taylormade the marketing kings

chas

Reaction score
Handicap
I was speaking to the folk in my local store and they were talking about how they are taking a stack of preorders for the new taylormade kit due in a few weeks and this shows their marketing works as people are willing to order new clubs without hitting them first. I include myself in this as i was there to order my R11S driver and my RBZ fairway and hybrids. Now i am a taylormade guy and i tend to buy most taylormade gear, but usualy hit before i buy, but not in this case. Looks as if taylormade will have a winner again this year.

Totally agree. I would like to get my hands on these RBZ FW also, but I want to try them out first to find what is best for me. I will definitely be giving the RBZ irons a ride, seeing that I plan on a new set of irons this spring. Now that R11S drive may also find a way to kick the R9 out of my bag. TM's market was a hit with me.

Taylormade knows what to say to sell clubs. And they're just better at it than most...if not all the others.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

they certainly know how to create hype. I don't see other manufacturers advertise nearly as heavily or as well as Taylormade do.

I was speaking to the folk in my local store and they were talking about how they are taking a stack of preorders for the new taylormade kit due in a few weeks and this shows their marketing works as people are willing to order new clubs without hitting them first. I include myself in this as i was there to order my R11S driver and my RBZ fairway and hybrids. Now i am a taylormade guy and i tend to buy most taylormade gear, but usualy hit before i buy, but not in this case. Looks as if taylormade will have a winner again this year.

it will be interesting to see how they do sell because the R11 must have had poor sales here in the UK IMO because ive seen 2 in the whole of last season and through these winter months and ive played a lot of courses

it will be interesting to see how they do sell because the R11 must have had poor sales here in the UK IMO because ive seen 2 in the whole of last season and through these winter months and ive played a lot of courses

I believe in the UK it outsold every driver on the market for 2011. I will find the marketshare today.

Honest question for those of us who are pondering the RBZ line: are we doing so b/c of the sheer distance increase claims? or is it something else? Perhaps you just like TM, or perhaps you just like white, or perhaps you've had success with TM wood offerings in the past so you just want to stick with them?

For me, it's the sheer distance. I want to hit a 3wood off the tee that I hit 17 yards further than my current one. No doubt.

Honest question for those of us who are pondering the RBZ line: are we doing so b/c of the sheer distance increase claims? or is it something else? Perhaps you just like TM, or perhaps you just like white, or perhaps you've had success with TM wood offerings in the past so you just want to stick with them?

For me, it's the sheer distance. I want to hit a 3wood off the tee that I hit 17 yards further than my current one. No doubt.

Every company claims that their new equipment will give you more distance. Is there a reason why Taylormade is believed more than others?

Every company claims that their new equipment will give you more distance. Is there a reason why Taylormade is believed more than others?

Two reasons.
Track Record
#1 Used on Tour

Same reason that over 50% of golfers rush out to buy the #1 used ball on tour as well.

I believe in the UK it outsold every driver on the market for 2011. I will find the marketshare today.

I spoke to the manager of my local golf 'superstore' last summer and to quote "4 out of 5 of the clubs we sold this month were white"

I always played TM woods and had great results, that's why I'm sticking with them and plus they make one hell of a product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two reasons.
Track Record
#1 Used on Tour

Same reason that over 50% of golfers rush out to buy the #1 used ball on tour as well.

You're right.

By the way, the R11S kinds of let me down.

TC, I am considering the RBZ driver primarily for the claimed added distance. I am looking for a new driver this year and was going to get the Razr Hawk but heard about the RBZ and the RAZR Fit. Can't wait to try them all. I certainly hope I can get something close to the claimed added distance but accuracy and control even more important. Should be interesting.

SMG

TapAhoy!

Ironically with all of their marketing, they get put down for "putting out too many clubs too quickly" and yet this last year they put out 2 drivers. R11 and SuperFast 2.0. Yet you never hear anybody really say anything a company like Adams that seems to churn them just as fast or faster. So with the marketing, there is a positive and a negative. But there is no comparison at the register between the two companies right now.

Ironically with all of their marketing, they get put down for "putting out too many clubs too quickly" and yet this last year they put out 2 drivers. R11 and SuperFast 2.0. Yet you never hear anybody really say anything a company like Adams that seems to churn them just as fast or faster. So with the marketing, there is a positive and a negative. But there is no comparison at the register between the two companies right now.

I thought that was one of the smartest things Taylormade has done is a long time. They were very smart in 2011. Adams does release too many drivers. Whatever advantage they may have by offering so many options to fit so many golfers, it just clutteres and confuses.

its distance for me, i had the superfast 2.0 woods and r11 woods and i could hit them well. I am hoping the RBZ line will be just as good with a little more distance.

You're right.

By the way, the R11S kinds of let me down.

But you're a pretty open and honest Adams homer, so this doesn't surprise me too much. Perhaps the Phenom shaft just isn't the best for you buddy.

I'm not a huge TM fan, I do however own the SF 2.0 driver and FW. It was the first TM purchase I have ever made. I did try the driver before buying it and the numbers blew away all the other drivers. They surely have a nack for finding the best way to get their clubs out on the market.

But you're a pretty open and honest Adams homer, so this doesn't surprise me too much. Perhaps the Phenom shaft just isn't the best for you buddy.

I don't think it was. I haven't hit that shaft in anything else, so I don't have much basis. My shot dispersion was fantastic with the R11S, the spin was higher than I have been seeing, and the distance was shorter.

I don't think it was. I haven't hit that shaft in anything else, so I don't have much basis. My shot dispersion was fantastic with the R11S, the spin was higher than I have been seeing, and the distance was shorter.

If spin was high and distance was short then you simply need a different motor (shaft). I suspect that you put the right shaft in there, bring that spin down, and then you can add some distance to that awesome dispersion. Did it seem forgiving?

If spin was high and distance was short then you simply need a different motor (shaft). I suspect that you put the right shaft in there, bring that spin down, and then you can add some distance to that awesome dispersion. Did it seem forgiving?

Yes. Very. It wasn't hard to put a good swing on the club though. I had some professional blocks, but otherwise when I wasn't quite right the club hid them really well. A little loud. But a very forgiving and consistent club. I would just be scared to put the right shaft into it. The extra money seems almost like a waste when I can find a stock offering that gives me better results for less money, Ping i15 with the Proforce shaft for example.

Yes. Very. It wasn't hard to put a good swing on the club though. I had some professional blocks, but otherwise when I wasn't quite right the club hid them really well. A little loud. But a very forgiving and consistent club. I would just be scared to put the right shaft into it. The extra money seems almost like a waste when I can find a stock offering that gives me better results for less money, Ping i15 with the Proforce shaft for example.

That's a good point too. Goes to show how important demo'ing something is I suppose. I'm excited about trying out the new TM woods. They make me feel cool :beauty:

Didtance...no brainer. Moreso along the lines of 17yds more.....not 7 yds which would be a 'so what?' number but 17? Should have everyone's attention at least a little bit with a number like that

Who wouldn't want 17 more yards?
I can't wait to hit these!

Two reasons.
Track Record
#1 Used on Tour

Am I the only one who could not care less who plays what on tour? It literally has no impact whatsoever on what I buy. None.

Back