TaylorMade xFT Wedges - The Morgan Cup Staff

truely one damn sexy wedge......can you explain how the face or show how it is interchangeable?

on the back of the club face is 2 * shape srecws undo them and the faces pops off putt in the new face and tighten the screws back up

Thanks for that feedback, that is interesting for sure. I don't know anyone personally playing the ZTP face, so I am curious as to how they respond to different shots.

Do you notice a springboard effect off the face???

Ok ok, I couldn't resist.

Wow, this is all just so awesome - those are some really sharp looking wedges. Can't wait to see how you guys perform with these!

Nice vid Ary. I like the way the red VDR's look on those!

Ary went with the white grips on the woods and the red on the wedges. Hmmm, I wonder what mine will look like when they get to the Canadian Province of Cheeseland?

Kevin

Ary went with the white grips on the woods and the red on the wedges. Hmmm, I wonder what mine will look like when they get to the Canadian Province of Cheeseland?

Kevin

I love this new Canadian province Cheeseland! I can't believe a Canadian Team won the super bowl last year. Anyway I'm really looking forward to hitting these wedges as soon as they get here.

I love this new Canadian province Cheeseland! I can't believe a Canadian Team won the super bowl last year. Anyway I'm really looking forward to hitting these wedges as soon as they get here.

I'm assuming when I was accepted in the banter thread as an honorary Canadian, UPS assumed Cheeseland became part of Canada. That explains why my wedges didn't arrive yet.

Kevin

Ary, good stuff and wow, two videos in one week, might make some Hackers heads explode. Nice touch with the scalpel! Looking forward to what you think of them.

Thanks biggsy, I had to use the scalpel! It will be making an appearance in future unboxing videos as well.

Thanks DD, I really like the way the red VDRs look. I saw Sergio Garcia had them on his XFT wedges, so I guess I'm taking after him on that.

Nice unboxing vid, Ary. Just got a chance to watch it. Can't wait to hear how these treat you guys. As I mentioned before, I'm very curious about the C-grind.

Just got a chance to use the new wedges for the first time today. I played 36 and threw my old wedges out for these this morning with no warmup. Straight out of the gate I was loving these wedges. The c-grind on the 60 made it very easy to hit some flop shots off of tighter lies. I used the 56* for everything inside 100 yards and a few chips from around the green. These wedges helped me get up and down quite a bit today, leaving me with several putts less than 2'. I had 2 greenside bunker shots and used the 56* for one and the 60* for the other. I ended up picking the first one too clean and hit it over the green and near the next tee box, leaving me with about 25 yards back to the pin. I opened the face up and hit a high flopper right at the pin that landed and left me about 4 feet to save bogey. The second one was struck well, resulting in that "thud" sound, and ended up about 6 feet from the hole.

I had been worried about the conforming grooves, but they weren't an issue. I saw a little more roll from the rough, but it was very manageable. I was expecting balls to land and roll 20', but that wasn't the case. I actually had a couple balls check up nicely from the fairway just like a wedge with the old grooves would. I love these wedges! More practice/golf planned for tomorrow to keep dialing in all of the new clubs.

I hope my wedges show up today, if they do I'll use them for my men's league tonight and post back with the results.

My existing wedges are 3+ years old, so I can't wait for the new ones with the fresh new grooves. :)

Tappin the keg!

Nice job Jrod...Jrod, we must be brothers or something, I experienced a lot of what you did as well.

I loved hitting the 60 degree with the C-grind. I just found it a lot easier to hit a flop shot with this wedge than my previous wedge.

The only sand shot I hit with the wedge I got a little too much of the ball and went about twice as far as I needed it and got a silly bogey.

Really liked the 50 degree and the ball flight as well as the distance. I even got the ball to spin back a little.

I saw no issue with the conforming grooves. I was actually getting more spin from my current xFT wedges, maybe it was time to replace the faces? I will agree, out of the rough, I got more roll, but from the fairways, plenty of spin. I was even ripping off covers on the range balls.

I am heading back out the range to put in some more work. Hope everyone has a great fourth!

Nice job Jrod...Jrod, we must be brothers or something, I experienced a lot of what you did as well.

I loved hitting the 60 degree with the C-grind. I just found it a lot easier to hit a flop shot with this wedge than my previous wedge.

The only sand shot I hit with the wedge I got a little too much of the ball and went about twice as far as I needed it and got a silly bogey.

Really liked the 50 degree and the ball flight as well as the distance. I even got the ball to spin back a little.

