TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

I have to admit, I think the steel shaft trend on some social accts in fairways and even drivers now is pretty dumb. There’s a reason we moved on from that.

I’m shocked the faux Ventus didn’t work for you. Lol

The steel bit would just be a silly experiment. Given I cant build clubs and I’m more than throlled with my setup, it wont be happening.

It wasn’t the Ventus. The stock shaft is the Mitsubishi diamana for the Sim Ti. I should have custom ordered the heavier option, but I was lazy and impatient and grabbed a stiff off the rack.

The steel bit would just be a silly experiment. Given I cant build clubs and I’m more than throlled with my setup, it wont be happening.

It wasn’t the Ventus. The stock shaft is the Mitsubishi diamana for the Sim Ti. I should have custom ordered the heavier option, but I was lazy and impatient and grabbed a stiff off the rack.
I was making a funny.

Lastly, I want to point out that the shaft is soooo key for me. With the stock shaft, i could not hit the club consistently. Luckily (and why I bought the club) I had two great shafts to test in it. I settled on the 80g. I would implore guys to consider or demo heavier fw shafts if you can. The extra weight has been sort of a revelation for me. Tbh, I’d love to try a steel shaft for fun.

I get all the advantages of going lighter weight but the fact that even 70g shafts are phasing out of standard stock options is kinda mind blowing. Most OEMs aren't carrying 80g shafts at all. I get that heavy graphite is not super popular, but at least having a shaft at the heavier weight would be useful for the fitting cart to avoid going with a stupid stiff but lighter option. Hzrdus green 70g 6.5 probably wasn't designed in mind of being put into a fairway but the smoke 80g probably had that thought.

Steel would kinda seem a bit hipster but if it sounds like fun do it. I think true temper still makes the DG wood shaft.

I get all the advantages of going lighter weight but the fact that even 70g shafts are phasing out of standard stock options is kinda mind blowing. Most OEMs aren't carrying 80g shafts at all. I get that heavy graphite is not super popular, but at least having a shaft at the heavier weight would be useful for the fitting cart to avoid going with a stupid stiff but lighter option. Hzrdus green 70g 6.5 probably wasn't designed in mind of being put into a fairway but the smoke 80g probably had that thought.

Steel would kinda seem a bit hipster but if it sounds like fun do it. I think true temper still makes the DG wood shaft.

Yeah, i cant comprehend playing a 60g shaft in a fw, but that is why we have options!

Yeah, i cant comprehend playing a 60g shaft in a fw, but that is why we have options!
Gotta remember, we are the vast minority there. For most golfers, lighter is better.

Got everything trimmed and cleaned up tonight. Need to do the epoxy tomorrow, then slap on a Tour Velvet cord.

SIM Max 15.0 with LINQ Blue 7F5 built and curing. With GP Tour Velvet Cord it hit D4 on my dry build. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

4DE85BB6-44BB-4E85-82F5-F51F0A61F7C8.jpegDBB03EC4-FFC9-4262-94FD-61B90D27A13D.jpegEEA2328B-E377-40D1-AE15-3F25AF28C685.jpegAF23B338-913A-4F22-BEE9-A408E389772F.jpeg728A5F27-ADCB-413F-84DC-BFC17CC97AB8.jpeg

I may hit nothing but this off the tee tomorrow. So effing mean looking.

I may hit nothing but this off the tee tomorrow. So effing mean looking.

That looks sick. Be interested to hear how it launches off the deck. I’m sure it will be a beast off the tee.

That looks sick. Be interested to hear how it launches off the deck. I’m sure it will be a beast off the tee.
At 15 I shouldn’t have any issues. Been playing a 13.5 off the deck really well.

I regret selling my m5 as the Cobra big tour 3 wood just isn’t working for me. I’m going to try a shaft change and if that doesn’t work I’m going to give one of these.

At 15 I shouldn’t have any issues. Been playing a 13.5 off the deck really well.
We're you using a mav 3+? I can't remember.

Edit: nevermind. Spotted it in your sig. I was going to say that it's going to launch HIGH in comparison, but I've never actually hit the max 3+.

We're you using a mav 3+? I can't remember.

Edit: nevermind. Spotted it in your sig. I was going to say that it's going to launch HIGH in comparison, but I've never actually hit the max 3+.
I’ll be alright, played the 13.5 OG One last season all year and hit it well off the deck too. Im not worried. Should be a ton of fun.

I’ll be alright, played the 13.5 OG One last season all year and hit it well off the deck too. Im not worried. Should be a ton of fun.
Yeah, I wasn't worried about you getting it off the ground. Quite the opposite. I had hit the sim, and thought I remembered the flight well, but that thing gets up in a hurry for that static loft. Small difference compared to the mav, but noticeable.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about you getting it off the ground. Quite the opposite. I had hit the sim, and thought I remembered the flight well, but that thing gets up in a hurry for that static loft. Small difference compared to the mav, but noticeable.
I’m pumped. Love love love the sound and feel of TM fairways, but I know there are plenty out there who don’t haha

Hoping for 18-36 today and the chance to hit this beast more than just a handful of times. Will be back to talk to myself later :p;)

Hoping for 18-36 today and the chance to hit this beast more than just a handful of times. Will be back to talk to myself later :p;)

Hey, you probably won't talk to a nicer guy....

D3FD08A7-C049-4FB3-A590-4420B29A094E.jpeg

Too low spin for me? LIN-Q blue too much?

Hell no. :p

Murder ball off the deck and ALL ROUND LONG. Straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Looks like you found the screws on that strike.
Instant gamer. Sometimes you take a build out and you just KNOW. This is one of those times.

Instant gamer. Sometimes you take a build out and you just KNOW. This is one of those times.

Some times you know before you even swing. It just that Excalibur AWWWW moment.

Some times you know before you even swing. It just that Excalibur AWWWW moment.

Definitely bested my Mav Max and EXS 220 today. TMaG fairways and I just work well together, always have.

View attachment 8943936

Too low spin for me? LIN-Q blue too much?

Hell no. :p

Murder ball off the deck and ALL ROUND LONG. Straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I'm not sure why you don't try out the rest of the face, you know really get your money's worth.

Reasons for going with the SIM Max over the SIM?

They both look like outstanding drivers.

Back