TaylorMade Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

What line?

I putted great this am, so so this afternoon; hard for me to play two diff places and adjust from tournament greens to public greens.

I like the weighting of the 880; it's really easy to stroke and the ball just flies off this insert. I think this insert is one of e best ive gamed.

The Nike last year had tremendous forward roll, but this one freaking sweet too.

Can't wait to get it back to Florida, dialed in those greens by Sunday in may. Hope to do the same again in auagust

It's been mentioned about a dozen times in this thread, even with pictures attached. I can't dig them up through my phone or I'd help.

Just an update. I am consistently around 30 putts around and I've had one 3 putt in my last 5 rounds. Still just loving the confidence the putter gives me.

The white grip gets dirty a lot easier than some other grips I've had in the past. I've just tried soap and warm water and that hasn't cleaned it. JB suggested magic eraser, so I am going to pick up that and give it a try.

The bottom of the putter is still flawless and no marks whatsoever so that is holding up nicely. I do have a small nick at the bottom of the face on the paint. Not sure how it got there, but I can't even photograph it. Just one of those things from a putt off the green I suppose. Not worried about.

I'm noticing that the Pure Roll insert is getting a groove or wear pattern on the center of the face (thank god), from repeated hits. I snapped a picture of it. Just shows how soft this insert is. Not sure what it does with performance, but I haven't noticed anything negative with it and I think it looks cool. Anyone else notice this with their Pure Roll inserts?

4c650e3a-7871-fe35.jpg

Bump.

Also, since seeing this picture posted, just about every Ghost I have seen in a Golf shop has the line/discoloration on it. My Ghost (about two weeks old now) is developing the line as well. No notice in performance of the insert though. I notice on the Ghost Spider they left the white off the lines of the Pure Roll insert.

It's been mentioned about a dozen times in this thread, even with pictures attached. I can't dig them up through my phone or I'd help.

Must. Have missed them when I was on vaca, I subscribed to this for all updates...

30 putts today. One 3 jack. Those burn me up.

My playing partner gave me an extra head cover. I have two now. They are like twins. I might get one embroidered with "best putter ever".

30 putts today. One 3 jack. Those burn me up.

My playing partner gave me an extra head cover. I have two now. They are like twins. I might get one embroidered with "best putter ever".

My head cover fell off a number of times because the magnet wasn't line up very well. Had to drive around a bit to find it one time.

Mine has the line. Didn't notice it until this thread. I have really gained a lot short putting confidence with the Corza. I hope it keeps going.

Kevin

My head cover fell off a number of times because the magnet wasn't line up very well. Had to drive around a bit to find it one time.

Mine has the line. Didn't notice it until this thread. I have really gained a lot short putting confidence with the Corza. I hope it keeps going.

Kevin
I haven't dropped the head cover. I did leave my 60 degree wedge green side last week. I haven't done that in ages. I realized it 3 holes later. My partner moved the cart on me and I always lay them between the green and the cart.

I'm rolling the TM 770 so great right now that when I pick up another putter I'm always dissapointed. I think I am going to slip out and play tomorrow and the goal is for 0 three putts.

i am loving this putter more and more everyday. to date all the putters Ive rolled. Seemore - mallet - mfgp2 private reserve: loved it on lags, hated it under 10. nike method 001: loved it under 10 feet, hated lags.

tm 880 - its a winner... my miss is to push it right, where i think i miss it out on the toe a bit, causing it rotate open, and slightly push it ever so much right - and miss the hole. Have to be consciious of that with a heel shafted putter.

30 putts today. Greens were less than ideal and had been punched a week ago.

I nicked the bottom of my putter on the sidewalk. The paint comes off very easily. Bummed, but now she has some battle scars and character.

i am loving this putter more and more everyday. to date all the putters Ive rolled. Seemore - mallet - mfgp2 private reserve: loved it on lags, hated it under 10. nike method 001: loved it under 10 feet, hated lags.

tm 880 - its a winner... my miss is to push it right, where i think i miss it out on the toe a bit, causing it rotate open, and slightly push it ever so much right - and miss the hole. Have to be consciious of that with a heel shafted putter.
Glad it's working for you. Nice shooting today. Sounds like she was kicking some ass for you. Well done!

The TM-770 and I are in love from 12 feet and in. I can't miss from that distance, I just need to spend a lot more time with lag putting.

The TM-770 and I are in love from 12 feet and in. I can't miss from that distance, I just need to spend a lot more time with lag putting.

Impressive! Being deadly within 12 feet on putts is something many people would kill for. Good work!

That's awesome CB! I would love to be a little more consistent with putts over 5'.

I love everything about my TM-180, but I think I have the yips. There is a slight "waggle" when I begin my waggle and it's throwing my stroke off. I have been working on it on the green, but it creeps back in from time to time. I did have a decent putting round tonight though. Made 4 putts for bird and a few nice ones to save par. I also missed a few straight 4-6 footers.

That's awesome CB! I would love to be a little more consistent with putts over 5'.

