TaylorMade SIM Hybrids

Cheater stick.

Best hybrid I’ve ever hit, I’m confident in that, it’s surpassed the G410 and OG Apex which I held in insanely high regard, and that is well documented on THP.

It’s anti left, it’s easy to elevate, and the thing is just workable distance. I now see why this one got the hype it did this season, because it’s effing fantastic.

Can you play it low if needed? I'm looking for a 19 degree online right now.

Can you play it low if needed? I'm looking for a 19 degree online right now.
I’ve got the 22 so that’s not really on the agenda with this one for me and why it’s in the bag. That said, I can sting it when I need to, but they’re low spin launchers, so it holds the wind well for me.

Late to the party but great write-up Gary

Have not seen a Max Rescue in the wild, however based on keeping the speed and adding forgiving tech to the fairway models sounds fantastic definitely curious about them as i’m always looking to tweak the top of my bag.

Do you still have them in your setup?

The new SIM UDI 3i has been stellar off the fairway. I really do like hitting a 4i over a hybrid but all the buzz around this has me contemplating checking out that SIM Max in a 4H
I daydream a lot about the UDI vs this.

71896C1D-8AC9-4220-8582-C4AAF69760C8.jpeg

:love:

Any updates on this?

yup. Still have both. But currently the Hybrid is in the bag as opposed to the UDI. I noticed they both have thier strengths. The UDI is a fantastic club as a “rescue” club on par 5’s when I miss the fairway and in rough...I know I’m not getting to the green in 2 but the UDI has been one of the best clubs I have ever had in that it gets me down the FW and out of trouble better than anything I’ve tried. Ironically, the hybrid isn’t great for me in that spot. The hybrid on the other hand I’ve been better off the tee and in the FW. I think it’s the extra mass and forgiveness that it just excels for me in that spot. It’s a tough call. But right now the hybo is winning as it’s longer than the UDI and I’m seeing a bit more forgiveness. If I can get a higher launching shaft in the 3h it could be filthy.

My SIM TI 5 wood didn't work out, but my oh my is the SIM Max 4H a lot of fun.

For me it plays similar to an Apex hybrid, except its faster, higher, and not hideous.

I am late to the game, as usual this year, on all clubs.

Bought the SIM Max 4H with the made for Blue Ventus, which was lightweight and I replaced it with an Accra FX 2.0 200 Series - midlaunch and spin.

The head is smaller than my EXS220 but I'd prefer that out of the rough.

First time on the range and first impression is Wow. A sharp crack with range balls and it got up in the air - not high with range balls but more mid, telling me it will get up more with a real golf ball. Easier to hit - looked at the face after 6 balls and all were hit dead center - must be a good head/shaft combo for me.

Felt powerful. Put it up against the EXS220 4H with GS AD HY65 and the SIM showed a somewhat similar flight but was more urgent than EXS220. Both are excellent - feel with SIM was more pleasing. Will be interesting to see the Trackman comparison at the end of the month.

And the SIM 1 is on sale on the TM site.

Back