TaylorMade Truss Putters

If you are going to release something like this, you HAVE to be able to give UNDENIABLE proof of how it works, and then you have to market the hell out of it.

TM has not given undeniable proof or explanation, and they have bungled the release once already.

they needed to release this when they were a marketing machine. Back then, I bet they could have given in a fighting chance on the MP.

they needed to release this when they were a marketing machine. Back then, I bet they could have given in a fighting chance on the MP.
Yup. Its been constant missed opportunities.

K
kinda like the look in the Blade

these look so bad, and I've watched some videos that make them sound pretty bad too.

No just no

There is obviously something to the tech, but how does this compare to a high MOI putter versus a blade with a traditional neck? I would have liked to see TXG test a Spider mallet model in this same video to see how it stacks up.

There is obviously something to the tech, but how does this compare to a high MOI putter versus a blade with a traditional neck? I would have liked to see TXG test a Spider mallet model in this same video to see how it stacks up.

I'm not one to be a conspiracy theorist, but does anyone else find it odd that the TM rep seems overly concerned about which ball he picks to be used with the Truss. He also has to make sure it's lined up a certain way.

I’m apparently in the vast minority in that I’m really intrigued by this. Of course, I generally like weird stuff (I also really like the Axis1 putters). The one with the shaft very near the center of the face is particularly appealing to me. I can’t wait to try one out...but even if I like it I’ll have to wait even longer for the price to drop to my comfort zone.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I will admit that I rolled some putts with the center shafted blade in the store the other day and couldn’t seem to miss my line. The putter also felt great.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I will admit that I rolled some putts with the center shafted blade in the store the other day and couldn’t seem to miss my line. The putter also felt great.
Remember, the store putting greens have a funnel effect. Just sayin' (y)

Remember, the store putting greens have a funnel effect. Just sayin' (y)

extra gravitational pull in the cups as well. installed in myself.. ⛳;)

These have been the most criticized clubs I've seen in a long time on youtube reviews. They are so ugly that most cannot get past the looks despite how good they may putt with it.

These have been the most criticized clubs I've seen in a long time on youtube reviews. They are so ugly that most cannot get past the looks despite how good they may putt with it.
Mainly because they are ******* hideous.

You know that saying 'a camel is a horse designed by committee'? Thats rings true here.

Lets move on guys, we already know this will be a huge flop for taylormade. Spider S looks nice, though and the Spider X of course will still be the bread and butter for TM.

If these continue to be received this poorly, I'll wait for the prices to drop and pick one up. I feel like as a home builder I should have one, even if it's just a display/novelty thing for people to mock. Or to have my brother in-law use when he visits or something. "No, this one's special. You're the only one I'd let play this one." hehehe

How many would put one in the bag if you could average 28 putts per 18 for 2020?

How many would put one in the bag if you could average 28 putts per 18 for 2020?

For a putt and a half per round I'd stamp my name on it, shaft it in pink, and carry it on the outside of my bag.

For a putt and a half per round I'd stamp my name on it, shaft it in pink, and carry it on the outside of my bag.

All of which means you already are an excellent putter. According to Arccos, I average 33 putts per round. If I could putt like you, I would be thrilled.

If this were the ONLY way to get better at putting, I sure as hell would. Good news is it's not so I dont have to bag this rehash of a design. :ROFLMAO:

I think @Jman and @Canadan would both put one of these in the bag if it would reduce their putts per round by 2 or 3. :p

Back