TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a very intriguing design with the technology and v-sole! Not a huge TM fan, but I would like to try one out.

These look absolutely fantastic! Can’t wait to see how they sound and get some numbers! What is SIM though?

• Admin
These look absolutely fantastic! Can’t wait to see how they sound and get some numbers! What is SIM though?

Shape in Motion.
Some good details on the tech in the link in the first post.

Shape in Motion.
Some good details on the tech in the link in the first post.
Thanks! I’ve been wondering that since we saw the first photos! It’s basically about the aerodynamics... I like the name much more now.

Good write up @Molten

I have always liked the look of TaylorMade fairway woods. The SIM with that weight right behind the face would be a little much though. I find low spin is not a good trait for fairway woods, it kind of takes away their main benefit as providing trustworthy accuracy. I am really interested in hearing about turf interaction with these. That sole looks like it's made for a ball on a tee IMO.

I am really interested in hearing about turf interaction with these. That sole looks like it's made for a ball on a tee IMO.

I agree - I’ve been using the Cobra fairways and their turf interaction is fantastic, in my opinion anyway.

I agree - I’ve been using the Cobra fairways and their turf interaction is fantastic, in my opinion anyway.
Interesting. That's good to hear. It's funny you can almost do an insert previous Cobra review into the TaylorMade lineup review this year. I'm sure not what TM was hoping for ?

Good write up @Molten

I have always liked the look of TaylorMade fairway woods. The SIM with that weight right behind the face would be a little much though. I find low spin is not a good trait for fairway woods, it kind of takes away their main benefit as providing trustworthy accuracy. I am really interested in hearing about turf interaction with these. That sole looks like it's made for a ball on a tee IMO.
The Vsole decision might end up the thing they got the most correct with this release. There’s a reason the Vsteel fairways are still cult classics, that sole is versatile.

Love the look of the TB from the top. Just not in the market since I just got a new driver.

The Vsole decision might end up the thing they got the most correct with this release. There’s a reason the Vsteel fairways are still cult classics, that sole is versatile.

It reminds me of that Callaway Warbird "bring back" they did a few years back.

It reminds me of that Callaway Warbird "bring back" they did a few years back.
I had that typed in my reply and took it out haha.

What’s old is new again, and sometimes, that’s not a bad thing. As long as it’s your companies old. ;)

One thing will be certain, the Ti will be a monster. The M5 version stuck in my bag a long while because of that fact.

I had that typed in my reply and took it out haha.

What’s old is new again, and sometimes, that’s not a bad thing. As long as it’s your companies old. ;)

It really is similar, but in reality, like you, I think that is a good thing. Yes I would prefer the top of tech company from a decade ago, but think about that team.
Toulon running Industrial Design
TO heading up R&D
Jose doing products
And the list is longer.

With that said, a lot has changed there and they have some super capable people that I really like including Baz. Like you though, the last 5-6 releases have been very reactionary vs "holy **** that is cool as hell".

It really is similar, but in reality, like you, I think that is a good thing. Yes I would prefer the top of tech company from a decade ago, but think about that team.
Toulon running Industrial Design
TO heading up R&D
Jose doing products
And the list is longer.

With that said, a lot has changed there and they have some super capable people that I really like including Baz. Like you though, the last 5-6 releases have been very reactionary vs "holy **** that is cool as hell".
Yup, the guys on the Dev side are genuinely food guys with a ton of knowledge. Which makes me wonder if there’s something or someone else constantly going we need to react to this trend or that trend.

Ive no doubt the entire SIM line will be dead solid, but with some of the things going on in R&D now, for how much longer is that enough?

Yup, the guys on the Dev side are genuinely food guys with a ton of knowledge. Which makes me wonder if there’s something or someone else constantly going we need to react to this trend or that trend.

Ive no doubt the entire SIM line will be dead solid, but with some of the things going on in R&D now, for how much longer is that enough?
Although I’m sure it isn’t plan A, reactionary can work when you take what works and as it to other things that work. I’m intrigued by the SIM line and am sure it will do well

I like the look and reference to V Steel! Such a TM classic.
The iconic V Steel™ design has been reinvented. Advanced shaping combines with V Steel™ to cut through the turf at impact and give you the confidence to attack any lie. Three fairway models – SIM, SIM Max and SIM Max•D – offer distinct performance qualities.​

My first 3 wood was a V-Steel, so seeing a bit of a reference to that makes this more an interesting option. Good release from TM imo

After getting some time with the M6, I'm sure the SIM MAX will be solid. The look at address, at least from photos, looks to be really good.

I freaking LOVED my vsteel 5w. still have it actually, though I've not put it in the bag in quite some time.

That Ti model would be fun to try.

I was ready to list my m5 3 wood but after seeing pics of the sim & m5 side x side I honestly think I will stick with the m5. I like the smaller foot print of the m5 but that could change when I see them in hand. The only thing I don’t like about the m5 is how much grass & dirt get stuck around the weight which at the end of the day is very minor. I do need to find a good fairway shaft for it though so if anyone has any input that would b greatly appreciated

not many fairway woods get me interested, but this one does...

titanium face construction, 80g steel soleplate, forgiving sole design, speed slot, hosel adjustability - sounds like a bigger badder version of my Adams Tight Lies Ti

not many fairway woods get me interested, but this one does...

titanium face construction, 80g steel soleplate, forgiving sole design, speed slot, hosel adjustability - sounds like a bigger badder version of my Adams Tight Lies Ti
I played the M5 Ti over half of last season, and it blew the TL Ti away fwiw. I think the fairways are the part of this release I’m curious to hit more than any other, I’ve always gotten on well with TM fairways.

I played the M5 Ti over half of last season, and it blew the TL Ti away fwiw. I think the fairways are the part of this release I’m curious to hit more than any other, I’ve always gotten on well with TM fairways.
I know you've said in the past that the TL Ti wasn't for you, but for me it's still the longest out there, even the EX10 Beta couldn't fully dethrone it

but man they're really sticking to that $399

Back