Tell 3 things about yourself that people on here don't know

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
We played this game at work one day and it was fun to learn things you didn't know about people.

I'll start off:

1. I am one of 9 kids (baby girl who grew up right in the middle of the boys which is why I'm such a tomboy). 5 girls, 4 boys

2. I have lived in 8 states (CA, AZ, TX, AL, GA, NC, SC, FL). I was born in Jacksonville, NC but I have lived in GA most of my life.

3. I retired with 30 years of service from the State of GA at the young age of 50. While there I worked for their Mental Health Department (2 yrs), Child Support Enforcement Agency (10 yrs-most stressful job ever), and Department of Corrections (longest). To say the least, I have dealt with all kinds of people. This explains why I can live with Ole Gray. :D

1. I suffer from cluster headaches aka suicide headaches,has been described as the worst pain known to man-google it

2. I'm an unpaid comedian

3. My worst fear is dying young

1. Vietnam Veteran

2. I have had a previous battle with Cancer .

3. I played in a rock in roll band in the late 60's, do a pretty good Elvis at the karaoke, performed solo songs in Church in my earlier years.

1. Used to play poker professionally.
2. I'm 6'2 and 125 pounds!
3. I'm going through dental surgery atm, and it seems I'll have to turn up at the outing as a somewhat toothless tiger.

1. As a young man I battled a terrible slice.

2. I once saw Mink Deville in a club in Milwaukee with a friend, then we drove to Washington, DC at bar time to see Charlie Feathers the next day. Another time a buddy and I left Milwaukee at bar time to drive to Kansas City for Arthur Bryant's BBQ and a Winstead's cheeseburger because I had read about the two places in a book by Calvin Trillin called American Fried. We drove back the same day. That's two things, but one principle.

3. I like steak and seafood, and have been known to eat them together, a combination I call surf and turf.

Kevin

When I was young, I more or less lied constantly.

I plan to become a lawyer.

I dont know how to ride a bike.

When I was young, I more or less lied constantly.

I plan to become a lawyer.

I dont know how to ride a bike.

There may be a joke in the first two. LOL.

Kevin

1. As a kid, my brother and I were foster brothers to around 30 different kids.

2. I've travelled to every continent except for South America (yep, even been to Antarctica).

3. I use to design and build sets when I was a drama student my first 2 years of university.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

(yep, even been to Antarctica).

Very cool! You're interesting. I have read a lot of books about Antarctica explorers.

Kevin

Very cool! You're interesting. I have read a lot of books about Antarctica explorers.

Kevin

I didn't explore per se, but I've set foot there, not everyone can say that. I've never been sea sick until that ship ride from Tasmania to there. It was bad!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

1. I was close to a PhD but put it aside when our son came along.

2. I was a former counselor of teenagers with severe emotional and behavioral issues in an inner city alternative high school. Almost all had been in and out of prison, and had terrible home environments.

3. I've lived in WA, CA, FL, TN, IL, PA, MA, traveled cross country four times, took up golf late in life, and was born in Wiesbaden, Germany.

LOL, knew that was coming.

Here are three more:

I am a huge manga (Japanese Comics) junkie. I have about ten series that I follow at the moment.

I once fired a 30-06 inside of my house. It went through my parents bed, a turn table, and into a wall.

I aspire to qualify for Mensa.
There may be a joke in the first two. LOL.

Kevin

1. I have a special needs brother and my mom has Parkinson's.

2. I travel to California and back every summer. I also travel to the Bahamas and back every winter.

3. I have been skydiving and climbed the Grand Teton (13, 770 ft), Wyoming.

1. I was 27" long at birth - the longest child I have heard of at birth was Gladys Knight's last baby at 28".

2. I used to bowl and the highest average I ever carried was 214, I am in my local bowling associations Hall of Fame.

3. I shook hands with John F Kennedy.

1. I have backpacked 1,500+ miles in my life. Before I am too old to backpack I would like to have backpacked 3,000 miles. The appalachian trail was a real possibility for me a couple years ago but I wasn't able to take advantage of it

2. I am an Eagle Scout. For my final project I funded and built all new playground equipment at my elementary school. I consider this to be the most significant and life changing thing that I have ever accomplished.

3. I was in two social fraternities in college. One was "professional" (quotes intentional) and the other was faith based.

Last edited:
My paternal Grandfather was an Irish immigrate who came to the US at age 8 in 1914

I once collected empty beer cans and had over 5000 different ones

I grew up on a farm in Indiana which had 75,000 egg laying chickens

1. I have backpacked 1,500+ miles in my life. Before I am too old to backpack I would like to have backpacked 3,000 miles. The appalachian trail was a real possibility for me a couple years ago but I wasn't able to take advantage of it

2. I am an Eagle Scout. For my final project I funded and built all new playground equipment at my elementary school

3. I was in two social fraternities in college. One was "professional" (quotes intentional) and the other was faith based.

I plan to backpack the A.T. when I retire.

Very interesting thread.

1. I have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering that I don't use anymore. Now I work in IT.
2. I'm a semi-avid World of Warcraft player.
3. Think most of the items on ThinkGeek are very clever, but am too embarrassed to buy them.

Yes, there is a theme here...I am a dork :act-up:

Very interesting thread.

1. I have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering that I don't use anymore. Now I work in IT.
2. I'm a semi-avid World of Warcraft player.
3. Think most of the items on ThinkGeek are very clever, but am too embarrassed to buy them.

Yes, there is a theme here...I am a dork :act-up:

haha, I'm a dork too AD, just a golf one.

haha, I'm a dork too AD, just a golf one.

Yeah, I use my golf-dorkdom to help cover up my general dorkdom.

Did the chickens have large talons?

Kevin

No....not large. Egg laying hens are bred to have short talons.

2. I am an Eagle Scout. For my final project I funded and built all new playground equipment at my elementary school

Congratulations on a great achievement, I only made Life, I wish I had finished. Are you a member of the Order of the Arrow? I still have my membership card.

Love this thread Kelly Bo it has been a great read.

1) I was born in Victoria and have lived here since 2000 since I moved here for University but I spend the majority of my teenage years in Europe, Greece and England mostly. (I have a European Passport).

2) I'm Canadian and hate hockey! Thats right, its stupid and I don't get why we like it. Therefore I have a Serious Satellite radio in my car and I get Direct tv to my house so I can watch sports channels and listen to sports radio that isn't about Hockey.

3) I'm surprisingly handsome, I hold a degree in Statistics that I used for all of two weeks before I quit to do something I enjoyed.

Back