TaylorMade Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

The more rounds I get with this putter the more and more I like it.

I had 31 putts today and shot a 90, 15 on the front (47)
16 on the back (43)
But I screwed up 17 and 18, 3 putted both.

I had drained 2 birdies from 10 feet on the back an had 1 putted two pars. I left myself really long on 17, didn't get it there... You know the rest.

I really think with more course time I'm gonna have this baby below 30 putts per round ( personal goal for august)

Can't sayenough the white an alignment on these are perfect.

16 on the back (43)

I had drained 2 birdies from 10 feet on the back an had 1 putted two pars. I left myself really long on 17, didn't get it there... You know the rest.

I really think with more course time I'm gonna have this baby below 30 putts per round ( personal goal for august)

31 putts is solid especially with 3 putts on 17 & 18. Are you making a bunch of putts in the 8-12 foot range or is the low putts due to missing a GIR, chipping close, and easy 1 putt? Or combination of both perhaps?

I could never imagine putting without an alignment line again.

My last round I had 34 putts, my worst putting performance with (4) 3 putts, just wasn't feeling anything that day and the greens were very inconsistent.

Fast forward to today...27 putts (9) 1 putts and 9 (2) putts. Very pleased with this. I drained two birdie putts on the closing nine that were 20' and 25'. The grip on this putter performs well when it's wet.

I had a few birdies in the 10 foot range; but it was also as you said due to a good short game. My two worst holes were 17 an 18; every other I had chipped it close, made a nice bunker shot or pitched it close.

I'll still take it; my buddy mentioned I the new wedges were on fire and my putter was in te zone.

I attributed some of it to ZEN Golf- and ZEN putting that i had read over vacation-

They really gave me a new look to shot preparation and confidence - unfortunately it slowed me down alot.

Hahaha I just heard a collective groan from team paradise.

It was my first round practicing "zen" so I'm sure I'll speed it up in a month of golf.

Offto work can elaborate more later

16 on the back (43)

3 putts will do it, thats for sure. Take out the 3 putts and you definitely hit the goal of 30 putts per round. Good luck!

Love the alignment lines on the Ghost(s), played 9 with a Corza Ghost yesterday, then switched back to my Spider Vicino for league last night and it had me all out of sorts. The white w/ black alignment makes lining up the ball much, much easier.

3 putts will do it, thats for sure. Take out the 3 putts and you definitely hit the goal of 30 putts per round. Good luck!

Love the alignment lines on the Ghost(s), played 9 with a Corza Ghost yesterday, then switched back to my Spider Vicino for league last night and it had me all out of sorts. The white w/ black alignment makes lining up the ball much, much easier.
IMO the alignment lines on the Corza are the best out there. I don't even look at the doughnut hole on the back, the three black lines on the white head work perfectly.

41 putts today, 20/21

I got there kinda late- took me little over an hour and I only got about 4 hours sleep.

Still te course was very hilly and I three jacked the first two holes,

Not good for the confidence.

I mis read the break horribly and I don't think I got my tempo back rest of the day.

I didn't warm up on the practice green at all- which I know I need too on new courses.

Only good thing I can post is I was hitting my aiming points- so my putts were starting straight- but I misread every large breaker (tere were a lot- even a 80 footer)

Well see if it carries over tomorrow- playing home course in the am.

Nice grip RB, I have the same one and love it:act-up:

Just finished a round on a course with some really quick greens. I putted really well on the front nine, 14, with only one three jack. The back nine was a different story, 20! I missed the green on my approach on the par 5 14th and had to chip on, which ended up about 25 feet short. The putt was fairly straight, but I hit the big ball first and ended up about ten feet short. So, I hit my second putt too hard and send it eight feet past the cup. Missed the third putt to end up with a 4 putt, great! This really killed my confidence and my score. Ended the day with a 79 after shooting par on the front. I really love this putter and the insert, but my stroke has been a little shaky lately. I only managed to scuff the ground once today before the ball, which is an improvement. I worked on some putting the other night and found if I stand a little closer to the ball, my stroke is better and I am hitting the sweet spot.

Hang in there cg. I had my worst putting day of the year on Thursday with 39 putts. Just like you I'm interested to see how I rebound.

just tap it in!

Don't get too hung up on the number of putts. You have to consider the situation you're in. I'm more concerned with three putts, and how many 3-5 footers I make. Especially when I'm hitting a fair amount of greens. I haven't been making a lot of birdies, but I'm snuggling that pill right up there, and when I make a bad read or leave one a little short or long, I'm getting the next one in the hole. That is huge for me, and my confidence just keeps growing. The birdies will start to fall, but being confident that I'm not going to freakin' 3 putt is priceless.

The Corza Ghost works. I think it's the combination of alignment and weight. I'm relaxed with it in my hands and that has been Epic.

