TecTecTec ULT-G GPS Watch

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TecTecTec’s GPS Golf Watch: The ULT-G has everything you need, and nothing that you don’t – at an affordable price. There’s no subscriptions required and never any surprise additional charges for course updates – Ever!

If you want to improve your game fast, the ULT-G will help line up your shots, instantly. Measure precise distances to the front, middle, and back of the green, as well as hazards. This watch is backed by a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.

Cost $119

ULTG-golf-watch-distance-rangefinder-3.jpg

That's a really attractive price for a gps watch

Not bad looking and not a bad price.

Solid price point for sure. Not a bad looking device either.

Attractive price point, good looking my only problem is that I don't like to wear things on my wrist when I play. Other than that, it's solid.

Well boys and girls, for those curious, I'm your Huckleberry.

Should have this one in hand for review here very soon.

And I'll add this in here (I'm going to in all the review threads from now on), feel free to jump in and ask questions, be critical, be impressed, be sad, be whatever it is and share away. Conversation is fun but golf equipment conversation is a whole different level of fun.

Lets have fun, shall we? ;)

Well boys and girls, for those curious, I'm your Huckleberry.

Should have this one in hand for review here very soon.

I am looking forward to your review. I am hoping that this unit will have an option to measure distances of shots.

Great price point. Really looking forward to reading the review.

Thanks guys.

Biggest thing for me is going to be accuracy compared to other units also pulling GPS numbers. Will either find one of my old golf watches and charge it up, or charge up my old Bushnell hybrid rangefinder to compare. Should make for some interesting notes.

Thanks guys.

Biggest thing for me is going to be accuracy compared to other units also pulling GPS numbers. Will either find one of my old golf watches and charge it up, or charge up my old Bushnell hybrid rangefinder to compare. Should make for some interesting notes.

It will be interesting to see the accuracy at that very attractive price.

I haven't used a lot of golf apps for my Apple Watch but the most recent one that I just got a few weeks ago seems to be more accurate than the others I've tried. Maybe it's that the GPS is just more accurate in the new series 5. GolfShot is the one I'm using and the flyovers/overviews are pretty cool.
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.36.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.31.10 AM.png

Yeah, I think the price point should catch some eyes. But I also wonder how much interest there really is left in standalone watches like this with the advent of the smart watch and apps like Golfshot.

Yeah, I think the price point should catch some eyes. But I also wonder how much interest there really is left in standalone watches like this with the advent of the smart watch and apps like Golfshot.

Yes, the really attractive thing about the golf apps for smart watches is they keep improving the apps and display as the watches get cheaper. A new Apple series 3 watch is now only $199 and I'm sure there are others that are even cheaper.

If I had not already purchased a Garmin S60, I would be taking a look at this watch. ;)

Yes, the really attractive thing about the golf apps for smart watches is they keep improving the apps and display as the watches get cheaper. A new Apple series 3 watch is now only $199 and I'm sure there are others that are even cheaper.
I think these will get relegated to a niche product, but I think there will be a market for them for a long time yet. There’s lots of people that don’t like smart watches so these fit that demo pretty well.

I think these will get relegated to a niche product, but I think there will be a market for them for a long time yet. There’s lots of people that don’t like smart watches so these fit that demo pretty well.

This is an interesting question, because smart watches are so prevalent now.

Thats a sweet deal and the watch looks pretty nice too!

This is an interesting question, because smart watches are so prevalent now.

It is and they are growing at about a 90% rate every year.

Great price, but I agree with others. I would simply buy a Apple Watch at this juncture.

Forgot to get this charged last night for its first time out, too many things going on in a life of a guy with three kids, go figure, hahahaha

Going to try to hook it up in the classroom today and let it charge up and then give it a go. If not, I’ve got about 144 holes of golf planned wed through Thur so it’ll get a workout soon!

Charged up and ready to go tomorrow!

Trying to find my Bushnell watch charger still to really give it a side by side with a trusted unit, will keep trying to locate that.

Heeeeeyyyyyy people! Sorry I haven’t updated this.

I’ve actually had the watch out for about 4 rounds now.

1) Size is good, better than most lower price pointed GPS watched out there, more in line with the Bushnell imo and that’s to me the benchmark in gps watches.

2) Battery life is acceptable. I got two rounds on mine before I decided to just go ahead and recharge, but keep in mind I play fast (2-2.5 hours per round). Going to try and run it to dead this coming weekend.

3) Side by side with the Bushnell Neo and Hybrid it’s within 2 yards on everything, and most times spot on. That’s a win.

4) For the price, I’m impressed. I’m just not sure the market truly exists for these anymore, what do you all think?

4) For the price, I’m impressed. I’m just not sure the market truly exists for these anymore, what do you all think?

I do think the market for these is dwindling fast as many of the people who want one of these already have a smartwatch with dozens of golf apps to choose from. The Apple series 3 watch is down to $199 so it's tough to go out and spend over $100 on a watch that just does golf GPS. The only guys I know that still use a golf watch are over the age of 55.

I do think the market for these is dwindling fast as many of the people who want one of these already have a smartwatch with dozens of golf apps to choose from. The Apple series 3 watch is down to $199 so it's tough to go out and spend over $100 on a watch that just does golf GPS. The only guys I know that still use a golf watch are over the age of 55.

I thought this same exact thing.
I have learned that there is a large part of the golfing segment that doesn't use smart watches. Doesn't want to fiddle with apps and such. Just wants something on their wrist or bag that gives them distances. Speaking with both retailers and some clubs, they continue to do well with them, which was a total surprise to me.

We were at a beautiful resort/club this past weekend and I chuckled at how many of the Bushnell watches I saw on wrists and stuck on the back of bags from the members.

Heeeeeyyyyyy people! Sorry I haven’t updated this.

I’ve actually had the watch out for about 4 rounds now.

1) Size is good, better than most lower price pointed GPS watched out there, more in line with the Bushnell imo and that’s to me the benchmark in gps watches.

2) Battery life is acceptable. I got two rounds on mine before I decided to just go ahead and recharge, but keep in mind I play fast (2-2.5 hours per round). Going to try and run it to dead this coming weekend.

3) Side by side with the Bushnell Neo and Hybrid it’s within 2 yards on everything, and most times spot on. That’s a win.

It’s not something I’d ever buy personally. I much prefer the app based versions, but I’m sure there are some that don’t want to deal with it as @JB said. I can imagine that market is shrinking though.

Back