Team Callaway Collection

There's the passion I was talking about. You guys are the best. Thanks for recognizing the conundrum and for the support. To be honest, each shipment is an experiment; there's no formula to tell us what people want/need/like/don't like, so we learn as we go and we move on. We may not bat 1.000 for each shipment but our goal is that at the end of the year, people have an assortment of cool stuff that they enjoy and feel comfortable having spent their hard-earned money on.

Still have 2 shipments left!

This being my first year of receiving the shipments (but I did follow along to last years thread) I love what you guys have done.

If it was the same stuff in each box, just differing season/major than that would not be nearly as fun. I like that there is collectibles and items that I can actually use (I type this as I am wearing my Callaway hoody received in the first shipment). I think half the fun is not knowing what each box will be so the fact that it is a far cry from last year keeps it interesting and makes it even more sure that I will sign up again if Callaway decides to continue this in 2016.

Last edited:
Thank you Ethan, appreciate the insight into the thoughts behind the program!

Ethan thanks for that post. I for one love the coins as I collect them, but knowing the background now I realize I'm in the minority so that makes sense with the shipments. I'll just track them down aftermarket and get them added to my collection that way bc I love them that much.

The shipments are great and a cool way to interact with one of the coolest OEM's out there. Thanks again.

Ethan thanks for that post. I for one love the coins as I collect them, but knowing the background now I realize I'm in the minority so that makes sense with the shipments. I'll just track them down aftermarket and get them added to my collection that way bc I love them that much.

The shipments are great and a cool way to interact with one of the coolest OEM's out there. Thanks again.

You guys make it all worth the effort! Thanks so much for the support.

Ethan thanks for all your hard work on this project. I think is something really great for us Callaway Fanboys. I haven't received my second box but I really looking for those awesome headcovers that I saw last year. I am hoping that maybe we will see those in box three and four. Something about looking cool on the course! Though I really do love the XR headcovers on my woods and hybrids now.

Maybe my alignment will improve this season!

I'll offer a different opinion. I was in on year one and I thought the packages were pretty good. This year packages, so far, are not what I expected. I wish there was a refund button.

It's exciting to read the feedback on the shipments and the program in general. You guys' passion never ceases to amaze, and we love you for it. It's a difficult but fun task to try to keep the shipment contents fresh while staying within the legal/financial/logistical sandbox that we have to play in.

Some people have not gotten their shipments yet but I don't think it's a spoiler to point out that there is not a major coin in there, since several others have already done so in this thread.

In the interest of transparency, here's the situation with coins:

At the end of last year's program we sent a survey to subscribers, and in there we asked about most & least favorite items, what would you like to see more/less of, and overall feedback.

What we heard:
- far more people had coins as their least favorite item than their most favorite item
- many people said they would like to see fewer coins
- overwhelmingly, the overall feedback was that the desire was for items with utility over items with collectibility. To that point, there were a significant number of comments specifically directed at coins -- "too heavy and big for a marker", "not sure what to do with it", "I did not find any use for it"

Even I will admit that we got a little coin-happy last year and so our intent for this year is to provide unique items with utility.

So, for all the reasons above, we did not include a majors coin in this shipment.

Obviously not everyone will like every item (or the exclusion of an item), but we have fun putting the shipments together and we hope you enjoy receiving them. And we are always open to your thoughts and ideas for future boxes.

Thought you guys should know the background, hope that helps.

thanks for all you do..this is my first year as part of this and have enjoyed the first shipment and looking forward to the one coming this week.

It's never easy pleasing everyone one. I was able to get all the 2013 coins and half of the 2014. I was hoping to get all the 2015 coins. I like collecting them and I know others here do as well.

Keep up the good work

I'll offer a different opinion. I was in on year one and I thought the packages were pretty good. This year packages, so far, are not what I expected. I wish there was a refund button.

PM and let's hat. I'll be happy to help you recoup the investment if it means I get my hands on more of this stuff.