I love everything about my TM-180, but I think I have the yips. There is a slight "waggle" when I begin my waggle and it's throwing my stroke off. I have been working on it on the green, but it creeps back in from time to time. I did have a decent putting round tonight though. Made 4 putts for bird and a few nice ones to save par. I also missed a few straight 4-6 footers.

I feel you man, I missed a bunch of makeable birdie putts tonight but its all good, next time. Right now, putting is the least of my concerns. I really need the beautiful TM irons to show up at my house. Right now I'm putting a lot of pressure on my putter by putting the ball into the wrong sections of greens, and at my course, this is death. You have to be on the right levels of the greens or sometimes, a 3 putt will be good.

I feel you man, I missed a bunch of makeable birdie putts tonight but its all good, next time. Right now, putting is the least of my concerns. I really need the beautiful TM irons to show up at my house. Right now I'm putting a lot of pressure on my putter by putting the ball into the wrong sections of greens, and at my course, this is death. You have to be on the right levels of the greens or sometimes, a 3 putt will be good.

Damn, your greens must be super undulated. Yeah, I can't wait to pull in the driveway and see everyone's favorite box on the porch.

Damn, your greens must be super undulated. Yeah, I can't wait to pull in the driveway and see everyone's favorite box on the porch.

They are pretty crazy, I think Nicklaus was angry when he designed the greens, like really mean.

I'm rolling the TM 770 so great right now that when I pick up another putter I'm always dissapointed. I think I am going to slip out and play tomorrow and the goal is for 0 three putts.

Glad to hear your rolling it well breeze. I love my putter and the feel but playing at a certain course at the AM really f'ed up my putting. I am getting nowhere near the hole on lag putts and have 0 confidence when it comes to putts right now. My stroke is a bit wonky all of a sudden so I'm doing some work with a few buddies to get it fixed. When you post your scores, post how many putts you have once in a while (if you track them) I'd be curious to see how your doing.

I track ally stats...from last year to this year with the new ghost 880, my putts went from 1.914 to 1.893 per hole. Not a lot but over the past 5 rounds that number I'd down to 1.804 . That saves me about 2-3 shots a round. It is still the worst part of my game and I am working on it, but the new ghost has helped in the 6-10 foot range. :)

Tappin the keg!

I track everything too; I'm really seeing amazing results with the ghost. It lines up well which I think Saves me. The roll it puts on the ball is true and produces a great forward roll;

The Nike did a great job with fwd roll bit you didn't have the feel you have with the ghost.

TM did a great job with this line.

I track ally stats...from last year to this year with the new ghost 880, my putts went from 1.914 to 1.893 per hole. Not a lot but over the past 5 rounds that number I'd down to 1.804 . That saves me about 2-3 shots a round. It is still the worst part of my game and I am working on it, but the new ghost has helped in the 6-10 foot range. :)

Tappin the keg!
That's tremendous! Are you finding that the new grip is better than what you had?

That's tremendous! Are you finding that the new grip is better than what you had?

Yup. The new grip and new stroke, I now just step up and hit the putt rather than standing over it for long periods.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Yup. The new grip and new stroke, I now just step up and hit the putt rather than standing over it for long periods.

I like the sound of that. Nice work.

Had a nice round with the Corza today with 29 putts. I did leave three or four just short. Our greens are painfully slow. I can't wait to putt on something with some speed. I think it's the combination of the weight and the insert, but the ball is rolling nicely. Gracie and I played 9 holes today with her swing coach, he constantly hassles me about how I strike the ball with the putter, but today he gave me the ultimate compliment. "You're actually rolling the ball." lol.

Kevin

36 putts today. Which sounds high, but I had a lot of looks at par. I must have had ten roll over a lip, lip out, or miss by an inch.

The ball was rolling great, right on the line I picked- but I must be mis reading them.

Saw so many roll right up to the cup and literally miss by less than a ball width.

I'm getting there.

i just changed my putting routine also. follow dave stockton's Putt to Win DVD just go up and hit it. has helped a ton with my putting. im looking to change the grip on my Ghost Spider too im between an iomic grip and the superstroke slim. have to let us know how you like the bigger grip ive never used a large grip like that before.

i just changed my putting routine also. follow dave stockton's Putt to Win DVD just go up and hit it. has helped a ton with my putting. im looking to change the grip on my Ghost Spider too im between an iomic grip and the superstroke slim. have to let us know how you like the bigger grip ive never used a large grip like that before.

As I stated before I had the Superstroke Slim on it before and took it off. I went with the iomic standard size (My hands are small) and I could not be happier. The balance for the putter is MUCH better with the IOmic grip IMHO. With the Superstroke, I didn't feel like I knew where the head of the putter was.

That is exactly what I am doing with the putting. "Putt like a kid - just go up and hit it" No practice stroke, not a lot of thinking, Pick a line, Stand in there, draw it back and boom hit it.

thanks ordered the Iomic grip today

Back