TaylorMade Takes Issue With Callaway

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
Received in a email from TM. Pretty lame in my opiniion.

Recently, Callaway has made a claim that they are the new #1 Driver on tour. They are trying to confuse the golfer. We have published the response below to set the record straight. Being the #1 Driver in Golf is something TaylorMade has earned and we hold that honor in high regard.

Dear Callaway,

Congratulations on your players' recent tour victories. We fully understand the excitement and sense of pride that comes from winning. In fact, two more tour professionals won this weekend with our drivers.

And, in the last 10 years, we've had 525 wins of our own. A full decade of domination. This is why we take exception with your claim of being the #1 Driver on Tour. Here's the truth.

TaylorMade is the #1 selling driver today and has been each year since 2004.

TaylorMade is #1 in worldwide tour wins today and has been over the last decade.

TaylorMade is the #1 played driver on tours worldwide today and has been over the last decade.

We hope this sets the record straight at Callaway and for anyone in golf who was confused.

Sincerely,
TaylorMade

lefty

Reaction score
Handicap

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
That is what I thought Lefty, petty.

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
Interesting post Vegan. Doesn't seem real (and I bet you had that same reaction as you were reading). If that was a press release or advertising ploy, I would probably put that employee on probation and send them to a shrink. I can understand how much weight being the #1 driver carries and they spend a lot of money to have that title, but I disagree with this form of advertising if indeed it is advertising. Maybe I am taking this out of context.

Edit: I hope that this did not come across as negative toward you Vegan, I am glad you posted this up.

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
Interesting post Vegan. Doesn't seem real (and I bet you had that same reaction as you were reading). If that was a press release or advertising ploy, I would probably put that employee on probation and send them to a shrink. I can understand how much weight being the #1 driver carries and they spend a lot of money to have that title, but I disagree with this form of advertising if indeed it is advertising. Maybe I am taking this out of context.

Edit: I hope that this did not come across as negative toward you Vegan, I am glad you posted this up.
It didn't come across wrong at all. I had the same reaction, is this really from TaylorMade when I was reading it. It came mail@news.taylormadegolf.com.

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Yup, same here, got the same e-mail.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
i received the same email and actually replied to it. i'll be interested to see if i get a response.

lindy72

Reaction score
Handicap
I also got that e-mail...and agree that it seems petty...

Osahar

Working on the swing
Reaction score
I had the same email. I haven't seen the Callaway ad(s) to see what the dispute is over. I can understand their reasoning for the email, in disputing claims by Callaway and setting the record straight. But I don't think a mass email was the best method of getting their message out there.

snicker.doodles

Substantially Revised.
Reaction score
Handicap
lowstimps
Re: TaylorMade Takes Issue With Callaway

it sounds like it was written by some angry message board troll.

tm never always disappoints.......

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
I think that is the whole issue I had with the email, what are they referring to where Callaway says they are #1? They send out a mass email to everyone on their list to counter a claim that apparently no one even knows was made by Callaway and it backfires in their face making them look petty. Fire that person who sent that email and those who approved it!

aca247

Reaction score
that email has taylormade coming off as cocky and arrogant. besides who cares if your #1 it wont influence me to buy your driver because i dont care about who makes the most tour drivers because i dont use them

NikeGolf

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
How does one even get on TM's email list?

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Re: TaylorMade Takes Issue With Callaway

NikeGolf said:
How does one even get on TM's email list?
I think they sent that out to everyone who entered in the burner giveaway.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I think you got it Spank. I just checked the email I used, and there it was!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The email is to dispute the press releases and latest magazine ads that say Callaway is the #1 driver on tour in 2010.

vicar

Banned
Reaction score
Received in a email from TM. Pretty lame in my opiniion.
your opinion is being echoed all over the place ... almost everyone is agreeing ... in the industry ...outside the industry ... people are laughing at taylormade for this bellyache and snivel song and dance ... coming across like a little kid having a temper tantrum who's able to dish it out but can't take it ... cracks me up whoever decided that email was a good idea ... lol woops ...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in