I love this show. So likeable, and it's a funny football (sorry, soccer) show.

I'm surprised that so many Americans love it. I mean there's not much actual soccer in it but you still need a reasonable grasp of the sport.

Do you lot like the actual playing bits? And how do you like fans singing/chanting at games? :D

Anyone here actually go and watch MLS games?

The story and characters make the show. The soc .. er football is second. I saw a Real Madrid match in Madrid and LOVED the chanting!

The story and characters make the show. The soc .. er football is second. I saw a Real Madrid match in Madrid and LOVED the chanting!
There needs to be more chanting in NFL, its a real audience participation activity that is lots of fun, and you get some very funny stuff sung.

The guy from the Jets fans with the fireman's helmet is cool. I sat near him once at one of the London games when he was doing his "J.... E.... T.... S.... Jets Jets Jets!" stuff. Great fun.

I'm a big NFL fan btw. Been to loads of London games and always have Redzone on every Sunday, plus play DraftKings with a few mates. One of my favourite comedies is The League. "Rafi Bomb!!".

I don't know how many of you are aware that Roy Kent is based largely on ex Ireland and Manchester United player and current pundit Roy Keane. He was also a notorious "hardman" on and off the pitch and went into management and punditry.

He's a typical grumpy Irish-man. Very blunt, serious and gets annoyed at any nonsense. He can be very funny to watch as well just like Roy Kent.

He cracks me up almost as much as fictional Roy :p

Last edited:
Every episode has such great lines. Loved the one about meeting someones mother as well also the one about HR Puffnstuff was hilarious for us 70's kids!

My wife thought he said Hufflepuff. When she asked what it was, I told her to google Pufnstuf and preparefor some of the biggest WTF reactions you’ll ever get πŸ˜‚

The last 2 episodes were great! I wish we could get Roy Kents on actual TV for sporting events!

Not a big soccer fan but it leaves us smiling which is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B793F98A-B09F-483A-A975-CC7514709DC6.jpeg
just bought this for my son who is a big soccer/Ted Lasso fan. Personalized with #6 Kent:)

Always thought about watching this show, but this thread put me over the top.

Two years ago, I moved to take a new job I knew would be challenging. Immediately, I recognized the culture was really negative, and my boss actively fed it. I decided that regardless of how I was treated, I needed to instill some positivity, optimism, and be helpful to all.

In that time, I got to learn a bit more about my boss. Where she came from, and what she was about. About a month ago, she directed an outburst at me, in front of two colleagues. Later, over the phone, she apologized for it. (Her version of an apology, anyway.) And, I forgave her. The culture of the company has improved a lot, and I'd like to think I had a part to play in that.

I watched S1 E1 last Saturday. I binged the rest of Season 1 on Saturday and Sunday. The episode where Rebecca apologizes to Ted did not go unappreciated...

So, in my own way, I am Ted Lasso. I can identify with him. Beyond that, I'm just really enjoying the series. Hopeful Jamie makes a comeback so I can get his stupid song out of my head.

And, yes, Roy Kent is badass.

I binged I guess the first 6 or more episodes last night. It’s a great show, I’m not easily hooked like that. Even shows I really like, I tend to watch a couple episodes and step away. Too much of a good thing usually bores me. Not this one.

I don't know how many of you are aware that Roy Kent is based largely on ex Ireland and Manchester United player and current pundit Roy Keane. He was also a notorious "hardman" on and off the pitch and went into management and punditry.

He's a typical grumpy Irish-man. Very blunt, serious and gets annoyed at any nonsense. He can be very funny to watch as well just like Roy Kent.

He cracks me up almost as much as fictional Roy :p

Keane was also a much hated figure in the premier league, especially with his deliberate attempts to injure opponents.

I love this show. So likeable, and it's a funny football (sorry, soccer) show.

I'm surprised that so many Americans love it. I mean there's not much actual soccer in it but you still need a reasonable grasp of the sport.

Do you lot like the actual playing bits? And how do you like fans singing/chanting at games? :D

Anyone here actually go and watch MLS games?
I wish they had a little more game time in it. I have been to one FC Dallas game quite a few years ago and saw Landon Donovan score a hat trick which was pretty cool.

My best friend went in with another guy for 2 season tickets to FC Austin so I will go to a game with him in a month or so.

Another quality episode. The truth will set you free!

Wow ... this week's episode is ...

Spoiler
Absolutely no reference or consequence from Nate being an uberdick again right at the end of the last episode though.

We just started watching this week. I love this show. It’s nice that it just makes you feel good.

Yeah, this week's episode made me think. In a good way. So many emotions.

Fantastic episode.

One that really truly hit home in a lot of ways for me. 😒

Spoiler
Absolutely no reference or consequence from Nate being an uberdick again right at the end of the last episode though.
…
Spoiler
I really believe he’s going to become the bad guy. They’ve flipped the least likable, Jamie, and now they’ll flip the most likable, Nate. He’s going to go to Crimm and leak Ted’s anxiety attack story.

Fantastic episode.

One that really truly hit home in a lot of ways for me. 😒
Spoiler
watching Roy tell Phoebe that he's worried he's screwing her up, only for her to tell him she's the best of him, perfect. That's the sort of affirmation that parents need, to know we aren't screwing up your kids. Then knowing that Jamie needed a hug, just to feel some love, perfect. It was a beautiful episode for Roy.

Dr. Sharon offering Ted wine or water, while shuffling booze bottles off the counter...

Ted reminding Beard that the had a team activity in the morning was subtle, but that's a trick that people do when they're worried a person will make bad choices, give them something to do the next day. Which is especially poignant after Ted tells Dr. Sharon that his father killed himself.

Then, Rebecca getting 'struck by f*cking lightning' (Roy's advice to Rebecca) was wonderful

So many layers. You think your watching a comedy but it is so much more!

Spoiler
watching Roy tell Phoebe that he's worried he's screwing her up, only for her to tell him she's the best of him, perfect. That's the sort of affirmation that parents need, to know we aren't screwing up your kids. Then knowing that Jamie needed a hug, just to feel some love, perfect. It was a beautiful episode for Roy.

Dr. Sharon offering Ted wine or water, while shuffling booze bottles off the counter...

Ted reminding Beard that the had a team activity in the morning was subtle, but that's a trick that people do when they're worried a person will make bad choices, give them something to do the next day. Which is especially poignant after Ted tells Dr. Sharon that his father killed himself.

Then, Rebecca getting 'struck by f*cking lightning' (Roy's advice to Rebecca) was wonderful
Spoiler
When Roy went over and hugged Jamie that ended me. I felt that whole scene to my bones. Way too close to home.

And I want to punch Nate’a face now.

Spoiler
When Roy went over and hugged Jamie that ended me. I felt that whole scene to my bones. Way too close to home.

And I want to punch Nate’a face now.
Spoiler
they've done a good job of turning Nate into a proper wanker

Back