Team event formats, what type do you like best?

The Dave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Since the PGA announced a change to their schedule with a team event now for the Zurich Classic.

What team format do you like best? Can be 2-man games or 4-man games.

Can be ones used in THP events, local outings, or fun games you play with your buddies.

I haven't played in many formats, so I'll go with a high/low/total 2 man team format as my favorite as it forces each person to play their game and allows for someone to not be completely out of the hole if a person on the other team is struggling right along with you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Shamble is always fun for me.

2 man scramble tournament I play in every with with a HS golf buddy. We have a blast and have even won the event a few times.

Best Ball
Shamble

Shamble is fun but the one I thought I would hate was one I really enjoyed, alternate shot. It was tough, but something about the pressure of it all riding on your shot was exciting, especially if you hit a good one.

Best Ball. Teammates get to pick each other up. Feed off of each other. It's great.

Alternate Shot and its not close.

I honestly liked every format we played at the ambition. I can't remember all the names but my favorite was when we would both drive the ball and then play alternate shot in.
Straight alternate shot was crazy intense. Especially when you are going against Jose and he's sticking approach shots to gimmie range regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only played alternate shot once but I really enjoyed that format. A lot of strategy and variables to that format.

Alternate Shot and its not close.

alt shot is awesome. the Cure match play event was my first crack at it and I loved it.

Shamble or Pinehurst

I really enjoy alt shot or Pinehurst. However if I am playing a course for the first time best ball is probably what I prefer the most. Not a big fan of shamble but other than that I enjoy most formats.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What is the Pinehurst format?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had fun playing Modified Pinehurst in our after league play.

Alternate Shot hands down.

Another vote for alternate shot! I love it!

Scrambles, they're just more fun a little less rigid in structure

Scramble format is always a blast

Alternate shot.

For large group multi-day events where you want some protection from sandbagging I like the Quota system with daily adjustments.

I like fourball (bestball) and also alternate shot. Two very different types of formats, but both fun for their own reasons. Fourball you can have a bad hole and still be picked up by your partner. Alt shot is pretty intense, every shot matters.

I think alt shot is a lot of fun, lots of chances for you or your partner to make clutch shots off of each other.

Back