TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

Still in disbelief with what I experienced yesterday. Again, if I wasn't hitting two other drivers along with it I would have never believed what I was seeing with the SLDR 430

Your story describes me as well. Dispersion - tight, distance - internet long. My handicap went down this year mostly due to hitting shorter clubs into the green consistently. I've played my home course for 8 years and have never been in many spots the SLDR put me this year. For me, it works.

SLDR 430 9.5 Speeder 67.

Your story describes me as well. Dispersion - tight, distance - internet long. My handicap went down this year mostly due to hitting shorter clubs into the green consistently. I've played my home course for 8 years and have never been in many spots the SLDR put me this year. For me, it works.

SLDR 430 9.5 Speeder 67.
Awesome.

I've got a 430 with a Speeder TS 6.3 coming, along with a D+ Whiteboard 62

Looking forward to getting this on the course (despite freezing temps) tomorrow

18e1c1bd90839de8574631c221fc8ec5.jpg

882dbb19605c89007862ebc5a0d82a82.jpg

expecting big numbers? even if it's cold out, it's gotta carry and roll far, yeah?

I ordered 2 of the 10 gram SLDR aftermarket weights to play around with. They were just under $15 on eBay and should be here between 2-3 weeks (coming from China).

I ordered 2 of the 10 gram SLDR aftermarket weights to play around with. They were just under $15 on eBay and should be here between 2-3 weeks (coming from China).

Just done the same, will be very interesting to see if it works! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just done the same, will be very interesting to see if it works! :)

I plan to keep the cover that goes over the hot melt hole off of the club head and use a screw to fill it to keep the weight from coming out if it were to somehow come unscrewed. What I'm finding online is that it is an M4 metric socket cap security screw, 7mm in length. But I've also read that some versions had a larger size screw hole. I may just take my club head to the hardware store to find the correct screw.

I made a mistake. I should've gone with the 430 head at 12 degrees.
Not liking my 460 at 10.5.
It was launching too low so I bumped it up to 12 but I realized that closes the face by 3 degrees. That doesn't work with my draw shot shape.
If anyone want the 460, it's in the FS section. Rescue me please!
Oh golf...

I made a mistake. I should've gone with the 430 head at 12 degrees.
Not liking my 460 at 10.5.
It was launching too low so I bumped it up to 12 but I realized that closes the face by 3 degrees. That doesn't work with my draw shot shape.
If anyone want the 460, it's in the FS section. Rescue me please!
Oh golf...

Yeah I know the feeling. I have a 9.5º head and play it at 10.5º. It closes the face 2º. I play a draw and my miss is further left, I would be better off not having it closed or even open a little.

Yeah I know the feeling. I have a 9.5º head and play it at 10.5º. It closes the face 2º. I play a draw and my miss is further left, I would be better off not having it closed or even open a little.

Yeah totally. Instead of a nice high draw, now I have a low snap hook.
Here's an suggestion though. Get the Left Handed shaft and bump it up to 10.5 That should have a reverse effect.

Did the same thing last week

Will also be interesting to see if they turn up from China!! :)

Mine say they have been shipped but who knows how long they will take to get here

#LoftUp

9.5 or 10 is the loft for me, but I'm thinking I'd prefer lofting down and a slightly open face as opposed to lofting up and the slightly closed face

9.5 or 10 is the loft for me, but I'm thinking I'd prefer lofting down and a slightly open face as opposed to lofting up and the slightly closed face

Mine is the 9 bumped up, I need the slightly closed face based on my shot shape. This helps me hit straight or slight draw.

Thinking I need the 10.5 430 head instead of the 9
when i tried the 430 i thought the 12* open to 11* was much easier to hit than the 10.5 lofted up

Is it too late for you to exchange yours?

I'm thinking over the winter I will pick up a 10.5º head and sell the 9.5º.

Back