TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

I have added a second weight to my sldr buy had to put the weights on a diet. With 2x10 gram weights in it the driver measured out to an E weight. Was way to heavy so I cut off some of the weights and got it back down to a D6.5 which makes it feel normal again. The snow is gone and I'm itching to get out to the range to try it out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TBH, I never got a chance to take any cuts with my SLDR before I added the second weight as I bought it when I was recovering from a shoulder operation. I was a little worried about how it was going to feel after adding the extra weight but it worked out just fine for me.

But it was like a rocket launcher when I put it into play for the first time Saturday gone..

How would people compare the Speeder 6.3 or 7.3 (stock TP shaft) with the stock Speeder 57?

How would people compare the Speeder 6.3 or 7.3 (stock TP shaft) with the stock Speeder 57?

I have the 6.3 and comparing it to the stock I would say it is a much more solid/stout feel where you won't feel the weight of the club head bending the shaft on take away or swing through. I think you will get better feedback and feel of what the club is doing with the TP Shaft. I love mine.
Glad I checked back into this thread. I thought maybe I would go R15 but I think the SLDR looks far better than the black R15 and I don't like the big marshmallow on a stick look of the white head. I had an R1 and I liked how the graphics broke up the big white head.
I was able to demo an R15 at a local shop on their range vs my SLDR TP. I now feel even stronger in my love of the SLDR TP combo that I have. This weekend on the course I was consistently getting a slight draw and carrying about 280. I guess I'm able to make center contact more than most.

I too just got my SLDR 460 with stiff 57. This is my first TM driver with moveable weight and I prefer this over the lighter driver heads I used to own (Burner, RBZ Stage 2, Cobra Amp Cell). With the stock 57 stiff shaft, I'm able to feel the shaft loading and ball feels like it jumps off the face. This driver is long and forgiving. Enjoying my honeymoon phase with it right now.

I am also in the honey moon phase of mine. Hopefully it last the whole season long. Then I will buy a r 15 next year for half price.

Just put the kusala blue 72x in play today all I will say is wow launch was lower than my vts silver 61x but carried further and role out was huge!

Will be on gc2 next week with numbers!

On my local range with the vts I was carrying towards the back and roling up the bank! I'm pitching the blue on the bank!

Thing is a bomber in my 14 degree head playing at 12!!

@Clarkey, are you in Newcastly up north brother?

I took a 10.5° SLDR driver out of the pro shop yesterday and hit about 70 balls with it on the range. I messed around with different settings and had a good time hitting it. It was super windy out on the range and kept swirling, so it was hard to really compare distances with my current driver (Burner Superfast), but I was surprised to see that my driver shaft was a good inch or two longer than the SLDR was. Anywho, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an SLDR, but thinking about going with a 12° because I know I don't want it any lower than 10.5°.

Yer Newcastle upon Tyne! You up here?

You are both a little further north than me (Darlington here) but I have had the misfortune...I mean the pleasure of playing a round with Damo

I'm playing a society round there on Sunday!
Member of Ryton and Newbiggin at the moment!

Lol small world. Get ya waterproofs out for Sunday!

7abaca46b0440f951c27336b5c599199.jpg

01cfb3af54b2cbb0e7077dfa0ccad5b8.jpg

I want to know more about this mod? How does it feel?

I want to know more about this mod? How does it feel?

I love it!

Currentlt playing the stock 20g weight in the draw setting and the aftermarket 10g weight where it is in the bottom pic. It actually feels more forgiving than my Amp Cell!!!

I love it!

Currentlt playing the stock 20g weight in the draw setting and the aftermarket 10g weight where it is in the bottom pic. It actually feels more forgiving than my Amp Cell!!!

Awesome did you pick up the extra weight from TM?

there are some in fleabay if you are looking

Newbie here... I've been following this thread for a while and purchased the 10.5 SLDR off Ebay, coming from a Rocketball Stage 2 driver. Had very good results by using the stock 50g RBZ2 shaft on the SLDR. My question is the ball sometimes ballons in the air more than I like but distance is around 260 but no roll, and this is after adjusting the 10.5 to the lowest settings.. Should I purchase the SLDR 9.5 and sell my 10.5 on the bay?

I've read throughout this thread that people should loft up when using the SLDR because of the spin rates. I'm coming from a RBZ2 9.5..

Newbie here... I've been following this thread for a while and purchased the 10.5 SLDR off Ebay, coming from a Rocketball Stage 2 driver. Had very good results by using the stock 50g RBZ2 shaft on the SLDR. My question is the ball sometimes ballons in the air more than I like but distance is around 260 but no roll, and this is after adjusting the 10.5 to the lowest settings.. Should I purchase the SLDR 9.5 and sell my 10.5 on the bay?

I've read throughout this thread that people should loft up when using the SLDR because of the spin rates. I'm coming from a RBZ2 9.5..

A 9.5 might be the right choice for you then. Good luck.

Back