when you true some, and it's pretty consistent with their past offerings. I haven't thought any of them were very forgiving in terms of feel compared to some others.

Last edited:

MH

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently trying to decide between either the max or regular sim. I went at noon and looked at them again, didnt have time to hit either unfortunetly. When setting them down side by side the regular sim looked more closed than the max on the 2 I had in hand. Is that normal? I did look at the sim was set to standard and both were 15* heads

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently trying to decide between either the max or regular sim. I went at noon and looked at them again, didnt have time to hit either unfortunetly. When setting them down side by side the regular sim looked more closed than the max on the 2 I had in hand. Is that normal? I did look at the sim was set to standard and both were 15* heads
As a quick and dirty idea - the Sim is quite low spin. The max does launch higher and spin a bit more. So if spin is your complete nemesis and you have speed, the std Sim.....if forgiveness is key....Max.

Because of my strange shallow and very positive attack, I fight for spin.....so it would be the Max all day long for me.

Reactions: MH

MH

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As a quick and dirty idea - the Sim is quite low spin. The max does launch higher and spin a bit more. So if spin is your complete nemesis and you have speed, the std Sim.....if forgiveness is key....Max.

Because of my strange shallow and very positive attack, I fight for spin.....so it would be the Max all day long for me.
I have it nailed down to the max head, now the battle is which shaft? The Lin-q purple or gun metal? Thinking the purple might be the better shaft for a fairway

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have it nailed down to the max head, now the battle is which shaft? The Lin-q purple or gun metal? Thinking the purple might be the better shaft for a fairway
Nice! I can’t help on those shafts, as I know very little about them. Sounds like they Re really nice though.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in