TaylorMade Truss Putters

Confidence is a powerful thing. Sometimes the search for it leads us to some unusual options...
Yep, however many I have talked with near that level want to make everything...otherwise you go the wrong way and lose $$$. I did not like these putters when I tried the solid feel but look was not my fave. Congrats to DJ....SC homeboy.

What exactly is it that folks don't like about this Putter. Is it the look, the engineering, the price....?
If it's look, I've seen a lot worse, I think the price is pretty steep. I messed with one at the store and thought it felt nice.
I preferred the Mallet head with the center shaft. You can't even see the Truss when looking down. Just curious.

Perk of the gig for DJ. When you are a perennial winner like he is. You get what you want.

I know. I am just joking around. I mean, to think the tour staff players, especially the stars, are playing what gets peddled to we weekend hackers...

What exactly is it that folks don't like about this Putter. Is it the look, the engineering, the price....?
If it's look, I've seen a lot worse, I think the price is pretty steep. I messed with one at the store and thought it felt nice.
I preferred the Mallet head with the center shaft. You can't even see the Truss when looking down. Just curious.

Look for me first. But I can't stand TM putter inserts. I don't like them at all.

It’s ugly yea but I don’t understand the hate for this. Like you mentioned at address you don’t really see anything strange. i think it rolls very nice and feels good in hand. Super stable too

i know @jdtox is planning on getting one; you and I might as well game one too!

It’s ugly yea but I don’t understand the hate for this. Like you mentioned at address you don’t really see anything strange. i think it rolls very nice and feels good in hand. Super stable too

You mentioned stability, did you notice other putters that weren’t stable?

You mentioned stability, did you notice other putters that weren’t stable?
I was just about to reply to @jfrigo1003 that you may not let us off the plane if we all show up with Truss' :ROFLMAO:

I was just about to reply to @jfrigo1003 that you may not let us off the plane if we all show up with Truss' :ROFLMAO:

Sure I willl. It will make my job easy to hand the trophy to the other team.

ugly as sin, albeit not as ugly as some other plane-in-shape putters out there (I guess the plain in shape rule only applies to Wilson drivers:greenalien:)

it's the girl you take home after your buddies have already left

😂 I Can think of about 10 other putters I would get before one of these...but DJ did win with it haha

😂 I Can think of about 10 other putters I would get before one of these...but DJ did win with it haha

I relate it the guy that created the MyPillow. He was a crackhead and came up with the idea. It’s Similar because like DJ with Truss he hit rock bottom and still won.

I relate it the guy that created the MyPillow. He was a crackhead and came up with the idea. It’s Similar because like DJ with Truss he hit rock bottom and still won.
Good comparison since that pillow is awful too haha

• Haha
Reactions: JB

How does the triangle add much stability? It’s not going to resist any rotational force from an off center strike.

Hahaha is that for real?!

Can there really be that much twisting happening with a putt that you need a "truss" system to fix it? Maybe on super long putts but it seems like a big gimmick to me.

Can there really be that much twisting happening with a putt that you need a "truss" system to fix it? Maybe on super long putts but it seems like a big gimmick to me.
One would think if someone wanted to sell something even as a gimmick they would make it attractive to the consumer even if it didn’t work haha

I just don’t see how a truss stabilizes anything as designed. Off center hits still impact it the same as a blade.

Really the only thing that creates "forgiveness" in a putter is moving mass further away from the face. So you get those BAM putters (aka Big Ass Mallets) if you're looking for that.

If you're looking to "reduces the amount of unsupported mass and deflection at impact" then the Truss is for you (whatever that means).

The changes to putters each year are similar to marketing light beer. You have to make a change each year to invigorate some sales, even if the change doesn’t do anything meaningful. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling you'll be able to find these on the clearance rack or used bin for $100 in the next year.

not even a year. picked one up today for $35. Why would I spend $35 on a Truss putter!?

Back