TaylorMade Truss Putters

increased interest is there for sure and tomorrow it will get a lot more.

My point is, and probably poorly worded, is that some struggles or not winning with it will give the naysayers a louder voice as to the merits of the putter and it’s design.

when (not if) he takes it out, it won’t be because the putter is bad. it’s because he changes so often. it’s why i didn’t like odyssey talking up phil putting the TEN in the bag. he pulled it very quickly and odyssey lost control of that narrative.

increased interest is there for sure and tomorrow it will get a lot more.

My point is, and probably poorly worded, is that some struggles or not winning with it will give the naysayers a louder voice as to the merits of the putter and it’s design.

I think naysayers are going to be naysayers no matter what. If struggles tomorrow on the greens the putter is an easy target for them. So I get what you are thinking. But he'll, if he wins, those same naysayers will say he won despite using it.

I won't lie, this is a line I did not think would ever be in line for a tour win. Hell one of my early posts in this thread was that if it didn't get on tour quickly it would be DOA....which it has been. Tomorrow could bring some intrigue that otherwise wasn't there. Intrigue doesn't always mean sales though haha

I think naysayers are going to be naysayers no matter what. If struggles tomorrow on the greens the putter is an easy target for them. So I get what you are thinking. But he'll, if he wins, those same naysayers will say he won despite using it.

I won't lie, this is a line I did not think would ever be in line for a tour win. Hell one of my early posts in this thread was that if it didn't get on tour quickly it would be DOA....which it has been. Tomorrow could bring some intrigue that otherwise wasn't there. Intrigue doesn't always mean sales though haha

It was a head scratcher for me also. The Spyder line has been amazing for the TM staff and getting anyone to switch to this was going to be tough. Like others have mentioned DJ switches on a whim so not a shock he’s the one with it in the bag, lol.

It was a head scratcher for me also. The Spyder line has been amazing for the TM staff and getting anyone to switch to this was going to be tough. Like others have mentioned DJ switches on a whim so not a shock he’s the one with it in the bag, lol.
That was me, hi. :ROFLMAO:

He’s a putter *****, not by desire, but necessity as one of the streakiest putters ever.

Am I correct in thinking I remember DJ having changed putter each week since the tour came back?

Am I correct in thinking I remember DJ having changed putter each week since the tour came back?

3 weeks, 3(or more) putters.

3 weeks, 3(or more) putters.
This tells me one of two things. He can (or can’t) putt with anything. Or he truly believes the next thing will fix the putting stroke.

So streaky but so good when he is on.

This tells me one of two things. He can (or can’t) putt with anything. Or he truly believes the next thing will fix the putting stroke.

So streaky but so good when he is on.

Confidence is a powerful thing. Sometimes the search for it leads us to some unusual options...

Confidence is a powerful thing. Sometimes the search for it leads us to some unusual options...
God knows I’m guilty of this. But I still can’t build a house with my putter.

I wonder where all of the posts were two weeks ago when he had this in the bag?

I nailed this one early. Give it 1 round by a major player where he goes low and people would be interested.

I guess I was an early arriver? 😂

buy low, sell high. A solid road to riches.

Definitely. Something tells me stocking up on pallets of Truss putters would carry the same gains as gold.

Definitely. Something tells me stocking up on pallets of Truss putters would carry the same gains as gold.
Wouldn't**?? I wish you well if you are storing those...

Awesome to see such a deserving putter get its first of many wins moving forward... heading out tomorrow to pick up a Truss!

This popped up in my inbox this afternoon...
C8EEC52C-75EF-4389-9FC0-AAE9D952CF82.jpeg

DJ's is custom to him. You need SOMEONE on staff playing it so you can sell it. He's never been a consistent putter and TM has always tried to rip him away from Scotty even way back in the day. That's great that he won, but don't put a lot of stock in a win where Brendan Todd was setting the pace. Seems like everyone has shot 62 there.

Still putting is a very personal thing, so if you can putt with a Truss, go for it.

I posted this somewhere else here, but here it is again. You can see the difference between the retail and the DJ model. There is much more toe hang on the DJ and the hosel is set much more to the heel.

1593549462487.png

I posted this somewhere else here, but here it is again. You can see the difference between the retail and the DJ model. There is much more toe hang on the DJ and the hosel is set much more to the heel.

How dare they?

So you have to minimize the truss Triangle for DJ... I wonder what would happen if they just reduced it even more (just removed) that piece!

TM is very good at creating "B" heads, etc.

Back