Kevin

Ivan loving the TM putter with the new IOmic grip. It just feels right. I had 31 putts today including 2 3putts I think. Overall a great putting day!

I hope this is just the start of this thing warming up for the MC.

Tappin the keg!

Edit: only 1 3 putt!

Last edited:
33 putts today on the home course. Greens were faster than yesterday , which I'm used too. I mis read a few greens on my long lag putts which made me think back to yesterday's horrendous round with the putter.

I read a putt breaking almost the flagstick right to left, I picked my aim point and let it stroke. It rolled straight as I putt it, which tells me my stroke is fine- but it broke about half what I expected it too.

Strange, they say green reading is all experience and practice so I just hope I figure out the finer points soon.

Did have several one putts, chipped it really close for a ew gimmes

28 putts today with the Corza Ghost. 4 birdies, to from close range, one from about 20 feet, the last one from 10-12. One three putt because I slid a 25 foot side hiller past about 4 feet, then pulled the comebacker. Have not had the confidence I have in this club with another putter in many, many, years.

Feels so good.

Kevin

Nice Belbin! Maybe that grip change is what you needed. How much heavier does the head feel now?

Ivan loving the TM putter with the new IOmic grip. It just feels right. I had 31 putts today including 2 3putts I think. Overall a great putting day!

Way to rebound after a bad putting round the other day!

33 putts today on the home course. Greens were faster than yesterday , which I'm used too. I mis read a few greens on my long lag putts which made me think back to yesterday's horrendous round with the putter.

I read a putt breaking almost the flagstick right to left, I picked my aim point and let it stroke. It rolled straight as I putt it, which tells me my stroke is fine- but it broke about half what I expected it too.

Strange, they say green reading is all experience and practice so I just hope I figure out the finer points soon.

Esox just continues with the good play. Ever since you and your Ghost have had that 1 on 1 talk you guys have been getting along.

28 putts today with the Corza Ghost. 4 birdies, to from close range, one from about 20 feet, the last one from 10-12. One three putt because I slid a 25 foot side hiller past about 4 feet, then pulled the comebacker. Have not had the confidence I have in this club with another putter in many, many, years.

Feels so good.

Kevin

Don't get too hung up on the number of putts. You have to consider the situation you're in. I'm more concerned with three putts, and how many 3-5 footers I make. Especially when I'm hitting a fair amount of greens. I haven't been making a lot of birdies, but I'm snuggling that pill right up there, and when I make a bad read or leave one a little short or long, I'm getting the next one in the hole. That is huge for me, and my confidence just keeps growing. The birdies will start to fall, but being confident that I'm not going to freakin' 3 putt is priceless.

The Corza Ghost works. I think it's the combination of alignment and weight. I'm relaxed with it in my hands and that has been Epic.

Kevin
How is your grip holding up? Mine gets dirty rather easily and I've wiped it down, but there seems to be some residual dirt. I haven't picked up any Magic Eraser to try like someone suggested.

Mine is getting a lot of use and I'm afraid of it's lifespan. It's a tool though and I am using it well.

Tappin the keg!

That's great belbs. I see good things for you and this putter!

That is back to normal. We all have those bad little yippy putter rounds and it's best to just get back out there.

Feels so good.

Kevin
Good stuff Kevin!

I had 32 putts today. New greens, lots of undulation, the speed killed me because they looked perfect and fast and they weren't. They felt like wet sponges from the night before because it had rained so much. It was a different grass and that played tricks on me.

Really interesting how new and different grasses can affect you from round to round.

I love this putter!

I've got a long update planned for later today or tomorrow when I get back from my 36 holes today, but I'm making everything with this putter right now. I just love the way it rolls the ball, and it just seems to want to keep the face square. I'm under 34 putts every round right now, and thats a promising sign for me.

that's what I'm talking about. Do you think the new grip made that much of a difference or is it something else?

BTW, Biggsy, I am starting to see that line on the putter that you guys are seeing., doesn't really make a difference though. I don't see this putter coming out of my bag for a long long time.

BTW, Biggsy, I am starting to see that line on the putter that you guys are seeing., doesn't really make a difference though. I don't see this putter coming out of my bag for a long long time.

It hasn't affected my putts at all, just more of an observation. I noticed about half the 'new' putters at GG had the same line.

It hasn't affected my putts at all, just more of an observation. I noticed about half the 'new' putters at GG had the same line.

What line?

I putted great this am, so so this afternoon; hard for me to play two diff places and adjust from tournament greens to public greens.

I like the weighting of the 880; it's really easy to stroke and the ball just flies off this insert. I think this insert is one of e best ive gamed.

The Nike last year had tremendous forward roll, but this one freaking sweet too.

Can't wait to get it back to Florida, dialed in those greens by Sunday in may. Hope to do the same again in auagust

Back