TaylorMade Sim2 Driver Hits Conforming List

I don’t care much about names. Show me the offering is good and you can call it whatever you want.

Just let me know when you have this in hand lol

Just let me know when you have this in hand lol
I can promise you there will be no SIM 2 in my bag. Not this year.

I can promise you there will be no SIM 2 in my bag. Not this year.
Lol... rumor has it you have a few bags, and some secret clubs in them too.

Hmmmmmmm knowing you, never say never
I would love to try it, but there is only one driver yet to hit the market that I would be interested in purchasing.

I'm just hoping it will be available for my fitting in late January. The more new models that are available the better, although my fitter only carries Titleist, TM, Callaway, Mizuno, and PING.

I would love to try it, but there is only one driver yet to hit the market that I would be interested in purchasing.

LOL is it on the conforming list

I'm just hoping it will be available for my fitting in late January. The more new models that are available the better, although my fitter only carries Titleist, TM, Callaway, Mizuno, and PING.
Not Cobra? That is interesting.

Not Cobra? That is interesting.

That is correct. I'm not really sure why they only carry these brands, but it will still give me some great options. I'm also taking lessons there.

Correct. Removing all weight from the top and bottom sounds great, but you would quickly lose a low center of gravity. To combat that, tungsten and other materials are used to give a more precise location of weight. Can it work well? Absolutely. Partly dependent on construction and binders used to keep the whole thing together and where that leads to center of gravity when it is put together as one.

For years someone mentioned to me that eliminating everything, other than a tungsten sole would be a heck of a driver for amateurs (probably not legal either).
Is the frame a metal circle around the equator of this club? If so that would be interesting. Honestly the more I think about the possibilities of a carbon bottom the more interested I am in this series. Hopefully the reveal is not a bummer.

Its all the game that Yagley and @Canadan talked about. It is a game if robbing Peter to pay Paul. Save 2 grams here to put it there. I love that everyone (OEMs) is trying to find it and place it differently to optimize their drivers. It is partly what makes me laugh when I hear "all drivers are the same".. It really could not be further from the truth.
Yeah these OEM's have found some interesting ways of attacking weight placement. They do do some of the things similarly, but no one is doing the whole package the same as anyone else. There is a lot of variety out there and something for almost every one.

Interesting look and it will all depend on how they perform and to a lesser extent how they look at address and the “feel” factor. There seems to be a move away lot of adjustability as a trade off with the revised weighting with the carbon content. Have not seriously gamed a TM in 20 or so years but many others love - so would consider.

With that much carbon on the sole I can't help but be concerned about durability. I'm sure they figured it out but it would still be in the back of my mind.

The SIM2 name is lazy to me and kind of takes away from the excitement of the release. I'm sure it will be a great release but it gives it more of an evolutionary feel vs. major improvements.

I would have rather they just called it Sim vs Sim2 but at the end of the day the name doesn’t bother me. Please leave the sound alone, the SIM is probably the best sounding driver out right now. I too have some concerns around the whole sole being carbon but I’m sure it will be fine. I will definitely be giving these a go this year along with a few others. Pretty sure by the end of February there will be a new driver in my bag....just don’t know which OEM yet.

I would have rather they just called it Sim vs Sim2 but at the end of the day the name doesn’t bother me. Please leave the sound alone, the SIM is probably the best sounding driver out right now. I too have some concerns around the whole sole being carbon but I’m sure it will be fine. I will definitely be giving these a go this year along with a few others. Pretty sure by the end of February there will be a new driver in my bag....just don’t know which OEM yet.
What are you playing currently?

I want to know more about the aluminum.

What are you playing currently?

Currently playing the sim or G410lst
[/QUOTE]
last time I saw @MH he was smashing M5's with you.

...and I was jealous

Haha, that was a great time. It would have been super hard to be there not golfing. I don’t know how you did it

I sure hope we see Tiger rocking the SIM 2.0 this weekend

I am never sure what to think about these early release pics and associated speculation/leaks. I am sure I will take some swings with one or two of the sim2 heads and see how it works for me.

I don't mind the SIM2 name. Sequential numbering on a core is fine by me. If anything it tells me to expect modest changes over the sim. IDK.

This thread was extremely enlightening. Lots of tech talked through the lines. Looking at it seems strange and a different shape but all for tech. TM seems to have a churn and burn on drivers ready for consumers. High adoption rate though.

Reactions: MH
Back