Team Albatross - 2014 Morgan Cup

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
While this isn't exactly the traditional introduction to a captain's Morgan Cup team, I wanted to brag a little bit, and give credit where it is rightfully due.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am in love with and incredibly serious about the Morgan Cup. I lived and breathed it last year, and becoming a captain this year was a major dream come true, but more notably, an opportunity to define this event for seven other THPers including a very good friend of mine, DCBrad, as my assistant captain. Speaking with him after sharing in the news of his assistant captaincy, he knew that being my right hand man meant weathering my storm for six other guys along with a variety of other great intangibles.

What Brad brings to this team along with a die hard mentality to improve his game at an exceptional rate, is reality. He is hilarious, understands better than I do that being in the Morgan Cup comes at various levels of interest/time/investment, and he keeps me grounded. Without him, I'm certain my attitude and energy towards the event would be harder for my guys to really understand.

My selections were incredibly easy. After getting to know the participants through a series of questions, I acquired six gentlemen who I believed would make a great impact on the event. Between their lofty goals for improvement, enthusiasm for the Morgan Cup, and relation to this event in the past, I felt each would have a wonderful impact on the forum for those following along in the journey, as well as each other.

What I have come to learn over the past month, is that I have seven rock stars on my team. Not only have they destroyed the expectations for THP activity, they reached out to their sponsors, interacted endlessly in meaningful threads, and drove conversations where I believe it benefits THP the most. As my goals for them were extremely lofty in terms of participation, I was blown away when I ran the numbers and realized that even my high standards could not contain their own efforts and excitement.

To their personal games, I am once again in awe. I set lofty handicap goals believing that my guys who fight for them but have a chance of coming up short. Now, only a short period of time into the process, I realize that every one of them are taking this seriously. Joining golf courses that challenge them, embarking on lessons that improve their swings, and building chemistry amongst themselves as potential playing partners in the Cup. The sky is the limit for these guys:

AMart
coers
DCBrad
kc720
Parshooter36
Six4Three5
TroutBum

I commend you for your efforts and am proud to be your captain. That you let me into your world and allow me to experience this journey with you as your captain means more than you'll know. Your names are easily recognizable on the forum and I cannot wait to see what the next four and a half months bring us as a team.

To everyone else, feel free to share your Team Albatross experiences with these guys, and anticipate some unique looks at what was coined last year as "The people's team" as we slowly edge closer to this incredible event.

Nice work Team Albatross! Bunch of great THP'rs in that group and we're looking forward to teeing it up with you all in July.

Keep up the good work Team Albatross!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Enjoyed reading your team intro Dan. I had a chance to meet and talk with Marc this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our discussion. Hope my left arm is healed by SeeMore so I am able to TRY to somewhat hang with you on the course! Good luck Team Albatross!

Team Albatross is going to be quite formidable this year. I saw this already and only with two guys.

If the rest of Team Albatross is working half as hard as those two then look out MC, it might be a landslide win.

Dan, you are going to be a great captain and are going to push these guys to heights they have never known and I think they all will be better for it. Keep it up fellas and I am cheering you all the home to a victory!

Do work boys! Be the change you want to see. Solid group right there! Said it early and I'll say it often! I'm with Albatross!

Boom! Team Albatross doing work this year.

So proud to represent THP, Bridgestone, Team Albatross, and my Captain. I appreciate the kind words for our team Capt. I will be working my damnedest to reach the goals you have set for me.

So proud to represent THP, Bridgestone, Team Albatross, and my Captain. I appreciate the kind words for our team Capt. I will be working my damnedest to reach the goals you have set for me.

You WILL achieve them Jimmy. Believe in your swing, trust the decisions you make with your coach, and commit to it.

I have absolutely no doubt the scores that you're looking for will follow.

Great group of guys on this team that will do their Captain proud come July.

Nice write up Dan. A team full of great guys for sure.

jM

You can do it buddy. Keep at it and keep making those positive changes and there isn't anything you can't achieve.

Thanks Dan for the great introduction. I think we can all agree you inspire greatness in us. #THEGRINDISREAL and Team Albatross has it's sights set on July and #THPMC!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No wonder I cheer for these Gents.

Thanks Dan for telling everyone on THP how awesome Team Albatross is. Dan you and Brad have really been pushing us and its has helped to improve our game and our team. I'm really happy and enthused to be on a great team, and I show my support every day when I wear my Team Albatross wristband. Can't wait to get to the THP events and show everyone were the real deal and were here to win it. #Thegrindisreal

You can do it buddy. Keep at it and keep making those positive changes and there isn't anything you can't achieve.

Thanks Dan! Makes all the hard work easier knowing my THP family believes in me!

5ary3u9y.jpg

ajapyhyj.jpg

Thanks Dan! Makes all the hard work easier knowing my THP family believes in me!

Oh hell yeah! Don't hesitate to ask if I can help in any way as well. I know you have a pretty good captain and Ass. captain but I am happy to help as well.

That goes for anyone as well. I may not be on the team but I am always happy to help.

Well done Team Albatross!

Dan and Brad have both been great sources of inspiration and leadership. I could not have asked for a better group of guys to call my teammates.

Well done Team Albatross. Keep up the good work. Cya in July.

Team Albatross, nice work and great introduction Canadan!

This was a fantastic post Dan, thanks for sharing.

You guys have an extremely solid team and I know it's only going to get better with all the additional effort that each member is putting forth.

Keep up the outstanding work guys, we are going to put on a show this year for all to witness.

What an awesome post, and Team Albatross is full of rock stars, no doubt. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Back