TaylorMade Truss Putters

I said it was way off in my case. I was putting from about 30ft. It’s not like I was making 2 footers and jumping up and down. And the one I was using wasn’t center shafted. I don’t know why everyone is hating on it. Yes it’s ugly and yes it’s recycled tech. Taylormade isn’t the first to do that. And I say this as someone who is not a Taylormade fan
Looks matter more in putters than any other equipment to a lot of people. Being ugly is enough to hate on it, especially with how many quality products that are out there, that even TM has, that perform and also look good.

As for center shafted, I thought they all were? It’s an offset center shaft, but if you look at where it’s actually pointed at the club, it’s centered, no?

Looks matter more in putters than any other equipment to a lot of people. Being ugly is enough to hate on it, especially with how many quality products that are out there, that even TM has, that perform and also look good.

As for center shafted, I thought they all were? It’s an offset center shaft, but if you look at where it’s actually pointed at the club, it’s centered, no?

The one I tried was a plumbers neck type. At address it looks like any other plumbers neck putter

BACC4FFA-8AE7-43E0-B646-98C7B04C44E3.jpeg
72760FF1-787A-4184-909C-0A31DC12E00D.jpeg

Last edited:
Look at where it’s going into the head though. It’s center shafted. I think that will benefit more people than any possible tech here.

It may even though I’ve tried center shafted putters in the past without much success. I’m not saying the tech works I’m just saying it’s a solid putter

It may even though I’ve tried center shafted putters in the past without much success. I’m not saying the tech works I’m just saying it’s a solid putter
That's 100% fair.

A bit of cabin fever so I ventured out to local shop in hopes not a lot of ppl were there. There were. Im not the only one itching to play.

Anyway, saw one of these and putted with it. I dont remember which model. I didnt even look closely. All i saw from a distance was that neck and just picked it up. Its the same feeling when youre forced to eat your veggies as a kid, you just force it into your mouth and swallow immediately.

boy, was it ugly. I dont remember the stroke nor feel. Its like it was just completely erased from memory.

But it fugly. Really fugly.

Not a fan! Felt super light and unstable. Insert and roll was good. The ugliness definitely is hidden at address!
IMG_1867.JPGIMG_1868.JPGIMG_1869.JPGIMG_1870.JPG

Not a fan! Felt super light and unstable. Insert and roll was good. The ugliness definitely is hidden at address!
It definitely is hidden at address, but I'd still have to look at it every time I pulled it from the bag. Wouldn't be able to handle it. I feel the same way about the SIM driver - that big humpback fin thing on the bottom is just a no for me - even though it's completely hidden at address, I'd still know it was there and I'd see it every time I pulled the club.

for everyone who's been dying to get a Truss, there are plenty of options on eBay right now!! $202.50 or best offer..... thats a steal for an awesome putter

for everyone who's been dying to get a Truss, there are plenty of options on eBay right now!! $202.50 or best offer..... thats a steal for an awesome putter

Someone is robbing someone alright :ROFLMAO:

;)

I have a feeling you'll be able to find these on the clearance rack or used bin for $100 in the next year.

I have a feeling you'll be able to find these on the clearance rack or used bin for $100 in the next year.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that one will go down as a swing and a miss for TM.

yeah, these were DOA but the clearance rack should give them a boost...maybe?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that one will go down as a swing and a miss for TM.

Interestingly I have personally seen these sell pretty well. Not flying off the shelf by any means but reasonably well. I will probably see them come back as trade in clubs though.

I think you will see one or two more versions of this putter before it is done...

Before the lock down, Matt Wolff was using one... So he may be able to sell a couple to the scooby types.

I saw these putters for the first time at PGASS. They are very ugly but I really liked the feel of the putter. Lining it up was very easy as well.

Overall the look makes it a pass.

Are these $50 yet? I really want one.

i'd take one for $50 to complete my TM bag...
That's exactly what I want it for!! The all TM bag. I think i'd even go $75 if I could guarantee the stupid truss part won't wear the putter slot on my bag in some weird way. I'm concerned that it might.

That's exactly what I want it for!! The all TM bag. I think i'd even go $75 if I could guarantee the stupid truss part won't wear the putter slot on my bag in some weird way. I'm concerned that it might.

I've been looking at patinas but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I've been looking at patinas but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
I hear ya. The Soto is right up my alley, but that's a lot for a B/C bag putter. Plus, it doesn't match anything. So then I'd be changing ferrules, and then the bag, .....

Another reason to want a Truss. No one's changing a thing to match that monster.

I hadn't seen them before today, but I think the stock headcovers may be uglier than the putters, if that's possible.

1592234079223.png 1592234137929.png

WOW! What is this abomination!? It looks like someone was messing with a #7 and then added another putter top... oh my goodness!
It's kind of like the guys who ride electric scooters but keep their flat black skull bucket after they write off the Harley in an effort to remain cool. I don't care how much money you saved, once your friends see you rolling this club your invites to fill out foursome will surely dry up:eek:

Back