Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

TM Spider S Navy
Spider S Chalk
JIC89_zoom_D2.jpg
JIC93_zoom_D.jpg
JIC89_zoom_D4.jpg
JIC93_zoom_D3.jpg

Crafted from premium materials, Spider S offers the highest MOI of any putter in the TaylorMade lineup.

• Manufactured from high-grade aluminum and tungsten weights
  • The iconic Spider™ shape and construction for improved stability
  • High MOI and deep center of gravity
  • Multi-Material Construction
    The use of high-grade 6061 Aluminum matched with tungsten weighting in the sole and the rear weight bar
  • Our Highest Stability Spider™ Putter
    The combination of tungsten sole weights and a weight bar provide a deep CG and high MOI
  • Tungsten Weight Bar
    A tungsten weight bar at the rear of the putter is customized for each shaft length to deliver a precise swing weight. 48g Tungsten sole weights are positioned on the front left and right side for stability
  • Pure Roll™ Insert
    Thicker Pure Roll insert produces better sound and feel while 45° grooves increase topspin to help the ball start and stay on its intended line.
  • KBS Stepless Stability Shaft (black)
    A new single bend black CT Tour putter shaft from KBS is designed to reduce deflection and increase stability
Specifications
FINISHHOSELHANDSIGHTLINETOE HANGOFFSETLENGTHHEAD WEIGHTLOFTLIEPURE ROLL INSERTINSERT FEEL
ChalkSingle BendRH/LH3 sightlinesFace-BalancedFull Shaft33",34", 35"378g, 357g, 350g70°5mmMedium
FINISH
Chalk
Stock Shaft
KBS Black Stepless CT Stability Shaft
KBS Black Stepless CT Stability Shaft

BendWeight
Single Bend120g
Bend
Single Bend
Stock Grip

SSSpdrXB.jpg

ModelColorWeightButt SizeFeel
GTR 1.0Black83g.580Textured/Soft
Model
GTR 1.0

I kind of like the shape and the idea behind the putter - high MOI is always nice. Would love to see it with a slant neck.

I'm not a fan of the Spider putters but with this one's shape and high MOI, I find it interesting. I would like to ultimately see some reviews for it.

Last edited:
Not a fan of TaylorMade putters.

I like this one.. Much better looking than the other spiders in my opinion.

It probably performs pretty well. I will however never be interested in owning that.

Just strange to call it an "S" when most circles "S" stands for Slant and Toe Hang.

Nice colors. I'm liking the slate color. Or is that navy. Or black? The second photo. That color.

Yes please to the navy.

That putter looks great. and the tech is pretty cool.

I actually want to get some time in with it.

Surprised to see no mention of a slant neck model since it is such a popular option right now.

Looks better than the other Spiders to my eye. Also looks leagues better than the "other" putter they announced today lol

Looks interesting and I am liking that navy one. (y)

Interesting decision to put the Spider name on this...not a knock on it, just isn't a Spider like we are used to. Still, I'm intrigued and would demo it...and am especially interested to see if it sits more square than a classic Spider when soled.

Interesting decision to put the Spider name on this...not a knock on it, just isn't a Spider like we are used to. Still, I'm intrigued and would demo it...and am especially interested to see if it sits more square than a classic Spider when soled.

Don't forget there have been plenty of other Spider releases that don't have that signature shape we come to expect. The spider line has always been about stability, so this easily fits the bill.

Don't forget there have been plenty of other Spider releases that don't have that signature shape we come to expect. The spider line has always been about stability, so this easily fits the bill.
i guess i did forget...thanks for the reminder (y)

A piece I really enjoyed writing last year was this one...it took a stroll down Spider memory name, and I even left some out. Might be worth throwing in here.

Thanks for the link! I totally forgot about the Spider blade but I remember liking the looks of it when it came out.

Looks good! I’m sure I’ll hit up a store soon to try it out. Nothing else to do this winter.

Very interested in this one, I do love my spider x but will try this one out as soon as it hits stores. Wish there were other neck options though, the short slant next seems to work well for me

Not the look for me.

I kinda dig it— not sure it will work for me but I will definitely roll it.

Back