TaylorMade STEALTH Fairways, Hybrids and Irons

I have now hit the Stealth Plus 3 and 5 woods, the Stealth Rescue (hybrid) and the Stealth Plus Rescue. Every one of these profiles is fantastic. Arccos has my Smart Distance at 263 yards with the 3 wood, which is massive for me. The one thing that is ironic is that some have been concerned about the durability of the Stealth driver, with the carbon face. I am seeing more wear on the face of the Stealth 3 wood, which I have only used for a couple of rounds.

95033694-8287-4CD0-8EE6-A3DFA3BEEAE3.jpeg

Ordered the Stealth irons on a whim last month, they show up this coming Tuesday. Will put a few rounds on them this week and see. I’m still loving my PXG GEN3 P/T combo with UST Darts so I’m not looking to change but a little variety is always nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the sound of the Stealth fairway...I was always drawn to the older metallic "ting" sound, but the "thud" on the Stealth 3w while it just takes off is just something else.

I have no way to explain the physics of it. I only know what I saw with my own eyes.

Tonight, I stopped in my local shop to get a couple of clubs regripped. There was an open bay and a 21* Super Hybrid was sitting there, set standard with a stiff shaft. I was hitting it pretty well. After my grip had set, I compared my 22* Stealth Plus (which was lofted up to 23.5*). I was getting better ball speed and launch with the Stealth Plus. The dispersion was better as well. The head size is so much smaller with the Stealth Plus that there is no question which one looks better behind the ball. The Stealth Plus was the winner across the board. It was quite a surprise to me.

I'll say that Cobra sure missed the boat on this one by stopping their hybrid line at 5 or 24 degrees. The Stealth Rescue in 6 and 7 look mighty tempting. I'm thinking about easy outs from fairway bunkers. Has anyone ever compared these to the Sim 2 Max Rescues? Just wondering.

As good as the driver is, the Stealth Plus 3 wood might be better. Arccos now has my 3 wood Smart Distance at 270 yards. Today, I had a 279 yard tee shot with this club and that was into a bit of wind. It is crazy long for me.

D8704038-C202-4B8E-A16B-CC4CE316F777.jpeg677F84DC-8516-4C3E-AD0C-3A1C8945A74D.jpeg

For the lefties out there my new irons haven't had a chance to hit them yet .

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1696.jpg
    IMG_1696.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1697.jpg
    IMG_1697.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 23
Surprised there isn't more buzz here - these Stealth FW and TM FW in general seem to be absolute monsters.

For the lefties out there my new irons haven't had a chance to hit them yet .

these look so clean, I’m really liking them. Love seeing more lefty’s too, ha.

TM has had the driver and woods dialed in for a long time. It's easy to see why so many players game them. I will buy the new Stealth driver and 3 wood after my fitting. They will replace my current TM driver and 3 wood. That being said, all my wedges are Titleist which are superb, the MG3 were almost put in the bag as well.

TM has had the driver and woods dialed in for a long time. It's easy to see why so many players game them. I will buy the new Stealth driver and 3 wood after my fitting. They will replace my current TM driver and 3 wood. That being said, all my wedges are Titleist which are superb, the MG3 were almost put in the bag as well.
Not to dissuade you but I wouldn't pigeon hole yourself into one brand. Their metal woods are outstanding, yes, but don't sleep on Cobra or Callaway or heck even Tour Edge. Everyone is making some pretty stellar stuff right now.

In my fitting, the fitter went with Stealth first thinking that would win out easily...I might have hit the Stealth the worst out of the bunch...then moved to Callaway, Cobra, Ping and only the Ping and Cobra stood out on the LM and visually on the range. Funnily enough I hit the Stealth FW the best and it wasn't close...so YMMV, but try everything you can because sometimes another company might surprise you

Also, during my fitting, another member at the club came in with another Stealth that they were demoing and said, "Thanks, but no thanks, we saw better #'s with the current Sim 2"

I have 2 clubs left in my bag I haven't been fit for- fairway wood and the putter.

FW is an M2 3 wood HL (16.5 degrees so 4 wood really). I got it and my putter off gumtree for £75 which was a bargain but I do wonder if an 18 degree FW might actually suit better. I can hit it quite well off the deck but I think a strong 5 wood (18 degrees) might actually suit better, especially since I'll almost exclusively hit driver off the tee anyway. Liking the look of the Stealth, might just be the time to give it a look.

I continue to really enjoy the stealth hybrid. While the drivers and fw's get way more talk, I honestly think the hybrid is the best of the bunch.

As good as the driver is, the Stealth Plus 3 wood might be better. Arccos now has my 3 wood Smart Distance at 270 yards. Today, I had a 279 yard tee shot with this club and that was into a bit of wind. It is crazy long for me.

View attachment 9080022View attachment 9080024
I got very similar results off the tee with the Stealth Plus 3 wood as well. Really love it off the tee, feels like a driver. I can fly it off the deck but I'm at 50/50 at hitting it with a small cut or a big slice. I think it really just comes down to working on it at the range more.

It is by far the easiest launching fw I've hit. If I can get to 80/20 off the deck it will be a real weapon.

I continue to really enjoy the stealth hybrid. While the drivers and fw's get way more talk, I honestly think the hybrid is the best of the bunch.
How is this part of your bag set up?

I would give their 3 HL a try to see how it competes with your Epic Flash 4w, since you like their hybrid so much

How is this part of your bag set up?

I have the 22. That goes into my 5 iron. 4W and heavenwood at the top as of now. Subject to change.

Looking forward to higher launch and more carry with the Stealth 5 hybrid and 7 wood in-between my 30° 6 iron and 12° driver.

Recently bought a like new condition sim2 3hl FW and it is store easy to got.

Debating getting a Ti 3 wood of I can launch it on from the deck.
Can get a very good deal on the Sim2Ti with aLin-q people shaft or is the new stealth model that much better that it would cost me nearly double but would be new with stock shaft and could trade in towards it?

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Recently bought a like new condition sim2 3hl FW and it is store easy to got.

Debating getting a Ti 3 wood of I can launch it on from the deck.
Can get a very good deal on the Sim2Ti with aLin-q people shaft or is the new stealth model that much better that it would cost me nearly double but would be new with stock shaft and could trade in towards it?

I'll just say it all depends...

Ti will be lower spinning and require significant club head speed. How are you liking the flight of the 3HL off the fairway?

Just for fun here was one of my 16.5° 3w shots today. I was hitting them on the virtual range and was varying between 225-240 carry normally, 225 was off the heel and cut back to my target line nicely but felt like a terrible shot. Then at the end I just said let's see what this can do when I swing out of my shoes at it...mind you perfect strike and I doubt I swing that hard and make perfect contact regularly :LOL: didn't grab the spin in the picture but it was 2,700-2,800 from memory

image.png

The 3HL launches get easy in the Sim2 max.
If I can get anywhere close to this territory with the Sim2 titanium I could see another 10-15 yards.

I bought the Stealth 3HL. So far it is an awesome club. First Taylormade club for me since the SLDR. Much easier to hit than that one.

Back