TaylorMade STEALTH Fairways, Hybrids and Irons

Have to admit I really like the looks of these fairways and hybrids.

Me too. I've always had good luck with the TM hybrids, and I think these look great. Definitely look forward to demo'ing them.

Oh those irons are just fugly to me! ugh... not pleasant to look at..

i can't decide if i want to go back to a 15* 3W or stick with the 3HL

Saw a review of the Stealth irons and the reviewer stated the 7 iron was low launch, low spin. If true, this seems to be a sub optimal combination for us moderate speed golfers....

Last edited:
It seems so odd to me to call something the death of the metal wood and then release a full line of metal woods, minus the driver. But I am very odd.

It seems so odd to me to call something the death of the metal wood and then release a full line of metal woods, minus the driver. But I am very odd.

The + looks cool. The rest could be repurposed SIM2 woods and I am not sure I could tell the difference at the moment.

I actually like the looks of the Stealth irons. Simple and clean compared to the Sim and Sim2 irons.

I haven't been very successful with TM hybrids or the recent fairway woods, but they look good.

Rick Shiels posted an interesting review on YT comparing to SIm2. Almost exact same performance for him. I’m still guessing people will flock to this, especially with Cat gaming the driver at the PNC.

A couple of good pics of the composite cap inside the Stealth irons.

Screenshot-2022-01-03-at-17.43.56-768x483.png

Screenshot-2022-01-03-at-17.44.03-768x626.png

Would've been better to call it "the death of the metal driver" lol....

Either way, the carbon face reminds me of the Callaway C4 driver (over 20 years old)....clearly was ahead of its time.

What was shocking to me, was, back in 2001, the C4 was a whopping $540!?!?!?!? and, as per the THP page on it below, adjusting for inflation that club would be $740 in comparison....wow.

Callaway-Big-Bertha-C4-Driver-9-Degree-Firm-Flex-Callaway-C4-CADC4007-154564301718.jpg

00409263__2.jpg

Another good one @Jman, man have you been busy! The plus looks awesome and as always I'm sure it will be a beast of a fairway

Another good one @Jman, man have you been busy! The plus looks awesome and as always I'm sure it will be a beast of a fairway
Thanks buddy! Yeah, I might’ve gone cross eyed a few times! :LOL:

So I went to the pga superstore today to kill some time. I'm not in the market for a driver since I got the epic speed last season but I am always open to new and shiny :) considering It takes alot to kick a hybrid or a fairway out of my bag....

I walked over to the fitting bays however the queue was about 5 people long and didn't feel like waiting.... but I did pick up a Stealth fairway and unfortunately I wasn't impressed. My initial impression on the crown was "cheap" and it looked like a sticker was stuck on top.

Now again, this is just a visual opinion so I can't comment on performance. It felt good in the "waggle test" but looking down at it unfortunately just didn't suit my eye.

As for the driver, the heads were locked up in a small Glass case so I couldn't see the crown but the face and sole looks cool for sure.
58bd0f7fa0342849776e501efbd70f65.jpg
5b963a25a7923da56b81523ef55d62e7.jpg
1a003f4c58053724e1d3a42f8a088468.jpg
721bfb02c3da7d96866be9399978f9e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fondled the fws for a few this afternoon. The Ti looks great in the 3 and 5. Wish they would just make a 3HL in the Ti.

I am intrigued by the irons. They look good so far. Everything else is meh for me.

all the love is going to the drivers naturally but gotta say the stealth+ fairway is very fun to hit. I havent carried a 3w since the original SIM released but ive ordered this and will play it at 17*. Love the look behind the ball and seemed to be plenty forgiving

and of course very hot off the face again

The Stealth Plus Rescue seems to be getting ignored. I am curious to say the least. I need a club that is adjustable and fits directly between 21 and 24 degrees. That is a 210 to 225 carry club.

Are these hybrids basically the same size as the Callaway Apex/pro hybrids? Same theory?

I am intrigued by the irons. They look good so far. Everything else is meh for me.

These irons look really nice for the category. The Plus Rescue caught my eye for some reason.

I think the irons look really good in their category. Anyone hit them yet?

I think the irons look really good in their category. Anyone hit them yet?

I have not hit them but I agree on the looks. Every time I see them I like them more and more.

So I went to the pga superstore today to kill some time. I'm not in the market for a driver since I got the epic speed last season but I am always open to new and shiny :) considering It takes alot to kick a hybrid or a fairway out of my bag....

I walked over to the fitting bays however the queue was about 5 people long and didn't feel like waiting.... but I did pick up a Stealth fairway and unfortunately I wasn't impressed. My initial impression on the crown was "cheap" and it looked like a sticker was stuck on top.

Now again, this is just a visual opinion so I can't comment on performance. It felt good in the "waggle test" but looking down at it unfortunately just didn't suit my eye.

As for the driver, the heads were locked up in a small Glass case so I couldn't see the crown but the face and sole looks cool for sure.
58bd0f7fa0342849776e501efbd70f65.jpg
5b963a25a7923da56b81523ef55d62e7.jpg
1a003f4c58053724e1d3a42f8a088468.jpg
721bfb02c3da7d96866be9399978f9e2.jpg

Your comment about appearing 'cheap' is really all I have thought when seeing the crowns of the drivers/FWs in picture. I haven't made it to a shop yet to see them in person but the top definitely looks like a dollar store sticker version of the real deal.
The "Stealth" along the bottom first appeared like a bubbling sticker to me, before I realized what it was.

Your comment about appearing 'cheap' is really all I have thought when seeing the crowns of the drivers/FWs in picture. I haven't made it to a shop yet to see them in person but the top definitely looks like a dollar store sticker version of the real deal.
The "Stealth" along the bottom first appeared like a bubbling sticker to me, before I realized what it was.
I can't comment on the crown of the driver but yes, the fairway food crown was very off-putting to me. I may be a bit biased but the Taylormade M3/M4 blended crown, to me at least looks much better.

I took some swings with the Stealth 22* hybrid. The shaft was Hzrdus Red, 6.0. It is a really good club. The Hzrdus Red felt incredible through the swing. The ball speeds and consistency were really good for that class of hybrid. I could easily have it in my bag. I doubt I will swing one again, because I am set up with the Callaway UW in 21*, but if I were looking, this would definitely be on my list, if I could get that shaft.

as long as this snowstorm here doesnt mess anything up, I should have the 3w and 3h today!

The Stealth Plus Rescue seems to be getting ignored. I am curious to say the least. I need a club that is adjustable and fits directly between 21 and 24 degrees. That is a 210 to 225 carry club.

Are these hybrids basically the same size as the Callaway Apex/pro hybrids? Same theory?
Their hybrids have imo been the best club of the last two releases from TM. They’re really really good.

Back