TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

I have not been able to do a good review since I got these clubs but I will be playing 4 rounds over this weekend. That should give me a good idea of how these clubs will be for me. I went to the driving range again and was hitting my 5 iron at a flag 212 out and was all over the stick. So far on the range these clubs are amazing!!

Many years needed

Many years needed

New MCs after playing MP32 for 10+ years. KBS tour x stiff shaft, white tour wraps with +1 under right hand, standard lie.
185906b3-9889-7ced.jpg
185906b3-9896-04a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Good for you I hope they treat you well

Very nice, I like it a lot.... Best Jim Carey voice from Dumb and Dumber

Very nice, these are on my immediate radar for my next set

Congrats on the new sticks!

Very nice, these are on my immediate radar for my next set

Great set of irons so far. I hit a lot of iron before deciding.

Great irons those are beautiful

Tap tap taparoo

Thank you. Greatest part was all upgrades (KBS and grips) free upgrades

Thank you. Greatest part was all upgrades (KBS and grips) free upgrades

Not sure if that was the greatest part, but it did make a sweet set of irons sweeter. Congrats on the new sticks.

Great looking irons!

I hope they work well for you!

Hi There,
I have been reading this thread for some time now.
My interest in the MC came when I went and got fitted for my game properly.
The Gentleman made me try several Blades and shafts and when I tried the MC it was like I have discovered what Golf is meant to feel like..
The shafts that worked best with my swing were the KBS Tour Stiff.
I Have purchased a set 4-pw last saturday and played on Sat, practiced 4 hours on Sunday and played yesterday again.
Both rounds 81 from the Blues in Key Biscayne where I live which is a quite difficult course.
Actually the third hardest public course in the States..
I am the happiest golfer I could be with these irons.
They fly well and they are so precise its scary.
My game is improving dramatically and my Greens in regulation almost doubled!!
I didn't get a free set and had to buy them after all the reading I did on this Thread.
I have to say that whomever is looking for a SOLID SET of Irons this is it.
I have tried the MB as well and they are gorgeous, but they don't inspire as much confidence behind the ball as the MC do.
Thanks to you all that provided good and correct info on this Thread!

Finally got out to play these irons. I am speechless! I fired a 83 and 76 playing these, with the 83 coming with 4 3 putt greens and both of these rounds playing the champions tees. I was confident with every shot I took wit these irons. Once I knew the distance I knew exactly what club to hit. The distance of these irons is amazing. I was hitting my 5 iron at greens from 215 yards. I finally switched to x100 DG shafts and this was the best decision I have made yet. Still just the first 2 rounds with these clubs and I can not wait to get back out.

Here is a picture of my tee shot from a 211 yrd par 3. Hit a 5 iron and the ball came back 2-3 inches. Ball flew right over the stick.
5906063292_89d60323cd_z.jpg

What made you switch to that shaft?

Finally got out to play these irons. I am speechless! I fired a 83 and 76 playing these, with the 83 coming with 4 3 putt greens and both of these rounds playing the champions tees. I was confident with every shot I took wit these irons. Once I knew the distance I knew exactly what club to hit. The distance of these irons is amazing. I was hitting my 5 iron at greens from 215 yards. I finally switched to x100 DG shafts and this was the best decision I have made yet. Still just the first 2 rounds with these clubs and I can not wait to get back out.

Here is a picture of my tee shot from a 211 yrd par 3. Hit a 5 iron and the ball came back 2-3 inches. Ball flew right over the stick.
5906063292_89d60323cd_z.jpg
Nice shot!

I love the DGX100s in the MCs. Perfect shaft for that clubhead in my experience. Penetrating flight, plenty of green sticking spin! Nice shot by the way.

Hi There,
I have been reading this thread for some time now.
My interest in the MC came when I went and got fitted for my game properly.
The Gentleman made me try several Blades and shafts and when I tried the MC it was like I have discovered what Golf is meant to feel like..
The shafts that worked best with my swing were the KBS Tour Stiff.
I Have purchased a set 4-pw last saturday and played on Sat, practiced 4 hours on Sunday and played yesterday again.
Both rounds 81 from the Blues in Key Biscayne where I live which is a quite difficult course.
Actually the third hardest public course in the States..
I am the happiest golfer I could be with these irons.
They fly well and they are so precise its scary.
My game is improving dramatically and my Greens in regulation almost doubled!!
I didn't get a free set and had to buy them after all the reading I did on this Thread.
I have to say that whomever is looking for a SOLID SET of Irons this is it.
I have tried the MB as well and they are gorgeous, but they don't inspire as much confidence behind the ball as the MC do.
Thanks to you all that provided good and correct info on this Thread!

Welcome to THP! I'm glad you're enjoying the MCs so much already. I find they do inspire confidence as you said. They are rock solid, consistent performers.

What made you switch to that shaft?

I had to get the shafts extended so I made the switch after they took a look at my swing speed and my swing.

Hello all! I've just finished reading this thread (yes, all 95 pages - it's taken a few sittings!) and I'm getting super excited about picking up my new MC's - they're in any day now.

Thanks to everyone who's reviewed them, it's really made me feel like I've made the right decision - just can't wait to hit them now. :banana:

Cant wait to hear how you like them! I know there are a ton of us that are in love with these clubs! They are easily the best I have ever hit!

any more issues with the weight screw coming loose or was this an isolated incedent?

Mine is still loose, I never got it fixed. It only wiggles back and forth so it really does not bother me. This is on my 5 iron and to be honest with you it is the best iron I hit right now.

Hello all! I've just finished reading this thread (yes, all 95 pages - it's taken a few sittings!) and I'm getting super excited about picking up my new MC's - they're in any day now.

Thanks to everyone who's reviewed them, it's really made me feel like I've made the right decision - just can't wait to hit them now. :banana:

We are both in the same boat...My clubs should be arriving any day now as well. I'm hoping they are arriving some time today or tomorrow. I would love to hit the range before the weekend just to try to get a good feeling for my distances. I feel as if I am waiting to open Xmas presents, but don't know what day Xmas is.

Gees! You guys are awesome for reading all these pages! I can't wait to hear your thoughts and opinions! Welcome to the MC family!

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Hi DT (it's funny, after reading all those posts I feel like I know you guys!)

It's been over a month since my order now, but they said they'd be in any day, so fingers crossed.

I've been playing TM Tour Burners for the past 3 yrs and I've really enjoyed them, it's just I'd like to get some feedback on my shots, which I don't feel I'm getting at the moment. Plus I'm starting to work the ball and know it's going to be a darn site easier with the MC's. I also think, as has been said many times on this thread, that the added focus required will help my swing no end.

Cheers!

Just had the call - they're in! Jeez, it's hrs 'til I finish work (feels like days!).

Back