Hi Ethan, I'm Nate and I collect Callaway drivers if that makes it easy on ya?!?

Was worth a try.......

Awesome to see some of the details as to what made Callaway go the route they did with these boxes this year. Transparent as usual...well done Ethan

Ethan add big boy clothing next year so I can join :)

Nice to hear from Ethan. I dig the utility-over-collectible theory even though I haven't seen much yet that I'll keep. And that's fine, if I don't want something than I can find someone who does. That would have been the case with coins for sure.

Heck, 90 percent of the thrill for me is just getting mail. Four boxes of golf goodies per year interspersed with bills and my kid's American Girl catalogs.

Ethan, you're a good dude. It'll be a shame to beat you in #TheGauntlet again this year, and then in The Granddaddy.

According to myUPS, they are delivering my package to my old address despite Callaway's efforts yesterday to change the "ship to". No fault of Callaway Customer Service who intervened to have it diverted to the proper address. I'll just have one of my buddies run by the old house and pick it up. It will eventually get to me.

Can I ask how you get in on this? I'm all about Team Callaway!

there is a team callaway website and the have a limited number of offerings, this year was 500 up from 300 last year. This gets opened in December, I believe the sent out emails to the previous participants for first dibs.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/community/

Thanks for all of your hard work on this Ethan. I know it has to be tough to balance living up to expectations vs staying within your limits. I loved the first box and am looking forward to getting this next box. Was bummed about not having the Masters coin in this shipment, but I will work on getting one on Ebay (hopefully they pop up soon). My wife liked the hoodie so much from the first box that I ended up buying one for her from another THPer. Thanks for all you do at Callaway!

I'm out of town, my wife took a picture of the contents - shirt looks very nice.

Umm, Can I get the coins no one else wants...I kid of course. This is what I love about Callaway. No need to explain yourselves but you do anyway.

Youre still going down to James in the Grandaddy. That will be next years coin. THP on top or heads and Zoocrew on the bottom or tails. It'll read, "THE PARTY IS OVER"
It's exciting to read the feedback on the shipments and the program in general. You guys' passion never ceases to amaze, and we love you for it. It's a difficult but fun task to try to keep the shipment contents fresh while staying within the legal/financial/logistical sandbox that we have to play in.

Some people have not gotten their shipments yet but I don't think it's a spoiler to point out that there is not a major coin in there, since several others have already done so in this thread.

In the interest of transparency, here's the situation with coins:

At the end of last year's program we sent a survey to subscribers, and in there we asked about most & least favorite items, what would you like to see more/less of, and overall feedback.

What we heard:
- far more people had coins as their least favorite item than their most favorite item
- many people said they would like to see fewer coins
- overwhelmingly, the overall feedback was that the desire was for items with utility over items with collectibility. To that point, there were a significant number of comments specifically directed at coins -- "too heavy and big for a marker", "not sure what to do with it", "I did not find any use for it"

Even I will admit that we got a little coin-happy last year and so our intent for this year is to provide unique items with utility.

So, for all the reasons above, we did not include a majors coin in this shipment.

Obviously not everyone will like every item (or the exclusion of an item), but we have fun putting the shipments together and we hope you enjoy receiving them. And we are always open to your thoughts and ideas for future boxes.

Thought you guys should know the background, hope that helps.

Anyone get their latest box and been able to open it? UPS delivered mine damaged and open and I need to make sure everything is accounted for. Could someone who has opened their's send me a message with the contents so I can verify?

Anyone get their latest box and been able to open it? UPS delivered mine damaged and open and I need to make sure everything is accounted for. Could someone who has opened their's send me a message with the contents so I can verify?

Callaway just sent an email out with the contents listed & pictured.

Callaway just sent an email out with the contents listed & pictured.

Thanks! I got that about 2 minutes after I posted! All there, was a little nervous! :whew:

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed. I just shot you a private message to discuss.

Back