TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many of our readers know, TaylorMade and THP sent out 10 sets of irons to active forum members to work on a long term review. As the sets arrive, this will be the thread for those testers to update their thoughts and pictures and answer any questions that everybody might have.

Here is the review thread for the Cavity Back Irons

EDIT: My irons just showed up as well. Here are some pictures.

1190314818_w2RGC-L.jpg

1190314346_C2MJX-L.jpg

1190315440_5HtAN-L.jpg

1190315629_aoQNV-L.jpg

1190315859_hHtfE-L.jpg

1190316078_NN5FR-L.jpg

1190316501_ARzkk-L.jpg

1190316303_9KHm6-L.jpg

1190315195_7Exa9-L.jpg

And now some pictures in front of some fun TM/adidas Golf staff bags.

1190316744_38wWh-L.jpg

1190317578_yEWnJ-L.jpg

1190317867_8Kw3B-L.jpg

1190318109_TcxcR-L.jpg

Last edited:
*Doesn't concentrate on meeting*

This caught my attention quick!

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

*Doesn't concentrate on meeting*

This caught my attention quick!

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

me too, I've been waiting for these threads to pop up. Can't wait for everyone to get them and start testing. I'm thinking we should keep these clean until they start arriving though

best.valentines.present.ever

These are great looking irons and I hit one of the sets. Really looking forward to reading the long term reviews on all of this set of irons.

I am very interested in the feedback from these sets. I wonder how forgiving they are. I also want to see how the compare to the R9tps.

I dont know where to post...but really, I am loking forward to this along with seeing the other reviews from the different sets.

I dont know where to post...but really, I am loking forward to this along with seeing the other reviews from the different sets.

I'm with you, I don't know where to post! This just got all very very real, can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of what they get.

All the chatter in the MC thread huh? You guys must all be really serious, or incredibly delusional.

All the chatter in the MC thread huh? You guys must all be really serious, or incredibly delusional.

or its the only thread where someone actually has the irons

Edit: and I'm serious

or its the only thread where someone actually has the irons

Yeah, good logic, I'm sure that goes over wonderfully for the folks at TM checking in on the forum. It's not like there were pics, unboxing or anything really.

Poor little GI irons, getting ignored by the internet golfers. Don't worry CB's I still love you.

I'm serious about my game, so I'm in the MB thread alone. hehe.

Even though I've seen these personally I'm still ecstatic to see the in hand pics and hear everyone's thoughts. It's like Christmas morning around here!

I'm serious about my game, so I'm in the MB thread alone. hehe.

Even though I've seen these personally I'm still ecstatic to see the in hand pics and hear everyone's thoughts. It's like Christmas morning around here!

Yup, the excitement level is through the roof, but not everyone is getting the MC's, that's my point.

I'm mostly curious to hear about what folks think of the "screw" thing in the back of the cavity, and what role it may play. I'm sure it's some sort of dampener of sorts. Mix that, with forged goodness, and we'll be reading about all sorts of "buttery" goodness, lol

I can honestly say that I am thrilled to be getting whatever I get. The CB's are absolutely beautiful in person. Forged forgiveness? Is there any better combination?

Yup, the excitement level is through the roof, but not everyone is getting the MC's, that's my point.

I'm mostly curious to hear about what folks think of the "screw" thing in the back of the cavity, and what role it may play. I'm sure it's some sort of dampener of sorts. Mix that, with forged goodness, and we'll be reading about all sorts of "buttery" goodness, lol

well, its kind of difficult because we have NO Clue what we are getting. so we dont know where to post. man, hearing they slice through the turf like melting butter is nice to hear as well.

In meetings all day. Speeding home to see if mine came, and then off to golftec to try them out.

The best news is I'll be playing them in GA this weekend!!!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

Pics are uploading!!

I am really excited to read your guys' thought on these. I got to hit these and the MC last week and they felt GREAT and I was very happy with the results.

These are some seriously beautiful sticks. They feel great in hand. Mine are the stock, True Temper DG XP in regular flex, bent 1° upright. They are gripped with Winn PCI grips. Beautiful.

Box!

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

7 iron at address

DSC00609.jpg

4 iron at address

DSC00622.jpg

Face

DSC00617.jpg

Cavity and Grips

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

Sole

DSC00615.jpg

Comparison to another brand's 7 iron (TM iron on the top and right, respectively) Slightly smaller face and less offset.

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

Nice pics Hawk! They are awefully good looking clubs. A little bigger than the MCs for sure!

Back