TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

The 5w turned to 17 is a hoot.
I think that is going to be my plan for next season. Hopefully I can find a decent price on one over the winter.

These things are starting to be in top of mind. I am still gaming the VSeries Heavenwood simply due to how easy it is to elevate. I haven’t even put many thoughts into fairways simply cause the Heavenwood has been so good.

However, I am starting to find myself in some situations where I want a little more distance for off the tee and a few times in fairways that I’d rather have a short pitch rather than wedge into the green.

All I’m hearing and seeing... SIM is easy to elevate and is a rocket launcher!
You would like this transition since the V-Steel sole has a very similar profile to the Callaway Warbird sole.

The SIM Titianium Rocket is an absolute monster, now that I got a shaft in it that works for my swing. These kinds of distances are ridiculous for me with a 3 wood, absent being wind aided.

23E248CA-20BC-4EAD-B53E-B8D7A75CCA99.jpeg

The SIM Titianium Rocket is an absolute monster, now that I got a shaft in it that works for my swing. These kinds of distances are ridiculous for me with a 3 wood, absent being wind aided.

View attachment 8972204
They are scary long!!! and so fun to hit... I thought the m5/m6 were great fairways and up until this year the best ive ever used. But the SIM is an absolute monster

View attachment 8972204

How does that club launch? I have the M6 Rocket which has been a good club for me. I have the Sim Max 5 wood and I love the club. I really like my M6 but the Sim Max has been so good for me it has me thinking about a new 3 wood.

How does that club launch? I have the M6 Rocket which has been a good club for me. I have the Sim Max 5 wood and I love the club. I really like my M6 but the Sim Max has been so good for me it has me thinking about a new 3 wood.
I would call it mid- launch, relative to other 3 woods. It is not hard to hit off the deck at all, which surprised me a bit, because the footprint of the club seems a bit larger than other lower lofted 3 woods.

TenPutt...how far do you hit your driver?

Wow, nice. 275 with the Sim 3 looks like perfect gaping for you. Must be nice. :)

Yup, they’re silly fast.

So so so so so so good.

Oh (whistling), I ordered the 3 wd.

Don't know if I'm excited but I am intrigued. Hopefully will get excited when I hit this 3 wood off the turf. I have about 3 weeks to speed up.

With my lackaspeed, Ventus Red 5 to check it out - stiff butt, softer tip. I haven't played a 15 deg in years, but the 16.5 TEE is getting up in the air well and this SIM launches higher than other 3 wd from all accounts. I've been working on the top end of my bag - this should do it for fwys.

Next thing I know you guys will be telling me to get the 5 wd. Gheez, let me hit this one first.

Last edited:
Oh (whistling), I ordered the 3 wd.

Don't know if I'm excited but I am intrigued. Hopefully will get excited when I hit this 3 wood off the turf. I have about 3 weeks to speed up.

With my lackaspeed, Ventus Red 5 to check it out - stiff butt, softer tip. I haven't played a 15 deg in years, but the 16.5 TEE is getting up in the air well and this SIM launches higher than other 3 wd from all accounts. I've been working on the top end of my bag - this should do it for fwys.

Next thing I know you guys will be telling me to get the 5 wd. Gheez, let me hit this one first.
3w is fantastic.

5w is a cheater stick and should be outlawed ;)

3w is fantastic.

5w is a cheater stick and should be outlawed ;)

If this works and I am tempted with 5 wood, my sons will be very happy ... I am building their bags from what I don't bag.

I know the Ventus Red doesn't have the Unicorn Velo and will probably be replaced but thought I'd give it a shot. I am less demanding on a shaft with my lackaspeed - it may still get a GD AD F in it.

Last edited:
So the sim rocket 3 turned to upright +1 tick to higher was a rocket launcher. This might be my new 3 wood.

I love this spot in my bag more than I have ever loved this spot in my bag. Pull one of these out and fire one downrange. These things are fantastic fairway woods.

@Jman

You did your job too well as to your review. The SIM Ti 3 wd in R-H is so popular it sold out at TM. No custom orders, whatever is on the shelf is all retailers have. My seller had one left in stock with the wrong shaft. Since I'm changing the shaft, I told him to send it.

