Tell 3 things about yourself that people on here don't know

Just read this entire thread, good stuff.

I have a boring life, this is all I can think of:

1.) I competed at the national level at the Hershey track and field meet in Hershey, PA as a 10-11 yr old.

2.) I can solve a rubic's cube in 3-4 minutes.

3.) When I was 8ish, I played with a Red Rider bee bee gun in my basement for years that didn't work, until the bee bee that was stuck finally went off. No harm, lesson learned.

not about me but my best buddy in college took a semester off, to Climb Mt. Everest. At the time, he was the youngest male to summit the tallest mountain on each continent.

Just read this entire thread, good stuff.

not about me but my best buddy in college took a semester off, to Climb Mt. Everest. At the time, he was the youngest male to summit the tallest mountain on each continent.

I want to do this so bad. So bad, if only had the funds

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I want to do this so bad. So bad, if only had the funds

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Yeah man after following the entire journey and following most the other climbs (He actually just summit-ted Ama Dablam last Saturday) I really want to do it someday as well. Like you said though, it takes some serious coin.

Yeah man after following the entire journey and following most the other climbs (He actually just summit-ted Ama Dablam last Saturday) I really want to do it someday as well. Like you said though, it takes some serious coin.

I looked into it minimum crew to take you that is reputable and safe $30,000

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I looked into it minimum crew to take you that is reputable and safe $30,000

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

That is pretty low. expect 60K plus gear and flights.

That is pretty low. expect 60K plus gear and flights.

Yea, it was 4-5 years ago I looked into it. And who knows how reputable I did see it said there were no Sherpa guides in there package

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Yea, it was 4-5 years ago I looked into it. And who knows how reputable I did see it said there were no Sherpa guides in there package

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Yeah man it would be sweet and I would like to as well. Most guides won't take you unless you have relevant experience like Denali and others. Sherpas are the coolest people ever. Two of them stayed in my town for a few months and worked for the kid's (who climbed Everest) dad and they were the nicest and hardest working guys I have ever met

Wow, you guys have done some interesting stuff. I like this thread a lot.

Just some recent stuff:

I hang out with Philosophy professors on a regular basis, because drunk philosophy professors are the most entertaining people on the planet.

I have a fondness for chess, playing several games a night.

I can solve a Rubiks cube in about 1 minute 15 seconds.

Random facts;

1. 6th grade talent show I recited Pi to the 200th decimal place.
2. At 220+ lbs I can still do a perfect one handed cart wheel, it's a great party trick.
3. I once ate 93 wings at one sitting.

Great call on this thread KellyBo - this is sort of why I like to occasionally play as single because you meet interesting people. Here's three for me that come to mind (first two not very recent for the record):

1. once won $60 on a bet to shotgun a 20 oz Guinness in less than five seconds at a wedding (wife not happy about this) - this was a gimme since I used to be able to a 12 oz can in less than 3 seconds
2. sang (not lip sync) a Guns N Roses song at Oktoberfest in Germany in front of about 5,000 people
3. like golf more than work (OK, maybe not surprising to anyone here, but I need to make the point because I'm at work - and I actually like work)

Great call on this thread KellyBo - this is sort of why I like to occasionally play as single because you meet interesting people. Here's three for me that come to mind (first two not very recent for the record):

1. once won $60 on a bet to shotgun a 20 oz Guinness in less than five seconds at a wedding (wife not happy about this) - this was a gimme since I used to be able to a 12 oz can in less than 3 seconds
2. sang (not lip sync) a Guns N Roses song at Oktoberfest in Germany in front of about 5,000 people
3. like golf more than work (OK, maybe not surprising to anyone here, but I need to make the point because I'm at work - and I actually like work)

Nice! Which song was it?

It's sad man, but hey yes you had a real lion!!

Yes, something like that, I was a bit younger then, didn't listen to the details, I HAD A LION! :D

P.S. On a serious note, I was a teenager, my mother raised and still do, Irish Wolfhounds.

Back