TaylorMade Truss Putters

I can't wait to get to a store where I can actually try one of these. I bet I come home with it. It'll be like sick little puppy at the pet store syndrome.

I can't wait to get to a store where I can actually try one of these. I bet I come home with it. It'll be like sick little puppy at the pet store syndrome.
I'd game a K-Sig before I'd put that monstrosity in my bag.

The truss seems to disappear at address. I generally prefer face balanced putters but I would't rule out playing one as long as it doesn't impact the look at address. The Odyssey #7 style putter isn't the most classic putter anyway.

Looks like DJ is playing one of these this weekend. Doing quite well with it today!

Based on his post round interview with Amanda, he just put the Truss in the bag this week. Might be staying in the bag for a while the way that round went.

Chuck D and I Can't truss it.

Holy bad timing for naming, batman. :eek:

Isn't this what Dustin played today?

Didn't Titleist have a putter like this back in the 80's/90's I wanna say? Odd flange between the head and neck? Seem to recall like old slotlines and stuff too back in the 80's.

Ahh...
titleist truss.jpg

Last edited:
Well, well, well. This is interesting to see DJ roll this well. I’m not sold it’s the putter, yet. Anyone disagree?

Well, well, well. This is interesting to see DJ roll this well. I’m not sold it’s the putter, yet. Anyone disagree?

I wonder where all of the posts were two weeks ago when he had this in the bag?

I nailed this one early. Give it 1 round by a major player where he goes low and people would be interested.

I nailed this one early. Give it 1 round by a major player where he goes low and people would be interested.
I’m still shocked it met your criteria - namely that a major player would bag it.

I’m still shocked it met your criteria - namely that a major player would bag it.

I think of it like how crack was invented. Someone really hit rock bottom, and thought. I bet I haven’t hit the bottom yet.

DJ changes putters upon a stiff breeze. He’s always been that way, and will be the rest of his career.

If he goes on to crap the bed tomorrow it’s an interesting spin for this one. The putter works as designed but the high profile guy rolling it isn’t a good putter or the putter cost DJ the win.

If he goes on to crap the bed tomorrow it’s an interesting spin for this one. The putter works as designed but the high profile guy rolling it isn’t a good putter or the putter cost DJ the win.

Who on Earth would look at it like this?

DJ has never ever ever been confused with a good putter. Haha

i don’t think it’s too far of a reach for the designers to have some validation based on DJ’s putting today.

If he loses it’s the putter that doesn’t fit and not the player? We know DJ has struggled with putting and changes often, but the general public i would argue doesn’t follow that closely.

i don’t think it’s too far of a reach for the designers to have some validation based on DJ’s putting today.

If he loses it’s the putter that doesn’t fit and not the player? We know DJ has struggled with putting and changes often, but the general public i would argue doesn’t follow that closely.

I would argue that he doesn't need to win tomorrow for this putter to get some increased interest. It's going to get a ton of airtime. I don't think any of the casual fans who watch golf would think that if he doesn't win tomorrow that it's because the putter is junk. Like you said, they don't follow closely enough. There is way more upside for this line tomorrow than there is downside.

he’s had it in play post covid, correct?

everybody who was quick to sh1t on the odyssey TEN when phil put it in the bag then took it back out. that’s who.

everybody who was quick to sh1t on the odyssey TEN when phil put it in the bag then took it back out. that’s who.

Must have been a quiet sh!t list. Maybe we should have crapped on him when he used RBZ and then took it out? He like DJ has had some crazy putter changes, including going to a belly putter. When that one didnt last nobody said it he didn't win because the product was crap.

I would argue that he doesn't need to win tomorrow for this putter to get some increased interest. It's going to get a ton of airtime. I don't think any of the casual fans who watch golf would think that if he doesn't win tomorrow that it's because the putter is junk. Like you said, they don't follow closely enough. There is way more upside for this line tomorrow than there is downside.

increased interest is there for sure and tomorrow it will get a lot more.

My point is, and probably poorly worded, is that some struggles or not winning with it will give the naysayers a louder voice as to the merits of the putter and it’s design.

Back