TEEm Tour Edge Surprise Delivery EXS Blade Wedge

Well the suprise hit a little bit different than the wedge...

Say hello to the Hot Launch E521 Ironwood

Got a good thread for HL 521. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Got a good thread for HL 521. Looking forward to your thoughts.
Found it and posted some pics and comments.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Well the suprise hit a little bit different than the wedge...

Say hello to the Hot Launch E521 Ironwood
Perfect!! I think there was some thought put into who got which club to test!!! Awesome @JB

Perfect!! I think there was some thought put into who got which club to test!!! Awesome @JB
Those wedges are perfection... 💯 would love to hear how they spin and feel.

Looks/Address: As someone noted in one of the above comments, this wedge is shiny. But at set-up the milled face is muted and frames nicely. The clubhead is rounded with a higher than most toe.

Full shots: The club feels really soft. Feedback is excellent, I can tell where on the face I made contact based on the feel. I noticed the sweet spot is slightly higher in the face than my Callaway Jaws MD5 wedges. The ball flight is slightly lower (probably because the higher sweet spot) and more piercing, but definitely spins a bunch. This wedge is definitely one you can flight. Turf interaction is good, especially since it is late fall up here in NY, and the fairways are soft and this wedge has plenty of bounce. Distance is equivalent to my Callaways, and is what I would expect from a 56* wedge. Acoustically on full shots it makes more of a soft click, which tells you that these are quality forgings.

Pitch and short game shots: This club is very versatile, just as I suspected it would be based on the sole grind. Though it carries a lot of bounce (14*), and I usually play slightly less bounce in my 56*, this club did well with both square face and open face chip and pitch shots from around the greens. Even out of rough these wedges grab. Speaking of grabbing, the milled face does a nice job stopping the ball on the greens from a variety of lies. Another nice thing about this wedges high toe and rounded design, there is much more surface area on the club face. I felt this made me feel very confident in a variety of lies, and especially in the bunkers. Out of thick rough I was really impressed.

Overall I am very impressed with this club, the quality of the product and the subtle tech (part of the back of the club is also milled to remove some weight and redistribute that weight low and high, to help with strikes low in the club face). This is a premium wedge, that really shines out of the bunker and around the greens. I usually use my 60 out of the bunkers, but this 56* was able to blast shots out high and soft.
Awesome feedback...

Sounds like a premium product. Does it stand to knock off the jaws?

Awesome feedback...

Sounds like a premium product. Does it stand to knock off the jaws?
They are every bit as good as the Jaws. They won’t knock the jaws out for now since I just got another new set of jaws wedges. But I have been using this 56* in my last few rounds and will use it for a few more to determine if I should add a 50* and a 60* in the near future. I will defiantly keep testing it.

Got out for a quick 9 this morning and hit the new Tour Edge EXS blade wedge every chance I got. It looks just like my other wedges (56 degree sand wedge), but it hits much better. It is rare for me to hit it high onto the green and have it spin back, so that aspect is nice. I hit 8 out of 9 shots almost perfect, with one outlier caused by me. I am hoping to play again tomorrow. And my Tour Edge EXS 220 driver was ON FIRE today. I don't believe I have ever hit the ball farther as it really likes my new swing. One problem, I need to wait longer for the players in front of me before hitting LOL> :D

I want to get a set, and then have the plating removed on them. I’ll not lie. It’s tempting.

I want to get a set, and then have the plating removed on them. I’ll not lie. It’s tempting.
These wedges are solid. I could see that, especially If you want some spin

Now that sounds awesome!

These would look awesome raw.

I have been playing with the EXS Blade Wedge for the last couple of months and this is another Tour Edge club that is impressive in tech and playability.

This is the 56-degree blade wedge and to compare I used my 54-degree Zipcore wedge on a Full Swing simulator the past two weekends. Both are a blade version of wedges and both have been very accurate for me. I did hit one bad shot with each. I badly bladed the EXS on one swing, so the 5000 spin was expected and a totally open Zipcore shot went way right. However, I did see very comparable numbers with the EXS in terms of dispersion and feel to my Zipcore.

As others have said, the EXS is a very nice-looking premium wedge that has a high toe that I like on my wedges.

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

Tour Edge's CNC Mill cut grooves are designed to increase spin and against my Zipcore, I would say that was true. I was seeing a much higher spin off the EXS Blade wedge versus my Zipcore. On average, the spin measured about 400+ higher with my top spin being over 9000. Now, my Zipcore is a 54-degree wedge so that may have a bit of factor, and as the numbers showed the distance was a bit longer on the Zipcore. However, 75-77 yards is exactly what I would expect from a 56-degree wedge for me. I generally play a 54-degree at 78-83 yards and a 58-degree wedge at 68-73

I am a big wedge player and generally use my wedges all over the course, and from either full or short shots, I really like the playability of the Tour Edge EXS. I would probably prefer to use a 54-degree wedge for chipping, but the 56 was fine while testing. I could easily feel the ball and had good control on my shorter shots. Again, this is on a Full Swing simulator due to the great weather we have had in the Northeast, so I can't wait to get these out on the course hopefully in a few weeks. Yet, I could still control the distance easily on the sim.

Zipcore on left : EXS Blade on right
IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

Tour Edge has really enlightened me to how strong their products are. I have now played with a full set of Tour Edge clubs from the driver, hybrids, irons, wedges, and the wingman putter. They are right on par with many other clubs I have used over the years and continue to be impressed with how much of today's tech they are able to get in their clubs with the price structure they use. The EXS Blade Wedge is a strong piece of equipment for anyone looking at new wedges this year.

Back