TaylorMade xFT Wedges - The Morgan Cup Staff

That's a good reason. These wedges have come down in price and you can still get face plates for a reasonable price. I really like how you can preserve everything about the wedge and just put in a new face...bam, new wedge!

That's interesting. I've never tested them side by side. but so far really liking the ZTP face.

I got in another good practice session today and the wedge was performing beautifully. I love the look of the red on the back of the wedge, they just stand out and yell...I perform...pick me!

Did either of you notice a big difference coming out of the rough compared to a fairway lie like Jrod and I?

not a massive difference they dont spin as much out of the rough

not a huge difference, of course i get more bite from the fairway but from the rough it might roll out about a foot compared to hopping and stopping from the fairway, thats not a huge difference IMO

I'm stalking coolbreeze tonight. I see him in here, perhaps it's time to watch a video and see some pics...

Pics and a long write up to come but for now, the unboxing and explanations.
[YOUTUBE]HNpJY8EYe8Y[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
wooden spoon FTW!!!

Great video CB. I lol'd when I saw the wooden spoon.

I played a round this afternoon and shot a couple videos afterwards. I didn't play very well today, but the xFT's really helped me save par a few times. Sorry for the filming technique, but I was alone and just sat the cam on the golf cart.

I used the 60* here to try and flop one on near the pin. I tried landing it on the fringe and let it run down the slop towards the pin. I didn't get the roll out on the first one that I expected, but was successful on the second.

[YOUTUBE]zzhLT3RYaZU[/YOUTUBE]

I had 68 yards to the pin here and used my 56*. I pulled it a hair and ended up 8' to the left of the pin.

[YOUTUBE]krNVk_tuT8c[/YOUTUBE]

Some pics up close of the wedges.

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

I really couldn't be happier with my wedge choices. Thanks to Taylormade this lefty got three different wedge bounces and lofts so close to what I love to play that it will not make a difference. Having only swung them in the backyard I love the weighting of them so far, and can't wait to hit them tomorrow.

I have the 56 wedge in the xft, and am thinking about adding the 52. Look forward to hearing your comments on these coolbreeze.

Watching I was chuckling as you explained your choices. I was going to give you some serious crap if I didn't get a shout out. lol. Thanks for head nod, man, that was nice. When I get mine maybe I'll just put in your video. hehehe. I have one slight difference.

Nice job.

Kevin

Watching I was chuckling as you explained your choices. I was going to give you some serious crap if I didn't get a shout out. lol. Thanks for head nod, man, that was nice. When I get mine maybe I'll just put in your video. hehehe. I have one slight difference.

Nice job.

Kevin

Had to give you a shot out man! I was only going to go with the 56* and then a 58* bent to 59* but you really got me thinking about playing the xft 51* wedge instead of a GW that comes with the iron set. I know I'll be happier in the long run.

Had to give you a shot out man! I was only going to go with the 56* and then a 58* bent to 59* but you really got me thinking about playing the xft 51* wedge instead of a GW that comes with the iron set. I know I'll be happier in the long run.

I think it's a better option around the greens. Opinions may vary, but that's important to me. I like the set matching gap wedges from distance, but I don't like them as much with creative shots.

I hope mine come tomorrow. Now that even a hairy Canadian has his.

Kevin

Wow! Great pics and video's guys.

nice unboxing...so what was the wife doing????

She was wearing a bikini and sometimes...she wasn't. Kind of hard to do a movie giving my sponsor their due, when there are boobies in the background.

Now I see why you liked the red VDR grips, they are money! Nice video too.

Now I see why you liked the red VDR grips, they are money! Nice video too.

I love the VDR red grips but I didn't request them, or the white ones on my woods. I'm just requesting midsize VDR's and Taylormade is installing the ones they think look best with every club and they have been bang on so far.

[YOUTUBE]HNpJY8EYe8Y[/YOUTUBE]

Here it is properly embedded.

great un-boxing vid CB. I hope mine arrive today. Alas I don't think they will but ya never know. Miracles to occur sometimes.

coolbreeze, you're such a pro in front of the camera. I love the fact that you're talking about your shaft length preference while your wife is being "inappropriate". Nice video buddy. I like the explanations as to why what wedges and what you're looking to get out of each of them.

Great stuff CB. Hope they treat you well :)

I played a round this afternoon and shot a couple videos afterwards. I didn't play very well today, but the xFT's really helped me save par a few times. Sorry for the filming technique, but I was alone and just sat the cam on the golf cart.

I used the 60* here to try and flop one on near the pin. I tried landing it on the fringe and let it run down the slop towards the pin. I didn't get the roll out on the first one that I expected, but was successful on the second.

[YOUTUBE]zzhLT3RYaZU[/YOUTUBE]

I had 68 yards to the pin here and used my 56*. I pulled it a hair and ended up 8' to the left of the pin.

[YOUTUBE]krNVk_tuT8c[/YOUTUBE]

Nice! Dude, I'm pumped you're on my squad. I think you're like a ninja. You're always here, but you stay just off the radar enough so no one calls you out. You throw up some video and you're a young, fit, golfing stud! I can't wait to watch you wreak havoc on Team Paradise. I don't think any of them have even considered taking you seriously, and I love that. I've played golf with ad so I know his game and he's very good about keeping his golf ball in the fairway off the tee and he's especially good with his irons. You two should make mince meat out of that old crabby Wiscansanite and that silly desert golf, no tree playing @marcawesome.

Great shots too buddy.

Thanks Guys, I had fun making that video!

She was wearing a bikini and sometimes...she wasn't. Kind of hard to do a movie giving my sponsor their due, when there are boobies in the background.

Are there unboxing pictures of this?

Back