TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 Hybrid Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those receiving these clubs from THP for long term testing, this is the thread for you to post your feedback and reviews in.

taylormade-burner-superfast-rescue.jpg

Can't wait to read what the testers think about these!

I was a big fan of the previous generation SF hybrids. Looking forward to see how the new ones perform. Good luck testers!

I can't wait until I can get my hands on this. I'm stoked to be getting the chance to review this hybrid.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

This will be a fun thread to check out. I'm betting we see some great reviews on these.

2.0 hybrids!

a6cd0cd6-7cb2-0913.jpg

JB- do I post in this thread or is there a separate 2.0 FW thread? I am on my phone so if there is another thread I am not seeing it.

Just from pictures this club looks extremely sleek and hopefully tomorrow I'll get some eyes on this beauty.

Looking forward to this thread

Got to hit the SuperFast 2.0 Rescue today on a launch monitor at the local Roger Dunn. Nice looking club and headcover. Easy to hit and it feels great. I have the 2008 Burner Rescue and it feels pretty similar. I hit the 18* 240 yards on the launch monitor but in my experience, the launch monitors at Roger Dunn tend to pad your stats by about 20 yards. The one thing I didn't like about the 2.0 Rescue was that it launches the ball really high with lots of backspin.

Another thing I noticed was that other than the white color scheme, there isn't a real difference between last year's SuperLaunch Rescue and the SuperFast 2.0 Rescue. The SuperFast 2.0 driver has a different head shape and deeper face than the previous model. As far as I could tell, the SuperFast 2.0 Rescue has the exact same head shape and face depth as the previous model. According to the specs online, the lie, head volume, length, swing weight, and shaft for the 18* SuperFast 2.0 Rescue are exactly the same as last year's SuperLaunch. Just to be sure I wasn't crazy, I grabbed a used SuperLaunch Rescue they had at the Roger Dunn and hit it side by side with the SuperFast 2.0 Rescue. For me, they felt the same and produced nearly identical numbers on the launch monitor. Yes, I think the white paint scheme looks better at address but that's a personal preference. If this were a blind test, I know I couldn't tell the difference and neither could the launch monitor.

I'm not trying to be negative but does a white paint job really count as an upgrade? If I am wrong about there not being any differences other than color, please let me know because I genuinely am interested in knowing how TaylorMade has improved this year's model over last year's.

In any case, even if there isn't much of a difference between this year's model and last year's model, it's still a really nice club. Wish I could have hit it side by side with my Mashie at an outdoor range. I think on this forum, a comparison/shootout between the two is inevitable.

I noticed you said you didn't like how it launched really high and had lots of Backspin. Isnt that what you would want though? Launch high and be able to hold greens? I know it's what kind of game you play so I really like a hybrid that launches high and lands soft. I have the superlaunch and I agree it does launch high which I like.

Guess I was just kind of confused why you didn't like how it launched high and had a good amount of Backspin. To me, that means a green seeking finder. But I understand that we all play different games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I really like the look of the white especially on the hybrid, it makes the head look oversized, which is also nice for my confidence. Can't wait for everyones review.

I noticed you said you didn't like how it launched really high and had lots of Backspin. Isnt that what you would want though? Launch high and be able to hold greens? I know it's
what kind of game you play so I really like a hybrid that launches high and lands soft. I have the superlaunch and I agree it does launch high which I like.

Guess I was just kind of confused why you didn't like how it launched high and had a good amount of Backspin. To me, that means a green seeking finder. But I understand that we all play different games.

I'd prefer that as well Bridges. I use my hybrid not necessarily for length (I have a 3W that I feel confident hitting off the deck for that) but for a long target. I like it more mid to high which I'll be looking for once I get this in play. Of course that could also be a result of the shaft which we could always swap out but then we would be getting ahead of ourselves now wouldn't we?

JB- do I post in this thread or is there a separate 2.0 FW thread? I am on my phone so if there is another thread I am not seeing it.

Sorry I missed your question koko. There is a separate FW thread.

I may have missed this, but is everyone testing the 3-18 deg?

Finally get to see and demo these clubs at Golf Galaxy tonight!

I may have missed this, but is everyone testing the 3-18 deg?

We didn't get any details but hopefully I'll have mine in hand later for the answer. I'm assuming it will be stock everything as well.

Just received it. It is a 3-18 deg with the stock REAX 60 shaft in stiff. This club looks super sexy in person and pics don't do it justice. I also noticed that pics of it make the head look much larger than in person (It is looks real sleek like a sports car). The white topline is exceptional and looks pretty at address. The face is shallow (much like my R9 3W) which I like. Pics to come and on course testing will be done tomorrow. I'm super excited to be a part of this testing and a huge thanks to THP and TaylorMade for allowing us members to be a part of this.

Just received it. It is a 3-18 deg with the stock REAX 60 shaft in stiff. This club looks super sexy in person and pics don't do it justice. I also noticed that pics of it make the head look much larger than in person (It is looks real sleek like a sports car). The white topline is exceptional and looks pretty at address. The face is shallow (much like my R9 3W) which I like. Pics to come and on course testing will be done tomorrow. I'm super excited to be a part of this testing and a huge thanks to THP and TaylorMade for allowing us members to be a part of this.

Right on Spanks! Looking forward to reading your reviews!

looking forward to yours and everyone else's thoughts on this man.

Alright spank! Looking forward to your pictures and your initial thoughts and impressions.

You said you liked the high launch and land soft kind of hybrid and if this is similar to the superLaunch (which I think it is) you are going to love it! Launches high, lands soft and the distance is awesome!

Spank, any pics my man?

Back