TaylorMade Spider X Putter

Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro, there’s a solid homepage article on them from a while back :alien:

It needs to die.

Eh, used one on the MLA putter I reviewed, it’s ok for me, durability is at least better than SuperStroke.

I have Tour Sensor contour on my two ball and also my fang, love them and have always putted well with them. I have thought about a replacement for mine, just giving this one a chance

I have Tour Sensor contour on my two ball and also my fang, love them and have always putted well with them. I have thought about a replacement for mine, just giving this one a chance

The Pro is the newest shape, it’s good stuff!

f1ab3f8d710c1ca3418b469151f57517.jpg

63db0eab6b1424bd123c03b1d0c40a10.jpg

c1bcf73ce79dce57672f7ee26203e5e4.jpg

ac1d6a3f1989dec7d8bbb35aa194bda1.jpg

b32501238991e12041b58f4409d451f8.jpg

Hello beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s sweet! Love the colors on there, well done sir.

That’s sweet! Love the colors on there, well done sir.

Thank you. I'm liking how it rolls and it's just cool to get one that is unique. TaylorMade really took care of us!

Thanks! I was wanting the navy with a little color pop to go with it and I’m super pleased with how it turned out.

absolutely stunning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 40217View attachment 40218View attachment 40219View attachment 40220View attachment 40221

So, I ordered up one of these. Blue and green, my favorite colors. I was so worried when I discovered that the colored inserts were aluminum. However, I freaking love this putter, particularly with the longer slant neck. I am putting as well with it as I was last year with the RedBall, but now I am dancing with a looker. Ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks awesome, I think I might b the last one still waiting for the putter & wedge to show up. Got shipping notification so it shouldn’t b too long now

Well done guys. these color combos pop.

Well, I have five rounds on mine in two days and am thus far impressed.

Because of the color of insert I went with (grey/silver) I believe I have the aluminum insert but im enjoying it, no springiness in the feel which is always my only ‘watch for’ in aluminum in a mallet shape.

I’ve got some thoughts on the flow neck here sometime soon, but it’s been pretty revelatory for my specific putting game.

I'll finally be able to get out this weekend, after a much needed vacation.

As I've mentioned before. The putter is the one club in my bag I've never replaced, so I am excited and scared to put this one in play. I plan to leave the gamer home, so I'm not tempted to revert back should things go slightly sideways.

Will report back on this, the wedge, and the M6 (with new shaft).

TaylorMade Spider X Putter

Alright, both putters showed up today...yep I said both. Let me explain, being the nut that I am I couldn’t decide between the ‘T’ alignment or the short line, (the inserts also had me concerned). Not to mention I also need to provide a bid item for our company tournament so it worked out perfect. I am pretty simple when it comes to colours & to b honest almost went with a solid black head. I kept both heads black with the true path alignment and changed the insert so that one was aluminum & the other was the 80/20 surlyn. I thought it was going to make the decision which one to keep easier, turns out that’s not the case. I like the feel of the 80/20 insert better but I like the ‘T’ alignment a bit better??? I am now debating leaving the plastic on the grips & taking both out for a round. Let me know which one u guys like the look of better. Truth b told I am leaning towards the one with the white insert. Thank u TaylorMade & THP!
1881b970d5d2cfb7c6621b37c6357ef1.jpg
b5c89680688b3b1e6b5f0fead3852c91.jpg
5154b6a7306c4559b864cc17da72089f.jpg
8e9efba20c7e0f167ef694988b2b14ea.jpg

Alright, both putters showed up today...yep I said both. Let me explain, being the nut that I am I couldn’t decide between the ‘T’ alignment or the short line, (the inserts also had me concerned). Not to mention I also need to provide a bid item for our company tournament so it worked out perfect. I am pretty simple when it comes to colours & to b honest almost went with a solid black head. I kept both heads black with the true path alignment and changed the insert so that one was aluminum & the other was the 80/20 surlyn. I thought it was going to make the decision which one to keep easier, turns out that’s not the case. I like the feel of the 80/20 insert better but I like the ‘T’ alignment a bit better??? I am now debating leaving the plastic on the grips & taking both out for a round. Let me know which one u guys like the look of better. Truth b told I am leaning towards the one with the white insert. Thank u TaylorMade & THP!
1881b970d5d2cfb7c6621b37c6357ef1.jpg
b5c89680688b3b1e6b5f0fead3852c91.jpg
5154b6a7306c4559b864cc17da72089f.jpg
8e9efba20c7e0f167ef694988b2b14ea.jpg

Both look fantastic. Curious if you can tell a difference in feel between the two inserts??

I think I can, to me the aluminum one feels a little firmer but that is just carpet rolling & very well could b just between my ears. I think I’m going to have to take them on a green & see if there is any difference. Loser goes in the tournament & I buy it back so I have both!

Still bummed they don’t offer a neon lime/yellow and dark gray as color options. Would order in a heartbeat.

Anyone think the painted/colored inserts will get paint chips over time ?

Anyone think the painted/colored inserts will get paint chips over time ?
I was also wondering the same thing, thanks for asking. Anyone with a darker insert showing any wear over time? That would make my decision simple

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

No bad decision here MH - - Both look great.

df954f48a25615b90b4718d13c4eef61.jpg
379005afd8ad9b2dcd8f381b3d93c8c4.jpg

Decision made, not going to torture myself! Plastic is off & it’s in the bag. Sticking with the 80/20 insert as it is the same as I have used for the last 2 1/2 seasons. Pretty sure I will buy the other one @ our tourney after all it is for charity

Cannot get this thing off of my head. I have a feeling that I’m going to pull the trigger really soon.

Cannot get this thing off of my head. I have a feeling that I’m going to pull the trigger really soon.

Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch. Don’t fight it!

I got one of these in Copper/white alignment about 3 weeks ago. For the 1st time in 50 years, I'm consistently making 5-10 foot putts. Very pleased.

Some awesome looking putter color combos in here! Sounds like most Are really enjoying the new spiders, will have to give one a roll sometime soon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got out for 27 holes tonight, first golf in over 3 weeks. I had the tour black spider in the bag for 2 1/2 years & really liked it. I absolutely love this spider x, it was by far the best club in the bag. Look forward to getting out again.

So I gave the spider x a try. A little background. 2 years ago I got my putts down to about 30 per round using an old Scott Cameron which was stolen. When I had to switch putters my 30 put average fell to 40+. Whether it be confidence feel or how this new club was rolling. Well being fed up I picked up a spider x. Instantly I could feel the benefits of this putter. Over the past month my average puts per round is about 35 and I consistently make more putts in the 5-10ft range. My speed is almost always spot on leaving easier 2nd putts. Also the alignment sightline is amazing. The only thing I dont care for is the white cover that comes with it but who cares when all you hear on the green is great role.
d2a6542ed82483062b7c145537e17fc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m struggling with ball position and pace right now with mine. Both of these are mentally driven moving from a blade full time, going to sit on the putting green tonight and fix the alignment. Then it’s just trusting that you still have to put a roll on the ball and the size alone isn’t going to do it for you.

Beyond that, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve see and the white alignment is pretty damn badass.

Back