TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 Hybrid Review Thread

so the stock shaft in the TM SF 2.0 hybrids is a Fujikkura ? Anyone know what the specs are on that ? other than weight, high or low kick points ? or are those options they even make in the hb .. Thanks

Stock shaft is Aldila Re Ax 60. Don't know much about the kick points but it is light weight and has high torque.

Thanks Spank, BTW, you did a GREAT job on all your testing with this club ! Thanks for all your hard work, I liked that video clip you put in there too..... yur swing is looking great !

E
I hit one last week in GG and liked the head but wasn't too crazy about the stock Fujikura. Found a new "demo" not a mark for $100 today. Purchased it. Taking it to the course tomorrow. Nothing beats taking a untested.. unhit club to the course.

I did see some comments regarding shafts and not all being right for everyone. This is so true. I agree with the fact that with this club the selling point like the entire line is speed. My early thoughts the other day was a concern with the shaft. I was not liking the results or the shaft but I was off... my tempo was way too quick. My tempo is slow going back... slow transition....slow going down then step on it where it matters. Thus far with my swing all of the stock shafts have worked giving me no reason to invest in after-market shafts.

Alex

Hey Alex ..... do they sell this club up there with the Fujikura shaft 'stock' ?

It's my understanding that here in the states that they come stock with Aldila Re Ax 60..

EDIT:
Never mind Alex, Thanks.... I found this:

TaylorMade (by Fujikura) r7 RE-AX 60
s_tm_reax-60.jpg
FlexWeight (g)Torque (°)Butt SizeTip SizeTrajectoryBuild Length
X653.5.600.350High45"
S653.5.600.350High45"
R584.6.600.350High45"
M564.6.600.350High45"

Thanks !

For those receiving these clubs from THP for long term testing, this is the thread for you to post your feedback and reviews in.

taylormade-burner-superfast-rescue.jpg

Anyone know ?

Was there a review on the home page for these ? or a review by one of the THP Staff on these ? If so could you please provide me with a link.

Thanks much for your help !

I had a hit of these the other day and they are better in almost every way than my current hybrid. My local golf shop has a sale on tomorrow so I'm going to go down and have a look and if the price is right I'll be coming home with a brand new hybrid.

Anyone know ?

Was there a review on the home page for these ? or a review by one of the THP Staff on these ? If so could you please provide me with a link.

Thanks much for your help !

No review done on the home page nor from THP staff I believe.

Went to have a look at these today and couldn't decide between the burner 2.0 and the rescue 11. I was hitting the burner further but the 11 was going more accurately. I don't know if it has to do with the mat they have there. It's very stiff fibre and I couldn't hit an iron well off it either.
I'll wait until after Christmas and see what kinda deal I can get on them. The burner should go down in price now the rocketballz have been announced.

Thanks Spank ....

so, today after my lesson I'm chatting with the pro ...and end up with a SF 2.0 4-21 stiff demo to work with. So I hit it about 30 times on the range and then went out for 9 holes. Upon my return to the range I hit it again about 30 or so times. In a word I can sum this up

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN, I love that club !!! I was hitting it about 170 yards like a stripe was painted down range !! Loved the trajectory, nice and HIGH, not balloon like but much nicer than my 7 wood. I'd dump my 7 wood in a heartbeat to put this in my bag!! I consider it ALREADY done, but need to hit the R flex before I pull the trigger. So I told him let me know if he could find me a 3, 4, or 5 SF 2.0 in a R flex so that I could TEST IT against that S that I hit today. As soon as that is done, I'll have one or more of these in my bag!

AWESOME did I say that ?

Look, nothing makes up for a bad swing, but I hit a few shots off the toe and the only thing that I lost was maybe 5 yards, but it was STILL ON LINE !!! Now that's forgiving, and it still had a nice med/high trajectory on it too !!

SOUND, wow, I never hit a club that sounded like this, and I REALLY LIKED the sound of it !

SOOOOOO much easier to hit than traditional irons. I could NEVER hit a 4I like that!

White, I like white, the color suits me fine and I was not in the least distracted by the graphics on the head. I like it actually. The only time I see that is when I'm LOOKING at the club, so when I'm addressing the ball none of that stuff is in my view really. I like the style of looking like a WOOD more so than the design of say the Adams or Callaway hybrids - nothing wrong with them just a personal preference thing.

Price - I know that the prices are coming down on these clubs, even faster now with the release of the RBZ line. I see at Dicks and EW these are $130, my Pro will sell them to me for $110 - tax included.

