TaylorMade SIM Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Technology packed and offerings up to 31* is awesome! I have come to learn I like a hybrid with a smaller footprint and I'm guessing these are on the larger side. Would love to see one in person to find out.

Rescue with TwistFace! And what a range of lofts... I’ll look to see how they’re adjustable for draw/fade bias.

It’s funny this ones getting no love, when the rescues may have been the best clubs of the last release.

It is a solid looking hybrid! I really like the smaller profile!

Those loft options for the hybrid should suit a lot of people just fine

I had a lesson over the weekend at Golftec and they had these clubs available to demo. Great looking clubs. I tried the 4H and 3FW for a few minutes while practicing. Both had a really good feel to them and were easy to hit. I was impressed and will be looking at swapping out a few clubs for some of these.

I'm sure these will be monsters. I've gotta along pretty well with TM hybrids in the past, I need to get these a try.

Appears both Rory and DJ could have one in the bag to start the year. Wonder how many internet golfers will still say they can't find a hybrid that doesn't go left.

Appears both Rory and DJ could have one in the bag to start the year. Wonder how many internet golfers will still say they can't find a hybrid that doesn't go left.

They will blame upright lie angles and the fact that tour pros aren't playing retail heads.

They will blame upright lie angles and the fact that tour pros aren't playing retail heads.

Need that Tour only head and 80X shaft.

In all seriousness though, it's pretty cool to see those guys at least entertain the idea of playing them.

Impressed by the amount of loft offerings here...

I haven't ever played a TM Hybrid, will definitely give these a go if I see them locally.

Soooooo I bought a SIM rescue on a whim. Itssssss reallllllllly long

2432, that’s really really low spin. Like, yikes, low.
Yeah, but it’s a 3 hybrid and I only use it as a “try to get there in two” or tee club. The ball speed is nuts compared to my last hybrid.

Yeah, but it’s a 3 hybrid and I only use it as a “try to get there in two” or tee club. The ball speed is nuts compared to my last hybrid.
It’s long and that’s a lot of speed, but man if it does get there, nothing other than landing it short to release on is going to keep it there. It’s one of the lowest spinning hybo numbers I’ve seen, and I’ve seen a lot with my damn low spin numbers :p

This is the SIM club that intrigued me of the entire line though, and their marketing story about Chandler taking a chance and making them up for their tour pros from retail heads is fun, if they continue to be used.

It’s long and that’s a lot of speed, but man if it does get there, nothing other than landing it short to release on is going to keep it there. It’s one of the lowest spinning hybo numbers I’ve seen, and I’ve seen a lot with my damn low spin numbers :p

This is the SIM club that intrigued me of the entire line though, and their marketing story about Chandler taking a chance and making them up for their tour pros from retail heads is fun, if they continue to be used.
Thankfully my home course doesn’t have hard greens but it may not make the cut when I travel to other courses. Great point. But it’s fun to hit.

Thankfully my home course doesn’t have hard greens but it may not make the cut when I travel to other courses. Great point. But it’s fun to hit.
Fun is always a win.

That spin is just, wow, that’s low low low

Any idea of what peak height you are getting Gary?

Although it is low(er) spin. I have not found it too low. It still launches the ball well into the air. I was getting 7 iron’ish peak height but lots of distance.

Rory has one in the bad at the beginning of each week, but it has yet to actually make it out on the course.
The top it looks good. I like out it frames up the ball. Here are top down photos of it and the mavrik pro for comparison.

For those concerned about an upright lie. According to TM it can be bent.

D25142F4-FE77-4004-BA42-B1FFA5298CA8.jpeg88D88489-6D46-43BA-A857-AE17C0869CA8.jpeg

Soooooo I bought a SIM rescue on a whim. Itssssss reallllllllly long

Nice purchase! What shaft did you get, Gary?

Last edited:
Back