TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

Sorry I should have kept track of that number. But they were between 18 and 21 degrees.

Still working to squeeze out a few more....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That was the main area Alex Galvin and I were working on. It makes a huge difference.

That's insane launch.
Working at the Culver City Trackman Center in Irvine. Trackman is king.

Trackman numbers for the SLDR 430 12 degree set to 10.5 degrees. X stiff TP Fijikura Motore Speeder Shaft.

Club head speed 109.9

Attack angle 7.7

Smash Factor 1.40

Carry Distance 255.9

Total distance 285.9

Spin 1810

I dream of having that driver attack angle! Maybe in the next life...

Trackman

Trackman is useless unless you have proper instruction to interpret numbers and make necessary swing adjustments.

Also, the average angle of attack on tour is negative.

You sure those numbers are correct? 20 degrees of launch with 1800 RPMs of spin and hitting it 285 with a smash factor of 1.4 with that angle of attack? Im trying to do math and wrap my head around it, could the Trackman be off a bit?

You sure those numbers are correct? 20 degrees of launch with 1800 RPMs of spin and hitting it 285 with a smash factor of 1.4 with that angle of attack? Im trying to do math and wrap my head around it, could the Trackman be off a bit?
285 was with 30 yards of roll.

Okay then all props to Alex Galvin. PGA PRO AND INSTRUCTOR.

With my non pga skills the positive attack angle gives me the best results with the Driver

Okay then all props to Alex Galvin. PGA PRO AND INSTRUCTOR.

With my non pga skills the positive attack angle gives me the best results with the Driver

Effective use of caps. Don't post numbers if you don't like educated people questioning them.

I didn't keep the launch angle. But my usual carry distance is 250 to 260. The landing distance varies with the fairway conditions and degree of incline.

Last edited:
I'm not going to question those numbers, mainly because I know your driver head very well.

But a 7* AoA is crazy for me to wrap my head around. Bottles my mind.

I'm not going to question those numbers, mainly because I know your driver head very well.

But a 7* AoA is crazy for me to wrap my head around. Bottles my mind.
Yes thanks again. It fit me perfectly.

If I figure out how to post the trackman pdf from that session I will to just keep it real.

But we all know there is more to golf than attack angles and swing speeds.

My buddies are killing me with the short game and putter.

No worries. Just FYI for Sldr fans

107.6, 5.8 1.39, 250.5 282.1 1730
108.7, 6.0 1.37, 255.0 277.2 2210
109.9, 7.7 1.40, 255.9 285.9 1810

ss aa sf cd td sp

ss: Swing speed

aa: Attack amgle

sf: Smash Factor

cd: Carry Distance

tt: Total Distance

sp: Spin

Putting his numbers in Flightscope trajectory optimizer it shows he gets about 270 carry and 300 total.

So I hope this answers the issue about attack angle and trackman. It may be inflated but the carry distances carry over (excuse the pun) to the golf course.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Effective use of caps. Don't post numbers if you don't like educated people questioning them.

Sorry for the caps was just typing with my smart phone. No emphasis intended. The friendly banter is part of the game.

My buddy beat me by 10 strokes sunday with a 210 yard average drive.... So .....

We are just sharing the Golfing enthusiasm that we all share on this site.

We play, we practice, and we share our experiences. I have learned alot from everyones here at Hackers Paradise, and really enjoy the reviews and feedback from all.

So I hope this answers this issue about attack angle and trackman. It may be inflated but the carry distances carry over (excuse the pun) to the golf course.

I was basing on 20* of launch with 18* of spin with the rest of the numbers. Not speaking of distance so much. You just do not see those very often (including the tour), so I was curious because of where you mentioned previously your game was.

I was basing on 20* of launch with 18* of spin with the rest of the numbers. Not speaking of distance so much. You just do not see those very often (including the tour), so I was curious because of where you mentioned previously your game was.
Partime hacker full time dad.

If I could just figure out how to quit my day job.

Then I would be a killer lol

No worries. I'm just trying to get it in the holeeeee.

Really unique numbers Johan! I wasn't even aware you could get low enough behind the ball to create 7.7 AoA!
I just reported the numbers that the trackman was spitting out. Either way the information definitely has helped me figure out what to focus on to improve my game.

We can't perceive club head path or face angles at 100 mph. This tool helps point me in the right direction.

Most importantly it has carried over to the golf course.

But did trackman inflate my attack angle. Who knows for sure.

Cheers

I just reported the numbers that the trackman was spitting out. Either way the information definitely has helped me figure out what to focus on to improve my game.

We can't perceive club head path or face angles at 100 mph. This tool helps point me in the right direction.

Most importantly it has carried over to the golf course.

But did trackman inflate my attack angle. Who knows for sure.

Cheers

I'm not here to build up an argument against your numbers, but I think it'd be a lot of fun to follow along if you could find another local place to get numbers from, just to see how comparable they are.

Very interesting stuff dude! Says a lot about what we know about our numbers, what we can learn, and what we need to just ignore.

Back