I don't know the initial supply but know the face material is expensive and my guess is that its popularity and with equipment sales taking off, the sales surprised them.

Last edited:
While working on my swing, I've taken out a few clubs other than irons and wedges - the SIM Ti 3 wd played with me today for a few swings.

I kept it at 15 degrees paired with the GD SD F 55 Fairway Shaft (low kick). Mind you that I have not hit a 3 wood in over a decade. Lack of carry.

Carry is not a problem with this setup. Busted a few and did not want to press my luck - still working on my swing. Ball started mid and then burst up higher as it traveled. I was shocked.

Golf town has RH available online at 26% off as the daily deal for leaderboard members

Officially the best fairways that I hit in 2020. As the year closes, I’m taking in my year of golf and thinking about equipment decisions, these two, 3w and 5w, were and are THE best decisions I made.

Perfect size profile for me.

Addicting sound, but that composite sound isn’t for everyone. For me it’s sheer power.

FILTHY long.

Crazy consistent.

Fastest ball speeds of any fairways I’ve ever hit, EVER.

I have no doubt in my mind the SIM 2.0 cannot improve on these in any meaningful way other than aesthetics.

Officially the best fairways that I hit in 2020. As the year closes, I’m taking in my year of golf and thinking about equipment decisions, these two, 3w and 5w, were and are THE best decisions I made.

Perfect size profile for me.

Addicting sound, but that composite sound isn’t for everyone. For me it’s sheer power.

FILTHY long.

Crazy consistent.

Fastest ball speeds of any fairways I’ve ever hit, EVER.

I have no doubt in my mind the SIM 2.0 cannot improve on these in any meaningful way other than aesthetics.
Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen such crazy ballspeed numbers out of a 3 wood before.

No idea how they will improve on it. I think the larger headsize helped with the consistent ballspeed across the face

Ended up selling my Sim TI 5 wood.
It was a cannon off the tee, but just not what I was looking for off the deck.

While working on my swing, I've taken out a few clubs other than irons and wedges - the SIM Ti 3 wd played with me today for a few swings.

I kept it at 15 degrees paired with the GD SD F 55 Fairway Shaft (low kick). Mind you that I have not hit a 3 wood in over a decade. Lack of carry.

Carry is not a problem with this setup. Busted a few and did not want to press my luck - still working on my swing. Ball started mid and then burst up higher as it traveled. I was shocked.
Carry is not a problem with these FW's at all. Anyone talking about not carrying a FW at all should try these IMO. I had carried 1 FW for 2 years strait. With these I have a 3 and a 5 and I am contemplating a 7.

Carry is not a problem with these FW's at all. Anyone talking about not carrying a FW at all should try these IMO. I had carried 1 FW for 2 years strait. With these I have a 3 and a 5 and I am contemplating a 7.

Shaft is key for me with any fwy whether it is Callaway, TEE or TM. TM ran out of RH Sim Ti 3 and 5 woods for custom or other than stock shafts - I purchased mine from an online retailer, their last one, with the Diamana 75 Stiff. It's still a virgin. I installed the GD AD F 55, which I also use with the TEE EXS 220. It's a good fwy shaft for me at the moment with the low kick until I learn to take a small divot with a fwy.

This club gives a piercing, urgent ball flight at 15 - whether mid or high mid.

Last edited:
Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen such crazy ballspeed numbers out of a 3 wood before.

No idea how they will improve on it. I think the larger headsize helped with the consistent ballspeed across the face
I agree. What’s most killer to me with the 5w is the tee lethality combined with the fact I can hit it into greens and literally stop it within 2-3 feet.

I agree. What’s most killer to me with the 5w is the tee lethality combined with the fact I can hit it into greens and literally stop it within 2-3 feet.
My home course has bent grass greens. The 3 or 4 that I have landed on the green with this 5 wood have stopped quick and left a gnarly divot LOL!

3 wood is one of my favorite clubs in the bag, the other being my putter. My all time favorite was the Xhot. Now play the G400. Both are good off the deck. How will Sim Ti compare off the deck?

Back