I saw no issue with the conforming grooves. I was actually getting more spin from my current xFT wedges, maybe it was time to replace the faces? I will agree, out of the rough, I got more roll, but from the fairways, plenty of spin. I was even ripping off covers on the range balls.

I am heading back out the range to put in some more work. Hope everyone has a great fourth!

Can't wait to get my hands on mine. I was looking at my 3 year old wedges yesterday, and they barely have grooves. lol.

Kevin

Just got a chance to use the new wedges for the first time today. I played 36 and threw my old wedges out for these this morning with no warmup. Straight out of the gate I was loving these wedges. The c-grind on the 60 made it very easy to hit some flop shots off of tighter lies. I used the 56* for everything inside 100 yards and a few chips from around the green. These wedges helped me get up and down quite a bit today, leaving me with several putts less than 2'. I had 2 greenside bunker shots and used the 56* for one and the 60* for the other. I ended up picking the first one too clean and hit it over the green and near the next tee box, leaving me with about 25 yards back to the pin. I opened the face up and hit a high flopper right at the pin that landed and left me about 4 feet to save bogey. The second one was struck well, resulting in that "thud" sound, and ended up about 6 feet from the hole.

I had been worried about the conforming grooves, but they weren't an issue. I saw a little more roll from the rough, but it was very manageable. I was expecting balls to land and roll 20', but that wasn't the case. I actually had a couple balls check up nicely from the fairway just like a wedge with the old grooves would. I love these wedges! More practice/golf planned for tomorrow to keep dialing in all of the new clubs.

Glad you are liking these wedges so much! sounds like they are producing pretty good results.

i love how easy it is to get the 60* up and down to quick from 10-15 yards. i use the kids trampoline with the enclosure around for taget practice. from 10-15 yards get it up high and land it in the middle i have give it a bit to much at times and put the ball in the garden at the back the neighbour dont mind luckily lol

I know im not playing in the Morgan Cup but wanted to say again how great these wedges are, i have the 50* with conforming ZTP face plate and just love it, used it multiple times today and stuck it in close everytime, just a solid whack when you hit it good and great feel, not super soft but not hard either, its also great for bump and runs, Taylormade has a great product on their hands with this wedge and i hope they keep the xFT technology around in future wedges, would love to see the black version of this come to the US market. Well done Taylormade

i love how easy it is to get the 60* up and down to quick from 10-15 yards. i use the kids trampoline with the enclosure around for taget practice. from 10-15 yards get it up high and land it in the middle i have give it a bit to much at times and put the ball in the garden at the back the neighbour dont mind luckily lol

Thats Awesome! Great training aid

I agree, I had gotten away from using this wedge because of the bounce, and mainly using it out of the bunker, but I am rediscovering how versatile this club is.

I know im not playing in the Morgan Cup but wanted to say again how great these wedges are, i have the 50* with conforming ZTP face plate and just love it, used it multiple times today and stuck it in close everytime, just a solid whack when you hit it good and great feel, not super soft but not hard either, its also great for bump and runs, Taylormade has a great product on their hands with this wedge and i hope they keep the xFT technology around in future wedges, would love to see the black version of this come to the US market. Well done Taylormade
We love the feedback, the thread is for everyone, so post away!

I went from the 52 to 50 and I am liking that decision a lot. Great high ball flight and enough spin to keep it in place. Really easy to get flush with this club.

Can I ask why you went with the conforming grooves?

I agree, I had gotten away from using this wedge because of the bounce, and mainly using it out of the bunker, but I am rediscovering how versatile this club is.

I went from the 52 to 50 and I am liking that decision a lot. Great high ball flight and enough spin to keep it in place. Really easy to get flush with this club.

i did in my 60* because it was £30 cheaper around $45 dollers and if i didnt like them i could always change them out

I just liked it better lol, when i bought the wedge i bought a extra face plate and went to the practice green and tested each one out and liked how the ZTP performed over the Z face plate.

i did in my 60* because it was £30 cheaper around $45 dollers and if i didnt like them i could always change them out
That's a good reason. These wedges have come down in price and you can still get face plates for a reasonable price. I really like how you can preserve everything about the wedge and just put in a new face...bam, new wedge!

[/B]

I just liked it better lol, when i bought the wedge i bought a extra face plate and went to the practice green and tested each one out and liked how the ZTP performed over the Z face plate.
That's interesting. I've never tested them side by side. but so far really liking the ZTP face.

I got in another good practice session today and the wedge was performing beautifully. I love the look of the red on the back of the wedge, they just stand out and yell...I perform...pick me!

Did either of you notice a big difference coming out of the rough compared to a fairway lie like Jrod and I?

Back