Team Golf matches - where do you want to go in the lineup?

Dunno, never done a team thing. I'd think go early and set the tone. But I'd be fine in a later match too.

Dunno, never done a team thing. I'd think go early and set the tone. But I'd be fine in a later match too.
Same here. I haven’t played a team format like this. Wherever Captain Hacker wants to put me in the lineup, I’m good to go.

Shamble and alternate shot, do you want to lead off, play in the middle or be the anchor match?

It's 4-4 in the Morgan Cup after Saturday's matches. Where do you want to go in the singles lineup? First, last or another spot? Let's say you're the Captain, how would you put out your team for singles?
I would want to go off first. Not because I'm a stellar player but hopefully so I can rally the players coming down the stretch

I am fully go with the flow. I guess that makes me a utility player 🤷‍♂️

Umm... I guess I'd say somewhere in the middle where my game could help. Maybe. But I doubt it would.:rolleyes:

I like the anchor spot. I've almost always been the anchor in team golf events as well as the anchor on my bowling teams.

I feed off that pressure.

I want my match to count so I would probably rather go in one of the early matches. The problem with last is your match might not be relevant either way.

Wherever the Captain puts me.

But honestly, I like to go first. Slow play is for the birds haha.

So how many people are laughing at me on the first tee? I’m guessing less if last.

Put me in cleanup, Coach. I will occasionally clean up the competition. Most likely I’ll suck. But do you want to be out of it mid-round? I wouldn’t put me there. I’ll sparkle. Whether that is a 👍or a 👎🏻

Yeah it’s highly dependent on the day.

It doesn't matter to me I will play wherever my captain wants!

Scramble, I am happy to go first and take on the pressure to give the team a safe foundation to go for it. I'm generally a consistent and solid ball striker. Under my current norm, I am also likely best going first with the flatstick to help others find the line and pace with a putt. :rolleyes: Singles etc., I am happy however I can best help the team (goes for scrambles too). I love challenges and would not hesitate to take on any situation. Every match counts.

Picking as a captain? I'd have to think about that. Playing on a modern experience team would be a good start. ;)

I've been in the anchor match in a THP event before & did pretty well, as we won the last hole & won the weekend. So I have no problem playing the anchor match. First rounds, I'd like to be off first or second group, get it out of the way. No reason why other than I like to be there at the last hole watching everyone come in. (y)

I will go where ever I am asked to go

I do like leading off, I know what I want to do, no pressure as i know if i mess up 3 others will back me up. I know in alt shot, it makes sense to avoid me teeing off on long holes as I do not hit it a mile away, so maybe take that in consideration.

In no way does my game scream "put me at anchor" but that's where I'd want to be. I enjoy the competition and pressure, now if only I had the game to back it up :ROFLMAO:

Winners want the ball! I don’t want to sit back and watch I want the action. I’d play wherever the captain wants me

I imagine you saying all this in front of the mirror LMAO

Same here. I haven’t played a team format like this. Wherever Captain Hacker wants to put me in the lineup, I’m good to go.

So both of you together, first. got it ;):p

In the past we always had high handicapper 1st and lowest handicapper last. If I am low, I am happy going last, but usually something happens to make a switch necessary for a hole or 2 if there is a let down.

I prefer to go first or anchor but I'm up for what the team and captain thinks best.

Back