ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Golfers who have been searching for a budget-friendly laser rangefinder have certainly been in luck over the past several years. The steep competition has undoubtedly driven the cost to the consumer down, but in many cases, some features and overall quality tend to go missing.

Continue reading...

Looks like another nice addition to the rangefinder groupings. 30% smaller can also be a big deal so that's fun to see. I would have butchered how that's pronounced if you hadn't written it out as well, I did a triple take in order to make sure that it made sense - early mornings. =/

Good information @ddec !

Got a chance to try this one out on the course and came away pretty darn impressed. Super fast at capture of distance, really clear viewfinder and the magnet works great.

This looks promising for those in the market this year!

Great review Dean. Sounds like a very solid product for the price point and like the smaller size.

The simple on off feature for slope is really nice. This should be pretty popular

Nice addition to their lineup, and 200 bucks is pretty manageable so a good price point

Great features, great price, love the slider switch for slope mode (not that I need it since I don't compete, but I had a rangefinder where I was constantly accidentally turning it on/off due to the button placement & design). Since I lost my last rangefinder **cough cough someone left it on the cart cough cough** this is definitely one I'd be looking at as a replacement.

Here’s a little side by side with the ULT-S Pro. Slope mode activated on both units.
964EDBB9-CCE9-44B7-AE4C-2B5991815DF7.jpeg

That yellow is so good

I didn't think I would like it when I saw the pictures, in hand though I do. It absolutely pops.

not mentioned in the homepage article, this one uses a CR2 battery

Great to have options!

I love having more budget-conscious options. Great review Dean

That is a great package at that price point. The magnet is a small feature, but one that is important to me if I was to replace mine.

That is a great package at that price point. The magnet is a small feature, but one that is important to me if I was to replace mine.

I haven't used one with a magnet before, but I've realized it's become a big selling point to many. I think it's really cool they included it here.

Reactions: J4U
Dang. For $200 this thing looks like it has all you need. Love that there is a magnet built in.

I haven't used one with a magnet before, but I've realized it's become a big selling point to many. I think it's really cool they included it here.
I haven't either but have seen them used. Not a fan of the wrap with magnet although that would be an easy fix.

Just so convenient and doesn't blend in with the black cart plastic inside if placing it there.

Well done on the info sir!

Thanks @ddec, nice article.

This price point is very good, especially with all these features. This would be a nice little upgrade.

My TTT VPro500 has been a solid gamer for quite the value. They are up to great things over there.

The magnetic belt clip is a great idea, I wonder what it feels like with the belt clip on and the rangefinder attached during a swing.

Here’s a little side by side with the ULT-S Pro. Slope mode activated on both units.
View attachment 9076657
I love that it's a switch now, I had one where the front popped in and out, always popped in when I put it away in the case.

And you can really tell the smaller size as well, very cool.

So I have had a chance to use this rangefinder for the past two weekends and I have a few initial impressions that I wanted to share!

First thing being that I've never been a rangefinder user. I've used a GPS watch or a GPS app for as long as I've been golfing. My thinking is that I'm not good enough that one or two yards (since you can place the pin on my watch) isn't a big deal in the overall scope of my game. But I've wanted a rangefinder for a while for practice on the range to know how far the flags. Our range is all grass so the flags are a constantly moving distance and it would be good to know that distance during practice.

Using it on the course the past two weekends has completely changed my mind though. Besides locking on to pins on the course to double check distance, it's also easy to shoot points on different lines, see if the group in front of you is ACTUALLY out of your landing area and of course using it on the range as I originally wanted.

This thing is crystal KLYR (lol) when looking through the eye piece and no matter what distance you were looking, everything was always in focus. I know some rangefinders have twisting eyepieces to clear up the view but I never once have look at something out of focus in this.

When looking through the eyepiece, the digital text is black like most other range finders. Gives distance, slope distance and a pin lock outline when it locks on to the pin. The target lock vibration is a fantastic feature that I would want on any future rangefinder I have.

The magnet is STRONG so there isn't going to be much worry about it falling off the belt clip (though I have not used it like that) or a cart no matter what terrain you're going over. Slope is super easy to turn on and off and know when it's activated in the scope and to any playing partners. There were a few times this last weekend where it wouldn't lock on on my first or even second press on the range but every time on the course, lock on was almost immediate and when comparing to my watch, was always very accurate.

And in case there was any worry about accuracy, I shot things multiple times to see if the distances game up the same and they were almost always the same with the most difference I saw being +/-1 yard but never both directions. So if I shot something at 150 I saw 150, 150, 151, 150. I never saw 150,149,151.

I'm a HUGE fan of having this in my bag now. I always thought GPS watch was the way to go but there are plenty of other ways to use this in conjunction as well as a double check at times!

Below I will share a few pictures of everything that comes in the box

AB0B3FF0-CDD3-424A-8E85-226661A5FBC3.jpeg

5AC0D3E1-C155-4B5F-A339-A92D0421946D.jpeg

FCDA1E27-E035-4832-9210-1F2ACE6EAE7D.jpeg

Slope ON
5EB294C2-FC18-4003-9F40-6DA2AAA245BD.jpeg

Slope OFF
22F2BCEB-75CA-4313-B29C-CFE5EFD84346.jpeg

Last edited:

Back