TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Reasons for going with the SIM Max over the SIM?

They both look like outstanding drivers.

Fairways. ;)

Chandler Carr (R&D with TM and has been at a THP event) recommended I go this way, having played a round with him, I trust him.

I'm not sure why you don't try out the rest of the face, you know really get your money's worth.
Haha, oh, I did later. Twist face actually is a good thing for me on fairways, driver it’s meh.

I am thinking of a SIM 5 wood. But I want it to play more like a 7 wood..

I just need to do it.

I had a hit with the Sim titanium 3 wood on Friday. Was comparing it against my Ping G400 LST DRIVER numbers.

The 3 wood had higher ball speed, bit more spin, and roughly same carry. But at $698 AUD, I can't justify purchasing that. But holy smokes. It is a BEAST of a club!!! Looks and feels amazing.

Their driver however, not a fan at all. Felt like I was hitting rocks off the face. Did not like it at all.

This club is ******* amazing. Highlight of my day again, from tee and deck.

GAMER.🔥

how long would a shaft have to be to have this play standard length if I picked up a head only sim max?

how long would a shaft have to be to have this play standard length if I picked up a head only sim max?
Oh man. Let me measure the shaft pull this evening when I get home! (y)

What's the depth on a TN adapter before the ferrule 1 5/16"? I think it is, or close. That would make it, without grip, what, 41 3/4"? 41 7/8". Somewhere right in there I think.

What's the depth on a TN adapter before the ferrule 1 5/16"? I think it is, or close. That would make it, without grip, what, 41 3/4"? 41 7/8". Somewhere right in there I think.
There’s no adapter on the Max.

156 ball speed. :oops:

Jesus, isn’t the TI 3 supposed to be even longer?
Im not going to dare to find out. Hahaha

Leaving this beast as is and where is, LINQ blue and all! :oops:🔥

If my tz6 m4 75 shaft is long enough I’m going to look for either a max or ti head only

Last edited:
Stock shaft was 41.75 without the grip. That played 43.25 installed with the grip.

Reactions: MH
So. This Max fairway.

It’s definitely more firm than the M6 was, I’ve noticed that right off, but when really through a ball it’s the most addicting thing ever.

I hit it further than my Mav Max 13.5 consistently, and more than that at 15 it’s a joy off the deck. Paired with the LINQ Blue it’s just a killer setup, and it’s got me back to playing local courses like I did last year with my OG One in the bag, can hit it off of a lot of intermediate par 4’s.

Had a second shot on a par 5 yesterday, 251 to the pin, deep greenside bunker carry was 237, carried it on and ended up pin high. 🔥

I hit a beauty at league the other night with my SIM Max. Had about 260 out and landed the green. Not often I do that. I'm thinking some shaft changes are in order. LINQ sounds like a possibility. It's crazy fun to hit when you hit it well.

What profile is the LINQ blue most similar too? The gun metal or purple?

I did go and hit both the max and sim ti yesterday on my way home from work. a different shafts in each and the stock shaft in the max was very light and a bit soft but the head felt and sounded really good. I also really the the sound and feel of the TI, a bit more audible but solid. The stock diamana shaft was ok as well. I just cant decide which one to go with, I would order the max with a heavier shaft if I go that route. someone push me one way or the other!

What profile is the LINQ blue most similar too? The gun metal or purple?
Closer to gunmetal from what I understand. It’s a beast.

I hit it so well it’s silly. Had two shots into par 5’s I’ve been laying up on this year that I instead took lashes at yesterday and it was amazing.

I’m pretty ecstatic about this setup.

Reactions: MH
I did go and hit both the max and sim ti yesterday on my way home from work. a different shafts in each and the stock shaft in the max was very light and a bit soft but the head felt and sounded really good. I also really the the sound and feel of the TI, a bit more audible but solid. The stock diamana shaft was ok as well. I just cant decide which one to go with, I would order the max with a heavier shaft if I go that route. someone push me one way or the other!

Im likely to be the one to have to push since there’s just a couple of us in here haha

I say go with your gut. I don’t think you can go wrong.

Im likely to be the one to have to push since there’s just a couple of us in here haha

You already convinced me. Mine is on the way in a few days and I’ll join in the fun. TM fairways have always been the best for me, excited to give this one a go.

You already convinced me. Mine is on the way in a few days and I’ll join in the fun. TM fairways have always been the best for me, excited to give this one a go.
It’s something that I’m working on just accepting. I’ve had more success with TM fairways than any other, with Tour Edge being the next closest.

Haha, my gut is so conflicted. I like the idea of being able to swap shafts if I want but also really like the sim max feel and sound. I usually don’t play around with the lofts on fairway woods so don’t think I need the adjustability. What does UST recommend for tipping their shafts in 3 woods? I think most are 1/2” but I know Accra recommends 1” on 3 woods and 2” for 5 woods

Back