Taylormade Stealth UDI and Stealth DHY

Nice write up.. interesting deal. So is the inverted come and lighter foam the biggest changes with this one?

No, I use mine off the deck on longer par 5's too. Confidence is high when I pull it from the bag.
Hmm good to know thanks. I always thought of these as tee shot only clubs, but it appears that's probably not a proper thought.

Looking at the Taylormade website and have a sincere question: with the Stealth Rescue Plus being available through the lower part of the bag, isn’t the DHY kinda redundant in expected performance? I can’t imagine the Plus would have a massive ball flight.

Looking at the Taylormade website and have a sincere question: with the Stealth Rescue Plus being available through the lower part of the bag, isn’t the DHY kinda redundant in expected performance? I can’t imagine the Plus would have a massive ball flight.
Pretty different clubs in my opinion based on looks alone. Performance could be similar ball flight wise but that subjective appearance side is there.

Pretty different clubs in my opinion based on looks alone. Performance could be similar ball flight wise but that subjective appearance side is there.
I haven’t seen the DHY in person I was just thinking of how narrow the sole seemed on the Rescue Plus. I was considering CG placement but kept coming back to looks as well.

Pre-order already in. cant wait!!

Always intrigued by driving irons. The UDI looks good and would give it a few swings.

Nice! Did it give you a date? Saw 7/15 mentioned earlier but not sure it was for these.
At checkout it did estimate 7/15

I’m very curious. Very.

20220706_153312.jpg

Compared to the SIM. Pretty close visually for those that liked it.

20220706_154849.jpg

That's about as much spin as I can put on the 20*. Today at least. I can move it faster, but it flattens out for me like it's its job. Which I think it kind of is, but flat and hot is tough for me. Maybe better for someone who adds a bit or plans to use it off the tee. I turn it a bit and got down in the 2600 range with CSX.

Would be fun to try both of them and see how they compare to each other and to my current utility

View attachment 9102265

That's about as much spin as I can put on the 20*. Today at least. I can move it faster, but it flattens out for me like it's its job. Which I think it kind of is, but flat and hot is tough for me. Maybe better for someone who adds a bit or plans to use it off the tee. I turn it a bit and got down in the 2600 range with CSX.
That distance is ridiculous. How does that compare to similar clubs for you?

I'll have to hit the DHY next time. Not sure the UDI is for me even though I prefer the look of it.

I knew I was going to play and didn't want to hit too much there, so I hit some with the 20* UDI and then my similarly lofted Fli-Hi to get back in the groove to play. No DHY even though it's more similar to the Fli-Hi I think.

+ I liked that it was easy to work both ways
+ I actually could kick up some spin with it if I tried. Not a lot, but some
+ Felt pretty decent out of the middle
+ Could move it to the right without it spinning up

- Definitely on the lower forgiveness side. Been complaining about workability with mine. Well this will work L/R, and maybe more than you want. Lol
- Not as launchy as I expected. 10.4* average for me today with the Ascent shaft, which may have played a role.
- Had a couple 10 launch sub 3k spin ones on solid strikes
- A heel-y one lost a little more speed than I expected

Seems kind of long and skinny-short. Felt like that might show up if you moved up or down a couple grooves.

10 swings and deviations were 3.5 mph ball, .6 degree launch, 8y carry, 657 rpm spin, which is a little wide for me, even trying to move it around some. Really only kind of missed that one on the heel.

That distance is ridiculous. How does that compare to similar clubs for you?
Well I don't have one set up right now or would have hit it to compare. Took my 21* XFUT apart. I did hit my Fli-Hi, and it was a little higher, and a little straighter, with tighter deviations. Different shaft though and little different type of head. I think my XFUT, from past sessions, would have been somewhere in between.

I'll have to hit the DHY next time. Not sure the UDI is for me even though I prefer the look of it.

I knew I was going to play and didn't want to hit too much there, so I hit some with the 20* UDI and then my similarly lofted Fli-Hi to get back in the groove to play. No DHY even though it's more similar to the Fli-Hi I think.

+ I liked that it was easy to work both ways
+ I actually could kick up some spin with it if I tried. Not a lot, but some
+ Felt pretty decent out of the middle
+ Could move it to the right without it spinning up

- Definitely on the lower forgiveness side. Been complaining about workability with mine. Well this will work L/R, and maybe more than you want. Lol
- Not as launchy as I expected. 10.4* average for me today with the Ascent shaft, which may have played a role.
- Had a couple 10 launch sub 3k spin ones on solid strikes
- A heel-y one lost a little more speed than I expected

Seems kind of long and skinny-short. Felt like that might show up if you moved up or down a couple grooves.

10 swings and deviations were 3.5 mph ball, .6 degree launch, 8y carry, 657 rpm spin, which is a little wide for me, even trying to move it around some. Really only kind of missed that one on the heel.
Awesome feedback. May be a dumb question, but was this all off a tee or a mat?

Awesome feedback. May be a dumb question, but was this all off a tee or a mat?
Mat. That's what is currently and always does give me pause. I can usually swing a little freer and launch the ball a little better outdoors. I was really trying to get down on it to kick up some spin. Still seemed pretty flat on trajectory though. I could hit that through any wind.

I’m a sucker…knew these would be in the bag this week and now I’m looking at a 4 DHY

Former HS kiddo bought the 2 UDI, it’s a riot.

Former HS kiddo bought the 2 UDI, it’s a riot.

And knowing the SS some of your former players have had I bet he hits rockets with it.

They were at the PGASS and actually had demos. Pounded a few and numbers were good. I hit the older model for comparison. Pretty similar. Didn't have any tees so was hitting off the mat, a harder task I think anyway for someone wanting a variety and not just a tee shot.

Going to take mine in tomorrow and put them side by side for numbers and see if it makes sense. Right now it doesn't look that way but maybe the shaft I use could bring it to life for me.

I believe this is the newer version of the UDI I have:
20220721_152539.jpg20220721_152526.jpg
Will see how it compares to mine and then make the call.

Well that didn't show much promise. Was a bit tired after the round this morning so was giving them both some smooth swings off the deck. I never can hit freely in a bay so it's good to have a gamer baseline. Especially with the bad wilson balls they have in there. Should have gone out to my truck and grab my ball, but was lazy.
20220722_120752.jpg
Granted the shafts weren't the same and maybe a custom order with it might bring it alive. Is it worth the $407 dollars to find out? I don't believe so as mine does just fine.

Let down a little, but the pocketbook doesn't mind.

Well that didn't show much promise. Was a bit tired after the round this morning so was giving them both some smooth swings off the deck. I never can hit freely in a bay so it's good to have a gamer baseline. Especially with the bad wilson balls they have in there. Should have gone out to my truck and grab my ball, but was lazy.
View attachment 9106053
Granted the shafts weren't the same and maybe a custom order with it might bring it alive. Is it worth the $407 dollars to find out? I don't believe so as mine does just fine.

Let down a little, but the pocketbook doesn't mind.
I totally get the laziness part. I do that all of the time 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: J4U
I am really concidering the DHY 22 degree 4 iron. I absolutely love the look and feel. I've played with the 5 iron version for a while but it had the steel shaft.... IMO it meets 3 needs.

Tee club for long par 3's, for me > 180
Tee club for shorter par 3's. < 330
Second shot on par 5's

I have a 25 11 wood and it's okay but I would rather stick with irons throughout the set until I hit driver.

Back