TaylorMade SIM MAX and SIM OS Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Speed-bridge lives.

Theyre busy imo, but, this release portion for TM has always been a little but busy.

Inverted cone making it to one of the sets is interesting though.

I find it interesting that they just didn’t call them the SIM and SIM Max. Max and OS Both sound like oversized SGI irons. Naming is sort of redundant and confusing.

Solid article by the way @Molten

First thing that came to mind.
2D1F7BDB-B37D-4150-AF16-9012EAA62323.jpeg3C7DEDF6-F1FD-4C49-8713-C32A7713CD9A.jpeg

I was thinking the OS might stand for One Size and be a One Length offering for a second. I see it means oversize though. That One Size might have been a hair too much copying in the same calendar year I guess ?.

The speedbridge tech may work fine, but man is it hideous.

An improvement over M5 and M6 in my opinion. Also, nice to see the tech from p790 in there.

Good review!

These look like they took the M5/M6 and improved on the overall design and tech. Not something that attracts me and the naming is a little confusing, but no doubt those who play TM clubs will have a solid offering for their games.

The looks would certainly not pull me in, but the tech sounds very interesting and helpful.

Not a fan. Looks like nothing has really changed to me from last years irons.

These are Ugly with a capital U. In fairness I find most irons in this category unappealing.

I understand keeping the name consistent between driver and irons, and maybe I missed it, but is the "speed in motion" aerodynamic design also present in the irons? Or just the driver? Because if it's not, that's kind of confusing.

Lots of tech in these and they sound like a solid option for the target demographic.

I understand keeping the name consistent between driver and irons, and maybe I missed it, but is the "speed in motion" aerodynamic design also present in the irons? Or just the driver? Because if it's not, that's kind of confusing.

Lots of tech in these and they sound like a solid option for the target demographic.

Shape in Motion :D

They're definitely busy, but for the type of player they target, they pack a lot of tech.

I'd love to see my FIL move into this type of club. I think he'd benefit from these.

I'm not a TaylorMade fan at all, but I like the Max OS look!

Lots of tech, but looks wise they turn me away a bit. Too much going on. Not to say I wouldn't game them if I found they worked well for me, but there are other options that fit my eye better.

I'm going to hit them, but they leave a lot to be desired in the looks department.

haha oops. so is the "shape in motion" aero tech also built into these irons?

Diving in pretty deep and not what I am seeing.
Name seems more of a line extension in this instance.

Diving in pretty deep and not what I am seeing.
Name seems more of a line extension in this instance.

got it. I don't fault them for that, keeps everything consistent. really just wondering if it made into the irons, which would be kinda cool.

6D4F75AD-3943-4918-909E-3443E2EF7219.gif

Back