TaylorMade Spider X Putter

Like I said earlier I have been using myspider x since the 2019 Taylormade experience and it has been fantastic. The only thing I have second guessed was not getting the ‘white’ insert so I have been trying to order one off of the Canadian Taylormade site all weekend while it is on sale. However something is wrong with the site and it won’t let me summit the order. Hopefully the sale is still on tomorrow so I can phone customer service
I wish I’d gone with that insert as well. It’s the one thing about TM putters that just gets me, the inserts are just not great feeling.

I wish I’d gone with that insert as well. It’s the one thing about TM putters that just gets me, the inserts are just not great feeling.

Yeah they certainly lag behind in that department.

Ordered one this morning with the white insert, I will most likely try move my current one even though it has been a fantastic putter for me. Everytime I mess around with one in the shop I like the feel way better with the white insert and with the black friday sale i jumped.

I think they did a really good job on the release of these. Although over time I did revert back to the Spider Tour Red. Just felt more comfortable with it. Perhaps if I added some weight to the X would have been with it a touch longer. Silly easy to align though.
Love hearing how easily it is to align. I totally agree. Also feel like they are a bit light for my liking, but I guess that can be fixed

Love hearing how easily it is to align. I totally agree. Also feel like they are a bit light for my liking, but I guess that can be fixed

For my eye, it aligns better than Triple Track.

Nice! Which one did you get?

I got the short slant spider x in chalk. Hopefully it helps. Might have to shelf the two scottys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never noticed it being lighter than my black spider tour it replaced but maybe I’m just not that sensitive to the weight difference. The one I have now has the true path with the T alignment and I agree the alignment is excellent. Great now I’m 2nd guessing ordering a solid black one. I will post a pic side by side when the other one comes in image.jpg

Last edited:
For my eye, it aligns better than Triple Track.
I haven’t had the right triple track in hand to compare it to. But I could see that. I have a #10 stroke lab and I love the way that aligns. I feel the spider generally aligns as well if not better than it. So, that could be an interesting comparison for me to check out

I’m sure it’s been discussed in this thread but I think it would take forever to look through... but I have a question about shortening the shaft. If I cut to 34” from 34”, would I have to change the weights?

The MySpider x I ordered during the Black Friday sale has finally shipped. Super excited to get this in hand and roll the white insert. The insert has been the only thing I have questioned since putting it into play in 2019.

I’m sure it’s been discussed in this thread but I think it would take forever to look through... but I have a question about shortening the shaft. If I cut to 34” from 34”, would I have to change the weights?

If you cut from 34” to 34” there would be no change in length.

The MySpider x I ordered during the Black Friday sale has finally shipped. Super excited to get this in hand and roll the white insert. The insert has been the only thing I have questioned since putting it into play in 2019.

Don't forget to share some pics!!

Going from 35” to 34” will reduce swing weight. You could add heavier weights but that is going to increase the head weight. Some lose feel with a heavier head on a putter. Will be trial and error.

Finally got my new myspider x which replaced a myspider x that has been my gamer since June 2019. Prior to the x I played the tour black and really liked the no alignment solid black look so I decided to go back to that. I’m not sure if it was the right decision or not as I have enjoyed the t alignment but I know I am happier with the white insert. 8E3341FE-2C83-42E0-B7C3-BCEB2A75EAEE.jpeg97FCEFAE-A584-4B05-BEB5-4F4816A1B3C0.jpeg59823F6E-4713-4BCE-9886-83C6234BC66F.jpeg

Finally got my new myspider x which replaced a myspider x that has been my gamer since June 2019. Prior to the x I played the tour black and really liked the no alignment solid black look so I decided to go back to that. I’m not sure if it was the right decision or not as I have enjoyed the t alignment but I know I am happier with the white insert. View attachment 8987197View attachment 8987198View attachment 8987199

Just a beaut....

I really toyed with doing this as I loved my 'all black' DJ Tour Spider he currently uses. However, I really love the 'True Path Alignment' that I first experienced in my 'Chalk' version....

I love my black version (Linked below), but yours is awesome as well!! (Are you, or have you experimented with different weights? My 6g weights really make this stick deadly, and I rarely miss anything from with the 6' circle as they say).

I haven’t played with the weights but did order this at 34.5” which was the same as my last one. I agree the true path is really good. Only rolled this for a bit but so far so good

I haven’t played with the weights but did order this at 34.5” which was the same as my last one. I agree the true path is really good. Only rolled this for a bit but so far so good

One more question - My black/white 'My Spider' came with the copper coloured KBS sticker that really put me off (I have OCD LOL!)... The Chalk version, that is more closely aligned with the colour scheme, head/shaft/SS grip, comes with a 'silver' KBS sticker....

I tried to accept it, but just couldn't - I reached out to KBS and after about a month, received 2 of the 'silver' KBS stickers for no charge that are used for the stock 'Chalk' version of the Spider X.

Yes, I'm quite ill - But very happy now! :rolleyes:

Haha, I never looked at the sticker but know my old one had the copper....and so does the new one

I just managed to pick up a 34 in. Navy/White #3 for just about 50% off from my local golf shop thanks to them honoring the 20% off found online plus some leftover store credit. When these came out I always wanted one but didn’t pull the trigger, but now that I’m working on my putter stroke more (working on using my arms more instead of flicking my wrists), I’m noticing I do have a natural arc to my putting stroke. I saw glimpses of the new Spider supposedly coming out soon, didn’t like what I saw, and figured grabbing one of the most popular putters from the last couple of years at about half off was too good to pass up. I was told that TM doesn’t really have this version in stock anymore (outside of custom orders) so I’m pumped I managed to get one.

Haha, I never looked at the sticker but know my old one had the copper....and so does the new one

Yes, I have issues - Kudos to KBS for sourcing the stickers somewhere in Asia. :ROFLMAO:

I just managed to pick up a 34 in. Navy/White #3 for just about 50% off from my local golf shop thanks to them honoring the 20% off found online plus some leftover store credit. When these came out I always wanted one but didn’t pull the trigger, but now that I’m working on my putter stroke more (working on using my arms more instead of flicking my wrists), I’m noticing I do have a natural arc to my putting stroke. I saw glimpses of the new Spider supposedly coming out soon, didn’t like what I saw, and figured grabbing one of the most popular putters from the last couple of years at about half off was too good to pass up. I was told that TM doesn’t really have this version in stock anymore (outside of custom orders) so I’m pumped I managed to get one.

Congrats XC, they are beautiful sticks!!

Back