TaylorMade Truss Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Seen previously as Tiger Woods was testing them out. We have all of the details on the home page here.

Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

I am not at all a fan of the design, or the color of the insert. I think it looks super cheap...

That being said, I will give them tons of credit for an innovation I personally haven't seen before, as well as offering all of them in LH ?

What in the actual f**k

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I'm part grossed out on the idea and part intrigued. Having switched to an anser shape last year, the talk of stability here is was kind of makes wonder. But on the flip side, they are, let's say, less than premium looking(in the renders). This right here is a putter line that TM needs to get on tour or else I think it is going to be DOA.

I just threw up a little bit

Ok. I guess this will reduce twisting, but I would not expect that the "slip" point for any twisting force would be the hand/grip contact point, not the hosel flex. But I'm a chemist not an engineer.

maybe it's the DRAG to improve tempo.

They kind of look like the Axis putter that Justin Rose uses.

Did they acquire Axis?

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I'm part grossed out on the idea and part intrigued. Having switched to an anser shape last year, the talk of stability here is was kind of makes wonder. But on the flip side, they are, let's say, less than premium looking(in the renders). This right here is a putter line that TM needs to get on tour or else I think it is going to be DOA.

The look (finishes/insert) is what turns me off so much. For $300 it looks very cheap to my eye.

I think what makes me the most disappointed is that TaylorMade has the Spider(which we all know about), and the TP Black Copper or TP Patina putters that both look outstanding. These just look like...

...I'll let you fill in the blank

Tiger stopped using it... just sayin....

The look (finishes/insert) is what turns me off so much. For $300 it looks very cheap to my eye.

I'm a fan of their inserts really. Esp since they brought back some of the aluminum in them.

I'm a fan of their inserts really. Esp since they brought back some of the aluminum in them.

The insert may feel great, I am not sure, TO ME, the blue just looks cheap.

I'm trying to find any marginal element of intrigue in this, but it took me five times to actually get through Gary's piece and that had NOTHING to do with the content in there, but rather the photos surrounding it.

It's great that there is logic in place, but the execution simply does not work for my brain. Not even in the slightest.

I am at a loss on this one:
3-8.jpg

Yuck!!

Mark my words.
If someone wins on tour using this, and that is a big if, people won't find it as hideous. :D

i'm not going to sh1t on taylormade for this. I love the idea of adding stability to putters, because such small misses can mean more strokes on the card.

i'm also going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that aesthetically this is the best they could do with the technology they want to bring to market.

my problem is the price tag. $300 for something that is so off the radar is a gamble I just don't see paying off. i'll roll it in a store just to see what it's all about.

I'm trying to find any marginal element of intrigue in this, but it took me five times to actually get through Gary's piece and that had NOTHING to do with the content in there, but rather the photos surrounding it.

It's great that there is logic in place, but the execution simply does not work for my brain. Not even in the slightest.
I would be afraid to even try it because if I stated making a ton of putts with it I would have a problem as I can't envision this in my bag. And I have dual engineering degrees and understand the tech story but they just don't look good.

Mark my words.
If someone wins on tour using this, and that is a big if, people won't find it as hideous. :D
I wonder if it would have sold for 399 if Tiger spent more than 2o minutes with one.

Mark my words.
I think it would have to be Tiger for this to start flying off the shelves.. That's a lot of ugly to overcome..

Back