Next on my hit list will be to demo the SF 2.0 3 & 5 fairway woods.

Amazing club but I ended up switching for the Rescue 11 3-hybrid because distance was so close with my 7-wood.

I have been eye-balling (and demoing) these recently and am really leaning toward 2 of these for next year - probably 3 & 4 depending on gapping. I'm planning on new irons being 5-GW as I hate my 4 iron.

Based on some fantastic results with the hybrids, I decided to give the 18* 5 wood and 16.5* 4 wood a try yesterday on the simulator and I think I've found my next fairway wood as well. I was killing these when struck well. In dress shoes and having not played in 4 weeks my swing was a little funky, but on the good ones I saw 215-225 carry with the 5w and 230+ with the 4w!!! Again I'm just waiting to nail down the gaps (figure I'll get the irons first and build out from there) but I think one of these is going in my bag next year.

Thanks Spank ....

so, today after my lesson I'm chatting with the pro ...and end up with a SF 2.0 4-21 stiff demo to work with. So I hit it about 30 times on the range and then went out for 9 holes. Upon my return to the range I hit it again about 30 or so times. In a word I can sum this up

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN, I love that club !!! I was hitting it about 170 yards like a stripe was painted down range !! Loved the trajectory, nice and HIGH, not balloon like but much nicer than my 7 wood. I'd dump my 7 wood in a heartbeat to put this in my bag!! I consider it ALREADY done, but need to hit the R flex before I pull the trigger. So I told him let me know if he could find me a 3, 4, or 5 SF 2.0 in a R flex so that I could TEST IT against that S that I hit today. As soon as that is done, I'll have one or more of these in my bag!

AWESOME did I say that ?

Look, nothing makes up for a bad swing, but I hit a few shots off the toe and the only thing that I lost was maybe 5 yards, but it was STILL ON LINE !!! Now that's forgiving, and it still had a nice med/high trajectory on it too !!

SOUND, wow, I never hit a club that sounded like this, and I REALLY LIKED the sound of it !

SOOOOOO much easier to hit than traditional irons. I could NEVER hit a 4I like that!

White, I like white, the color suits me fine and I was not in the least distracted by the graphics on the head. I like it actually. The only time I see that is when I'm LOOKING at the club, so when I'm addressing the ball none of that stuff is in my view really. I like the style of looking like a WOOD more so than the design of say the Adams or Callaway hybrids - nothing wrong with them just a personal preference thing.

Price - I know that the prices are coming down on these clubs, even faster now with the release of the RBZ line. I see at Dicks and EW these are $130, my Pro will sell them to me for $110 - tax included.

Next on my hit list will be to demo the SF 2.0 3 & 5 fairway woods.

Well it looks like another burner hybrid to a happy customer. Glad you enjoyed these and please don't hesitate to update some more when you buy them. I can definitely see more activity off the shelf on these since the prices will be coming down with the new RBZ lines coming out.

Personally, I'd like to see if I can compare this to the new RBZ line to see what the differences are.

Been playing at least 10 rounds with these clubs.. got a mixed bag really, when days are hot, they really are just SUPERB... 4-21deg hybrids getting close to 200-205 yards.. wow... long and straight..

Had a 210 yard par 3 yesterday, slightly upslope with narrow approach green, teed up, breathed easy and one on ... muddled my putt and ended up with a bogey but hey.. we're not reviewing the putter here....

The contact on these babies are just sweet.. with my 75S Motores they just become more stable with my quick transition...

So if you're looking to compare between the R11 hybrids and the Burner SF 2.0, I have the R11 in the store collecting dust, the SF 2.0 is staying in my bag after around 1 month of battering and abuse on the course.....

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. After reading posts on here I decided to spend just a little more and am going to get the 3H and 4H for my bag. Thanks again!

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. After reading posts on here I decided to spend just a little more and am going to get the 3H and 4H for my bag. Thanks again!

I still have my Burner 2.0 3 Hybrid in the bag, It is a great club. Thanks again THP and Taylormade for the fantastic opportunity.

I've given up on my super fast. I have the 3h and its a hook monster for me. If I set up with the face open a bit I hit it straight but lose distance. I hit it mid trajactory 30 yards left of where it started about every time. I loved it when I tested on the track man indoors, but I have no confidence with it. I baby my 3w instead. I'm glad everyone loves this club, but Im done with it.

Back