Taylormade White Smoke (Available April 2012)

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
Just noticed that Taylormade has a new putter. Searched the forum but found no thread about it so i thought i would create one.

I think it's rather intriguing. I really liked the look of the Ghost putters but found them a bit too expensive and wasnt to fond of the black Classic putters. So this is a great combination, to me it seems like the Classic has gone white.

From Taylormades homepage:

Available April 2012

Features:
  • White crown color eliminates glare; high contrast with turf makes aiming easy.
  • Three clear black alignments lines on the crown reinforce easy alignment.
  • Surlyn PureRoll insert promotes forward spin for a smooth, accurate roll and beautifully soft feel.
  • Three classic shapes: IN-12, IN-74 and MC-72.

The IN-74 model has me kind of hawkpondering. Something about the look of it that i really like and the PureRoll insert is sweet.

IN-12:
hero_982_white_smoke_2.jpg

IN-74:
hero_982_white_smoke_4.jpg

MC-72:
hero_982_white_smoke_6.jpg

Looks similar to the ghost series without the weights.

Looks similar to the ghost series without the weights.

Exactly what I was thinking! I hope TM isn't becoming quanity over quality

Looks like Pure Roll insert as well. Could turn out to be one of the best putters in the intro price point.

Looks like Pure Roll insert as well. Could turn out to be one of the best putters in the intro price point.

If it's well made, they have a good chanse at it!

Exactly what I was thinking! I hope TM isn't becoming quanity over quality

Hopefully not and i dont think so since they have the PureRoll insert and not a "cheap" version.

The middle one looks exactly like a Newport 2.6
45f9273c-e176-9c00.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But better if you ask me!

They look nice and clean/simple, but I'm still not a fan of the white. I've tried them out, and I don't get it. Just doesn't catch my eye, and I've never had glare be a problem, so that wouldn't draw me. Know a lot of people that swear by the white on their putter though.

you got me pondering now!!!!!!!

sharp looking club! I'm gonna have to try these out at my local golf shop!

IN-74.....yes please!

They look nice and clean/simple, but I'm still not a fan of the white. I've tried them out, and I don't get it. Just doesn't catch my eye, and I've never had glare be a problem, so that wouldn't draw me. Know a lot of people that swear by the white on their putter though.

Everything isn't working for everyone, but i bet we will see a lot of people roll this putter due to the fact it's white (white = fashion) and that it will probably be in a price range suited for more golfers.

IN-74.....yes please!

Amen!

From the first time I saw the IN-74, and saw the price point, I knew I would grab one. I like the pure roll insert, and this is the model of putter I am currently gaming, so giving it a few rolls is a must.

I just hope that the first person that is able to roll this irl gets some pictures of it and shares them with us :)

I just hope that the first person that is able to roll this irl gets some pictures of it and shares them with us :)
I could be wrong, but I believe that THP had some pictures of these up from the Demo Day of the PGA Show?

I could be wrong, but I believe that THP had some pictures of these up from the Demo Day of the PGA Show?

Cool, need to do some searching then :)

Anybody else notice that it says they have the surlyn insert in the features category but than it says the titallium insert in the technology section on tm's website? What is actually and what are the differences between the two?

these are just like the est. 76 line from last year but white. so they do have the surlyn insert not the titallium. its a white putter at a lower price point with the softer feel of the surlyn pure roll insert. the surlyn pure roll is a plastic material (some golf ball covers are made of it) with grooves in it to help promote topspin. the titallium pure roll is a titanium alloy(with tallium, maybe?) which has groves with a polymer the partially fills them, also to promote topspin. the main main difference is the feel/softness with the surlyn being softer and the titallium being firmer. the surlyn is also in the ghost spider and the up coming ghost manta.

I am offering Ranger junior one of these as an incentive if he can win one of his competitions this year......:doh:

I am offering Ranger junior one of these as an incentive if he can win one of his competitions this year......:doh:

I think that could put more pressure on the kid and puts too much emphasis on winning. I think you should award him if he keeps good sportsmanship, never quits, and learns from his mistakes.

We saw these at the PGA demo day and they are a good looking putter in person. The markings are different than the ghost but they have a good weight to them. Some of you are correct there will be a lower price point. I did inquire about the insert so what you read it more than likely true.
I was all over the center shafted model, I remember the TM rep. tell me, we finally have a CS white putter.

I bet the anser style is the only one available in LH :at-wits-end:

They finally have a CS white putter and they don't offer it in lefty. W.T.C. Both of the models I'd consider are Right handed only. Pisses me off.

They finally have a CS white putter and they don't offer it in lefty. W.T.C. Both of the models I'd consider are Right handed only. Pisses me off.

LOL, get used to it broski. If you want the C/S, go with a Seemore. I have a Daytona Ghost already, no need to ponder any of the Smokes for me.

Back