Teeing the ball - the rules are simple

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Never seen an anti-slice before... interesting. Its also hard to imagine someone going to the effort of making their own tees.

1191.jpg

The plastic back prevents you from putting side-spin on the ball, dramatically reducing a slice

1191.jpg

The plastic back prevents you from putting side-spin on the ball, dramatically reducing a slice

crazy idea..wouldnt that reduce the distance off the tee as well? But I guess if you are hitting it straight, that loss of distance wouldnt be a big deal

Seems like you would love alot of distance as well with one..

I also don't really understand two tee's tied together with a string concept.. What does that accomplish?

I live in a (mostly) warm area. What's the deal with the tees connected by string? How does that help?

I also don't really understand two tee's tied together with a string concept.. What does that accomplish?

OR....what he said.

I am sure you lose distance... but I would guess that it isn't as much as we think. No spin on the ball = more roll out. Perhaps it balances out?

No idea. Seems like a lot of trouble to go threw for a tee

I'm not sure what the deal is with regulating a tee that could be used as an alignment aid, when the lines that many people put on their balls (or even the seam markings) can be used for that purpose.

I'm not sure what the deal is with regulating a tee that could be used as an alignment aid, when the lines that many people put on their balls (or even the seam markings) can be used for that purpose.

Not to mention the caddies that are allowed to stand behind professionals and tell them their alignment is a "go". <------ dumb and should not be allowed

Not to mention the caddies that are allowed to stand behind professionals and tell them their alignment is a "go". <------ dumb and should not be allowed

100% agree

Any tee longer than 4" would kinda be like a railroad spike. And I still don't know why you'd tie it to another one.

Any tee longer than 4" would kinda be like a railroad spike. And I still don't know why you'd tie it to another one.

Maybe the USGA was trying to head off the hammock tee craze that was due to hit in 2014

"Wile E Coyote" sling-shot tee?

I think the two tees tied together (say THAT 5 times fast) idea is to avoid losing tees? That's all I can think of or find, unless people would use it for alignment, which is illegal everywhere.

Someone has to know why you would tie two together???

Someone has to know why you would tie two together???

So you don't lose them?
So you can have different lengths of tees?
Because you like rope?

So you don't lose them?
So you can have different lengths of tees?
Because you like rope?
Ill go with because you like rope... Seems legit to me

Gotcha.. Clearly that makes the most sense to me as well!!

Feels like there has to be a Monty Python or Princess Bride quote around here somewhere...

Winter_Tee.jpg

I had to figure out what was going on .... so apparently in conditions where what we think of as traditional tees won't work (extremely wet or extremely hard ground), these are commonplace.

Winter_Tee.jpg

I had to figure out what was going on .... so apparently in conditions where what we think of as traditional tees won't work (extremely wet or extremely hard ground), these are commonplace.

Wait...what? I guess I get that the ground would be too hard to punch through...but why are they tied together?

I have to guess and say that it's probably to keep one from bouncing off the teebox and getting lost.

Winter_Tee.jpg

Sorry but I'm sticking with because you like rope.

Back