Team Golf Vs Individual Golf

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In a competition which do you prefer? Do you like being a stand alone individualist and stand on your own score or performance or do you enjoy working together as a team to win a competition?

Personally I love playing team events. I think 2 on 2 is a fantastic for golf and makes the game more fun and enjoyable for everyone because it doesn't punish bad shots nearly as much. It's also fun to me to get into a little different thinking strategically around how to attack the golf course.

I like both, but there's nothing like a singles match coming down the wire to win it all.

Best ball is a great format. Not a fan of legit competitions having a scramble element to them.

Alt shot is fun, but not the best format with high handicaps.

I enjoy both for the different aspects they bring.
Team format- using different strategy depending on the position your team mate is in.
Individual- I enjoy the pressure of having my performance having an impact on the match.

I also enjoy both. I enjoy the team format for the strategy involved. But there is definitely something to be said for a head to head match

I prefer team mainly because I very rarely have a chance to play it. Not a fan of playing in scrambles (play 1 every 3 - 5 yeras) and those are really the only opportunity around here to play team golf.

I can’t really say that I like one over the other, except that a scramble event, where all four in the group are a team, is probably my least preferred way to play golf. I still like it, but I would much prefer a team event such as The Morgan Cup, where you have a partner and you are part of a larger team.

This is a really tough question. I love individual and having it all come down to my own performance but I also love the strategy, teamwork and fun you get in a team format. I don't think I can answer that one, I truly enjoy each equally

I prefer team golf, I’m a big believer in camaraderie and what it adds to the game for me.

I like team golf but not all the formats that are often used. Enjoy a good singles match too.

Huge fan of 2v2 matches. I like playing for/with a teammate. Helps with the banter among the group too.

I like them both. I would have no preference.

In the end, I don't look at it as an individual/team vs another individual/team. I'm putting my best effort, (regardless of the format) against the golf course itself.

That's not to say I don't mind playing better than other players for a competitive win. Just say saying the golf course is mine (our) opponent.

I like team golf. I rarely get to play it anymore, so that might be part of it. But, I like having a partner and working together. It adds another element to the game.

Team golf is fun I enjoy it. It’s the one thing that makes golf slightly different than a normal round

I like both but team match always has a little more umph. Like myself a good neck and neck battle and the shootout and all that leads up to it

Wanted to bump this thread up for my man @JDax this morning.

Nothing like having a pretty wide open 2nd shot into a par 5 during team shamble and when it's your turn to hit your partner who just hit a phenomenal hosel rocket for a lay up lays 5 lbs of turf over in the middle of your swing and the divot flys past you producing less than stellar results and @JB just starts laughing.

I think he may have just been trying to get a solid wind reading for me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I dont think I ever played in a team format. But reading the threads from past THP events has me hoping one day I will be involved in some kind of team event. I love the team aspect working together to accomplish a goal. I love the Ryder Cup formats and would love one day to be involved in one!

The only team golf i've played is with THP and both times it was an amazing experience!

Honestly I like variety. I like team events and playing as an individual. For me doing the same thing over and over and over again can drive me nuts.

I have played in 2 man scramble and best ball tourneys and a couple 4 man events. I find those to be the most fun

We didn't do it this year because we didn't have enough MGA events during the year, but usually we have our Memorial Cup tournament in November for the top 64 point earners during the MGA season. The teams are picked and it's a Ryder Cup-ish format which a 2 v 2 Best Ball on Saturday and then 1 V 1 on Sunday. I think you get the best of both with having a team match and then an individual match all in the overall team event.

Both formats are fun to play. I give a slight edge to the team competition thought. You want to play well for your partner so you focus a bit more!

i like both, definitely fun to score and usually scramble or best ball or shamble help in that regard, but I also think that developing your own game vs someone elses own effort is fun.

I do find myself thinking ok i really am in a bad spot after drive, how would i play this if not in this team format (scramble)

Playing on a team is fun, I like the dynamic. However, I prefer to play solo. If my game falls apart I'm not feeling like :poop: for causing others to lose.

Team golf is fun. I would love to see more tour events as with a team concept. I would love to see some PGA/LPGA team events.

A mixed ryder cup style event would be awesome.

Back